10 replies to this topic

Flying Lotus

Flying Lotus

Awaken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationEurope

i think these are some of very first trance tracks and i hear similarities with actual psytrance music. such an old music

correct me if i am wrong :)

Push - Universal Nation (Original 12" Mix)

Kai Tracid - TRANCE AND ACID

• Gagarin, moderator and ancientrealms like this
you are what you eat, stay healthy

andorra

andorra

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Here are some (just few to mention...) of my favorite albums from the past I used to listen to a lot   :)

I think it was the "Distance to Goa 6" that really turned me into psy- and goatrance scene   :)

There's just so much good stuff from the past... Luckily some artist are doing some great remixes of old classics and bringing these up to date.

• YuriNondual likes this

ancientrealms

ancientrealms

Awaken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Just came across this. From 1996! So good.

ancientrealms

ancientrealms

Awaken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

i think these are some of very first trance tracks and i hear similarities with actual psytrance music. such an old music

correct me if i am wrong :)

oh man!!! How long has it been since I heard Kai Tracid... :D

Gagarin

Gagarin

hippy with gadgets

• Administrators
  • 1,648 posts

article about beginning of trance

http://www.bleep43.c...-of-trance.html

goa beach party 1992

reality is a creation of your mind

schofield

schofield

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

^ That's a pretty cool article.  The second video at the end is good too - there's something sounding not too dissimilar to KLF toward the end.

Shpongle

Shpongle

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationOuter Shpongolia

My first Trance album and still one of my favourites, classic!

Nothing Lasts...But Nothing Is Lost...

andorra

andorra

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Holy batman! That's so good album, I still have that CD in my bookshelf :) Great melodies and that power..!

Also the original version of 'Spiritual Healing' has interesting story behind it.. Also one of the most legendary melodies ever written probably :)

• Shpongle likes this

Shpongle

Shpongle

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Holy batman! That's so good album, I still have that CD in my bookshelf :) Great melodies and that power..!

Also the original version of 'Spiritual Healing' has interesting story behind it.. Also one of the most legendary melodies ever written probably :)

Don't think i'm familiar with the story behind that track..Got a link for that? :D  There's something special about this album, don't know that exactly...but i love everything about it

andorra

andorra

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Don't think i'm familiar with the story behind that track..Got a link for that? :D  There's something special about this album, don't know that exactly...but i love everything about it

This is a quote from discogs.com:

"The next stage in his life that made a great impact was when he discovered that he had a cancer and he should go through intensive course of chemotherapy. During this time Juan found for himself peace and relief in trance music. After one of the treatment sessions Juan arrived to his studio and under the influence of inspiration that came to him he wrote his famous track "Spiritual Healing". After this single was released Juan started to recover and is in better health these days."

http://www.discogs.c...-Muses-Rapt-The

• ancientrealms and Shpongle like this

Shpongle

Shpongle

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

This is a quote from discogs.com:

"The next stage in his life that made a great impact was when he discovered that he had a cancer and he should go through intensive course of chemotherapy. During this time Juan found for himself peace and relief in trance music. After one of the treatment sessions Juan arrived to his studio and under the influence of inspiration that came to him he wrote his famous track "Spiritual Healing". After this single was released Juan started to recover and is in better health these days."

http://www.discogs.c...-Muses-Rapt-The

Interesting, didn't know about that, thanks dude ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: oldschool, trance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users