psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy

Yesterday i played with "Native Instruments Maschine" and i have to tell you that it was awesome experience, you can do so much without touching a mouse and no looking at screen !

Maschine software looks similar to Ableton and inside it you can do complete songs. 

is looks like very good alternative to Akai MPC / Akai MPD and might even replace Drum Rack from Ableton. It is very intuitive, solidly build and powerful, LED lights are amazing.

- What are your thoughts about this tool ?

- Have you used it as a VST in Ableton ? What is the inconvenience.

the main concurrent is probably the Ableton PUSH 1 and Push 2. But those are mon controllers then all in one solutiions. However it might be more important to stay inside the Ableton as much as possible and not do music inside a VST. 

is not standalone, but you can really have your laptop closed.

as fully standalone, i think Akai MPC are pretty powerful tools for playing live (more dedicated to Beats of course)

p.s. 

we had a session a JAM session with a friend today, he has Korg Electribe, nice tool ! Good samples, and many possibilities to play.

you could write a whole track on maschine?

or is more like a good ideas generator, after which you switch to a daw to finish off?

some people can finish track in AKAI MPC, however most of the people still prefer to transfer to DAW to add more elements.

from what i see Maschine have everything (mixer, master channel, compressors + possibility to use external plugins) so there is no reason why you can't finalise track in Maschine, however i think most of advanced producers will still use a DAW to make final edits.

p.s. Maschine is working as standalone software or as VST inside any DAW.

My friend who produce dub techno music once told me about Maschine, one day I got it and still using it. I am treating original software as DAW to produce tracks (still not good quality, but I am begginer) and I am preparing loop based mid-tempo live act for nearest festivals in Poland (in fact I already done one is 90 bpm, but I did lots of mistakes in it. Now I prepare second one, better in 110 bpm tempo). And I really enjoy the controller :)