• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Johnny Mandrake

Johnny Mandrake

Awaken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Anybody into it? Tablets are extremely creative devices in my opinion, there are even people who create whole track on this futuristic things. I am not one of them, I am using mine to create samples, loops, complex pads etc. In my work I  also travel really a lot, using laptop on airports is not comfortable thing, ipad is really perfect for that purpose. I am not loosing my time, I can spend it creative :)

And finally my favorites with short description:

1. Sunrizer. It got really nice sounds and brilliant, fully programable arpeggiator for really nice, complex loops. It comes also as a vst, but I don't own computer version.

2. Photophore. Really perfect for organic drones, one of my favourites. 

3. Animoog. Expencive, but really awesome sample mashine, can create tons of fx sounds.

4. iDensity. Really nice for creating complex constantly evolving pads. Good to work with the samples produced in other apps + field recordings (but I lost my external Tascam mic for ipad :()

5. Borderlands Granural. Also great granular app, I really like to work with vocal samples to create singing clouds, wich I used in my last live act.

6. Model 15. Original Model 15 costs 10,000 euro ;) this one 30 euro. I know, it's not the same, but it's good intro for "how to connect this bloody cables". It's not easy...

7. Mersenne. I bought it yesterday, looks good, sounds good, it got really nice arps. Future samples coming ;)

Anybody use something? Please, share your experiences :)

=ҒLΦɎD=

=ҒLΦɎD=

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

lookz very coo!! but, i dunno, i think i would miss the feeling of touching actual knobs, faders and so on :)

but this probably will become the future of music production

on the other hand, knobs and faders will always be there i think.

Johnny Mandrake

Johnny Mandrake

Awaken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts
thats why I am only use it to produce samples and loops, I'd rather prefer to play it live after. But anyway, take a look what somebody invented:

https://youtu.be/gA8C9VwgAMk

:D

andorra

andorra

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Nice list of software. I've noticed also earlier that there's plenty of music software available for iPad and some look very interesting.

Probably should get one (used with cheap price..) some day to play around :)

Johnny Mandrake

Johnny Mandrake

Awaken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts
there is also good guy Igor Vasiliev, developer of two outstanding apps SoundScaper and FieldScaper. both of them can be poweful programs for live playing, something very different than Ableton, something very very creative. take a look:

Gagarin

Gagarin

hippy with gadgets

• Administrators
  • 1,610 posts

i used some music apps on ipad and i think is very interesting interface and device.

just got new ipad air 2, so will have chance to try it as both backup DJ mix device and as a controller to Ableton (considering between touchable and lemur applications).

• Johnny Mandrake likes this

reality is a creation of your mind

Johnny Mandrake

Johnny Mandrake

Awaken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

try Lemur with Reaktor, it's awesome.

neil (spatialize)

neil (spatialize)

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Can anyone recommend something for iphone? 

Johnny Mandrake

Johnny Mandrake

Awaken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

it depends what you are looking for ;)

iDensity, Model 15 and Fieldscaper can work on Iphone. I think you should check Xenon (works both on tablet and phone), you can create full tracks in this app and it's not very expencive (I think 3,99 euro):

neil (spatialize)

neil (spatialize)

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

basically looking for the ability to make unusual ambient sounds and bounce them into audio on an iphone.

maybe synth sequences too.

Johnny Mandrake

Johnny Mandrake

Awaken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts
so iDensity and Fieldscaper. you can use prerecorded samples or record them live via phone mic. I like Fieldscaper, but iDensity is better in my opinion.

Johnny Mandrake

Johnny Mandrake

Awaken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

it's for live mixing of different application, i didn't test it but it looks very creative.

edit: it's damn expencive, 18,99 euro. so maybe some day... ;)

Johnny Mandrake

Johnny Mandrake

Awaken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

I really don't know why I forgot to put Soundscaper at the list in the first post. Igor Vasiliev posted preview from the 1.8 version wich looks pretty cool:

Johnny Mandrake

Johnny Mandrake

Awaken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

this might be useful for Apple users:

https://www.youtube....xdw&app=desktop

it's also easy to send usb midi comunicates to ipad for fully control in DAW

Johnny Mandrake

Johnny Mandrake

Awaken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

yep, it works

Johnny Mandrake

Johnny Mandrake

Awaken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts
Two very creative modular applications:

SunVox, easy in modules connectig, it is in fact a mobile workstation that can be run on very large amount of devices. It real fun to create tracks in it! CPU likes it :)

Audulus 3, more complex in modules connecting, it's more similar to real modular synths so you need to have some experience. CPU does not like, but anyway, it's pretty awesome.

neil (spatialize)

neil (spatialize)

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Johnny j got iDensity for the iPhone after your recommendation. It's just what I was looking for. Thanks.
  • Johnny Mandrake likes this

Johnny Mandrake

Johnny Mandrake

Awaken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

glad to hear that! :)

neil (spatialize)

neil (spatialize)

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Does anyone know anytjing equivalent to the Akai synth station ? That was designed for iPhone but has the old 30 pin connector and not the Lightning connector ..

Johnny Mandrake

Johnny Mandrake

Awaken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

i've never seen any alternative to this device :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users