psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy

Hello psybient musicmakers! :)

I decided to share with you some simple tips that help you make your music sounds better.
So let's go!
Clean mud on every channel of your track, just keep in mind that in most of cases only kick and bass needs low frequencies, while on other instruments you can cut lows till 80-300 hz, depends of exact instrument/sound. I recommend you to check Tokyo Dawn Records Nova and VOS SlickEQ filters, it sounds great and musically for me.

And if you make music but you are not happy with your sound, I can help you!;)  https://www.facebook.com/astropilotstudio/

Astropilot Mastering Studio Tips #2!
Clean reverbs and delays tails! It's best and easy way to have wide and detailed space in your mix.
Just set-up few sends with needed reverbs and delay (usually I use in mixes hall reverb, plate reverb, room reverb, short mono-delay, long stereo-delay and dub-delay) and place a filter after it. Cut unnecessary lows, low mids and highs. 
Remember most important information of reverbs/delays is in mids! 
And don't forget to check the result before and after edits.

Astropilot Mastering Studio Tips #3!

Do you wanna be ready for results after mastering of your track? Probably you know that after compression, maximizer the balance of you track could be changed. To avoid this you can some standard maximer of your DAW or L2 from Waves. Just put on master channel with 2-3 db gain reduction while you do mixing. And don't forget to switch off it then you will render the track.