Photo

news - 2015 - W46 - release of the week poll

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: 2015 - W46 - release of the week poll (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Which release(s) would you like to highlight this week?

1. CatchAll - The Attraction To Earth [ Plexus Music ] (1 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

2. Cloudcycle (Greg Hunter & Mauxuam) - Cloud 2 (Alt) [ Self Released ] (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Floating Planet - Fractal Wortex [ Self Released ] (1 votes [11.11%])

4. Gnomes Of Kush - Honey [ Section Records ] (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Green Isac Orchestra - Green Isac Orchestra [ Spotted Peccary Music ] (0 votes [0.00%])

6. HAUA - HAUA [ Self Released ] (2 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

7. HAUA - Ohm Winds [ Self Released ] (1 votes [11.11%])

8. Jong - Reminiscences [ Self Released ] (0 votes [0.00%])

9. Koan - Nobody [ Blue Tunes Chillout ] (0 votes [0.00%])

10. Man Of No Ego - Blinkers Removed [ Self Released ] (0 votes [0.00%])

11. Midival Punditz - Baanwarey Remixes [ Self Released ] (0 votes [0.00%])

12. Nimphea & Hmmka - Svet & Teni [ Multifrequency Records ] (1 votes [11.11%])

13. Shanti - Elementalism [ Mycelium Music ] (1 votes [11.11%])

14. Soulular & Trevor Kelley - Constant Contrast Vol. 2 [ Foundations Recordings ] (0 votes [0.00%])

15. Sundial Aeon - Symbiosis [ Impact Studio Records ] (2 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

16. The Seldom Named - Inquiry [ Time Resonance Music ] (0 votes [0.00%])

17. Trees - Live At IV Lab Studios [ Self Released ] (0 votes [0.00%])

18. Various Artists - Fairy Tales Vol. 1 [ OM Mantra Records ] (0 votes [0.00%])

19. Various Artists - Original Knowledge [ Mystic Sound Records ] (0 votes [0.00%])

20. When Elements Align - Sensus [ Uxmal Records ] (0 votes [0.00%])

21. Wu Wei - Lifetimes Between [ Muti Music ] (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

snowdrop

snowdrop

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Greetings, friends! Your friendly poll pixie here, delivering another selection of auditory delights compiled by timeisart and Gagarin for your consideration :D

I invite you to discuss and highlight the music releases that have been announced this week in psybient.org news. You are very welcome to vote for your favourite, most 'interesting' album(s) and/or share your impressions and thoughts on the music.

To encourage more participants in the weekly forum, we decided to gift participants music from our label partners! To participate  in the 'giveaway':
- make a vote
- write a small comment about your choice

Embedded players for each release are under the spoiler - click 'show' below to display them. For previews of non-Bandcamp releases, click on the album artwork.

Spoiler

Last week's results (these are the results after one week of voting - you can still vote and comment on this selection - click here!):

1st: Drumspyder - Sound Sigils [ Self Released ]

2nd: Desert Dwellers - The Great Mystery Remixes Part 2 [ Desert Trax ]

Various Artists - Rhythm Code II [ Shanti Planti ]

3rd: Dubtrak - Be In The Flow [ Mystic Sound Records ]

Ishq - In A Rainbow Air [ Virtual ]

Big love _/\_

Edit: this week's results are available to view here :)

timeisart

timeisart

Release Tracker

• Psybient.org team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts
kind of a slow week but I thought Floating Planet's release on Ektoplazm was pretty good, Nimphea & Hmmka was a nice surprise, and Shanti gets the bass vote this week. Also new album from the legends Sundial Aeon is good as expected.

still need to check out VA - Original Knowledge and Man Of No Ego though
Posted Image

krass-linux

krass-linux

Illuminated

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

[x] Sundial Aeon - Symbiosis

... I am excited about the martin nonstatic release https://ultimae.band...></span></span>

• Fuluf likes this

little psaya

little psaya

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

I just listened to Haua's two albums, it is very strange you can not even google it out. I can only click though psybient.org's link. Haua's music is surprisingly good, despite quite odd name. but russian like to be eccentric, especially those go to rainbow gathering... I am sure Haua is one of them, but his ( I assume one Mr.Haua.) interpretation of shiva shamboo is too slow, almost out of tune, maybe that is why his ohm winds album is only $9, but his first album is $14, quite expensive, for a first one, but I do agree his first album is much better.

Anyway, that Kurai instrument is really nice to hear, I can almost hear somebody has to blow very hard, very palpable human touch, and the whole album is more mature and energetic. Maybe it is better to deal with subjects close to your own homeland. I think this album is as good as Airform - Flourishing Zone 2015 Mystic Sound Records, and a bit better than Translippers - Herbalism 2015 Microcosmos Records, sorry, Mr.Translippers. There is more dynamic in this album.

Russia is full of new stars, do you think it is a very good thing? I hope psybient is not like ballet or gymnastics, it  would be so much nicer if boys from other nations can catch up! thank you all!

I certainly would love to see more girl psybient musicans, but I don't think it is a big deal for me now, working out a nice beat takes so much error and trials, I would prefer save that huge amount of time growing more useful plants, (or feeding some chickens if I can). :)

And thank you for putting up with all the tedious work here, so the rest of us don't have to. :)

PS: I constantly misspell Haua's name, i know it is a name worth national pride, but please don't make the rest of us too much trouble to be proper! Thanks as well!

Gagarin

Gagarin

hippy with gadgets

• Administrators
  • 1,782 posts

interesting comparison of psybient with olympics :)

Russia is indeed big country with a pretty big amount of computers and kids can easily get Ableton from torrents.

I still think that UK and USA has stronger electronic music culture, but we will definitely make top 10 by the number of releases from each country ;)

reality is a creation of your mind

yiannis

yiannis

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • LocationGreece

Both the Sundial Aeon and especially Original Knowledge are great releases for me. Mystic Sound have had some very strong releases this year. The Koan EP sounds slightly weirder than usual to my ears, but in a very pleasing way. Overall, 2015 has been a more productive year than 2014 IMO. I wonder how much better our music can get.  :wub: 

schofield

schofield

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

That week felt like a slow week for me.  Not that I am complaining, I wish there were more of them.  I already buy too much music to be good for me.  ;)

Maybe it's more me than the music.

That said, Man Of No Ego - Blinkers Removed looks and sounds interesting.  Will have to listen to it a bit more.

Lorn

Lorn

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

My votes go to the Haua albums. I really enjoyed the sounds and have them worked in to some future mixes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users