Photo

news - 2016 - W25 (June 13 - 19) - release of the week poll

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: 2016 - W25 (June 13 - 19) - release of the week poll (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Which release(s) would you like to highlight this week?

1. Ashnaia Project & Stellar - Voices Of The Soul Vol. 2 [ Self Released ] (2 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

2. B. Smiley - Hydrophonic Funktions [ Late Night Sneakin Records ] (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Desiseq - Soliloquies In The Paradoxic [ Self Released ] (1 votes [3.12%])

Percentage of vote: 3.12%

4. Eguana & Treantum - Awakening Sun [ Plexus Music ] (1 votes [3.12%])

5. Faastwalker - Geometrics [ Kahvi Collective ] (1 votes [3.12%])

6. Flooting Grooves - Free Flootamate [ Blue Hour Sounds ] (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Kick Bong & Unhappiness - Slowly [ Cosmicleaf Records ] (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Logical Elements - Hidden Realm [ Blue Tunes Chillout ] (1 votes [3.12%])

9. Macaw - AmaSonic [ Kupuri Music ] (2 votes [6.25%])

10. Max Million - Monogramma [ Audiomodern ] (4 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

11. Michael Pastika - The End [ Plexus Music ] (1 votes [3.12%])

12. Mind.Divided - Hello Starlight [ Self Released ] (1 votes [3.12%])

13. Mindex - ReFocused [ Merkaba Music ] (3 votes [9.38%])

Percentage of vote: 9.38%

14. Mudra - Divinorum [ Muti Music ] (0 votes [0.00%])

15. Nicolas Dominique - Expedition [ Self Released ] (1 votes [3.12%])

16. Psychoz - Sapphire [ GreenTree Records ] (0 votes [0.00%])

17. Scann-Tec - Unyt [ Ultimae Records ] (5 votes [15.62%])

Percentage of vote: 15.62%

18. School Of Crystal Healing - Lightworkers Delight [ Troll N' Roll Records ] (2 votes [6.25%])

19. Suns Of Arqa - Wadada [ Arqa Sound ] (0 votes [0.00%])

20. Tara Putra vs Psychoz - Shanti [ Backflip Records ] (0 votes [0.00%])

21. TonyModi - Dirty Lust [ Cosmicleaf Records ] (0 votes [0.00%])

22. Unnamed For - Elle [ MNMN Records ] (0 votes [0.00%])

23. Various Artists - Bakelite 002 [ Bakelite ] (0 votes [0.00%])

24. Various Artists - Kind Vibrations Vol. 2 [ Section Records ] (2 votes [6.25%])

25. Various Artists - Panta Deus II [ Psytrance.pl ] (1 votes [3.12%])

26. Whitebear - Dialectics EP [ Shanti Planti ] (4 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

snowdrop

snowdrop

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

news-2016-25.jpg

Greetings, friends! Your friendly poll pixie here, delivering this week's selection of auditory delights compiled by timeisart and Gagarin for your consideration :D

I invite you to discuss and highlight the music releases that have been announced this week in psybient.org news. You are very welcome to vote for your favourite, most 'interesting' album(s) and/or share your impressions and thoughts on the music.

To encourage more participants in the weekly forum, we decided to gift participants music from our label partners! To participate  in the 'giveaway':
- make a vote
- write a small comment about your choice

Embedded players for each release are under the spoiler - click 'show' below to display them. For previews of non-Bandcamp releases, click on the album artwork.

Spoiler

Results for last week (these are the results after one week of voting - you can still vote and comment on this selection - click here!):

1st:
Seamoon - Crystal Language [ Merkaba Music ]

2nd:
Various Artists - Cosmik Chill Green [ Electrik Dream ]

3rd:
Dub Trees - Celtic Vedic [ Liquid Sound Design ]

Erothyme - Feel Trip [ Self Released ]

NOYA Project - Insight [ Self Released ]

To see all releases of 2016 so far, visit the Releases Table here!

Big love _/\_

Edit: this week's results are available here :)

Edited by timeisart, 25 July 2016 - 12:50 AM.
found a bandcamp link for School Of Crystal Healing, and changed Whitebear from Self Released to Shanti Planti

• mannybakshi likes this

timeisart

timeisart

Release Tracker

• Psybient.org team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Scann-Tec gets my top vote this week, this is a great album and an improvement over his previous Facial Memories album imo.

Max Million is also very good, kind of reminds me of some of Woob's latest work at times. I just wish he released this through bandcamp too, but here's a youtube link to the full EP:

Whitebear is consistently good and heavy, wonder why this wasn't released through Shanti Planti though.

Macaw isn't bad for a debut EP, maybe a little too proggy sometimes though.

• yiannis likes this
Posted Image

yiannis

yiannis

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationGreece

Apparently there's a whole new Flooting Grooves album out, Monosodium Flootamate out just today> Having a quick check as I'm typing this.

timeisart

timeisart

Release Tracker

• Psybient.org team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

yeah that's why I listed that Flooting Grooves single, in anticipation of this album which will be on next week's poll. The single probably shouldn't belong here though since it's essentially psytrance, and the album is also mostly psytrance except for a couple of psybient tracks. I was hoping for an all psybient album like Antimony or Upsyde Downe.

Posted Image

yiannis

yiannis

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationGreece

I'm not a psytrance expert but aren't those tunes a bit too free form to fall under that category? They're not too far removed from chillgressive IMO. I must admit that I only started giving that subgenre a chance very recently so pardon my ignorance.

timeisart

timeisart

Release Tracker

• Psybient.org team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

You're right it's not quite psytrance, I guess you could call it chillgressive so it qualifies to be here. That genre kind of muddies the waters sometimes, it can be hard to tell where the line falls between chillgressive and actual progressive trance/psytrance. Personally if I'm in the mood to listen to uptempo music I'll stick with the trusty old school goa trance.

• yiannis likes this
Posted Image

yiannis

yiannis

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationGreece

Personally if I'm in the mood to listen to uptempo music I'll stick with the trusty old school goa trance.

Amen to that! I've been in and out of an old school goa phase these past few months. When I heard that distinctive trancey bass line often present in chillgressive I used to instantly roll my eyes until a few months ago. Even though it's not my number one choice when it comes to downtempo, I at least give it a chance these days.

Was there ever a proper goa trance scene (i.e. parties with more than a group of friends) where you live/lived? There isn't much information on this online.

YuriNondual

YuriNondual

Awaken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

That Mindex is really good. Purchased it with pleasure

timeisart

timeisart

Release Tracker

• Psybient.org team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
Was there ever a proper goa trance scene (i.e. parties with more than a group of friends) where you live/lived? There isn't much information on this online.

There's a psytrance label in my area that puts on an annual festival but frankly most psytrance doesn't really do it for me, I need that special goa touch. But sadly other than the couple of Hallucinogen sets I've seen, I've still yet to go to an actual goa event, I guess there's just not much demand for it here on the east coast of USA. If there are events going on then it must be really hard to find info online about them like you said.

That Mindex is really good. Purchased it with pleasure

Thanks for the tip Yuri, I didn't check it out till you said that but I'm liking it.

Just listened to School Of Crystal Healing, this is super chill and Ishq-like.

Posted Image

schofield

schofield

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Just had to make my mind up between Mindex and Whitebear.  Whitebear came out on top and gets my vote for this week.

I like Mindex, great sonic artist and sound designer.  This time, his music was perhaps a little too abrasive for me.  Still have to decide whether to buy this album tho.  Am planning on picking up a few Merkaba releases next week (27/6) when Kalya Scintilla's latest EP is listed there.

I do love the midtempo (~100 BPM) Whitebear stuff.  Awesome psychedelic tunage!  And a little easier to listen to than Mindex this week.   ;)

Whitebear is consistently good and heavy, wonder why this wasn't released through Shanti Planti though.

Actually, it released through Shanti Planti.  It's just not on the Shanti Planti bandcamp page.  But it is listed on Addictech: http://www.addictech.com/p/211305

Edit: I haven't listened to the Scann-Tec album yet from Ultimae.  But I will.  And I'm sure it will also be ace.  Sounds delicate from my first cursory auditory glance.

timeisart

timeisart

Release Tracker

• Psybient.org team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Ah I see, thanks. I just assumed it was self released since it wasn't on Shanti Planti's bandcamp page. I'll update the listing.

Posted Image

Gagarin

Gagarin

hippy with gadgets

• Administrators
  • 1,736 posts

wow, strong week, i enjoyed so far Max Million, Scann-Tec.

Flooring grooves will be next in the playlist.

reality is a creation of your mind

Geoglyph

Geoglyph

Illuminated

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Mindex gets my vote this week. Can't wait to listen to the Flooting Grooves in full though.

yiannis

yiannis

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationGreece

Having a listen to Max Million's EP, it's really good. Fits the autumn-like weather perfectly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users