Photo

news - 2016 - W37 (September 5-11) - release of the week poll

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: 2016 - W37 (September 5-11) - release of the week poll (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Which release(s) would you like to highlight this week?

1. Argyria - Baarish Ke Baad [Mystic Sound Records] {Psybient} (2 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

2. Astral Travel Agency - Digital Spirits [Self Released] {Psybient} (1 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

3. Bricksquash - Bricksquash Mafia [Self Released] {Bass} (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Cosmic Touch - Cryptic Realms [Self Released] {Bass} (1 votes [5.56%])

5. Darshan Atmosphere - Mantra [Masala Records] {Ambient} (0 votes [0.00%])

6. D-Echo Project - Unity In Diversity Vol. 2 [Cyan Music] {Psydub} (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Dislocations - Dislocated Communication [Chaitra Records] {Psybient} (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Drumspyder - The Mother Rune [Self Released] {Bass} (2 votes [11.11%])

9. Dubnotic - Sonic Geometry EP [Visionary Shamanics Records] {Psydub} (1 votes [5.56%])

10. Duncan Mep - Lost Files [Mellow Sonic Sound System] {Psybient} (0 votes [0.00%])

11. Erothyme - Feel Recording [Self Released] {Psybient} (1 votes [5.56%])

12. Eurythmy - Nature Of Mind [Shanti Planti] {Bass} (1 votes [5.56%])

13. Foldplop - Presence [Self Released] {Psydub} (0 votes [0.00%])

14. Fluxsense - Code Of Life [Self Released] {Psybient} (1 votes [5.56%])

15. Gaddy - Heavyweight Hitters [Adapted Records] {Bass} (1 votes [5.56%])

16. Hmmka - At The End Of The Circle [Multifrequency Records] {Psybient} (1 votes [5.56%])

17. Koan - Not Destined [Blue Tunes Chillout] {Psybient} (0 votes [0.00%])

18. LFK Kirill - Valley Of Fatimatu [Kissthesound Records] {Psybient} (0 votes [0.00%])

19. Mataora - Nag Champa [Self Released] {Ambient} (0 votes [0.00%])

20. Mystical Sun - Music For Supernovas [Self Released] {Ambient} (0 votes [0.00%])

21. Offland - Drone Variations Vol. III [Self Released] {Ambient} (0 votes [0.00%])

22. Psychoz - Under The Golden Oak [Subbass] {Psybient} (0 votes [0.00%])

23. Record Needle Injection - Weird Foods [Kissthesound Records] {Psybient} (0 votes [0.00%])

24. Sacral Crown - Isolation EP [Self Released] {Psybient} (0 votes [0.00%])

25. Step High - Celestial Colors [Altar Records] {Psydub} (2 votes [11.11%])

26. Tatsava - Moonlight, City Lights..! [Self Released] {Psybient} (1 votes [5.56%])

27. Various Artists - Dub Warriors Vol. 3 - The Versatile Vanguard [Triple Drop Productions] {Bass} (1 votes [5.56%])

28. Various Artists - Society Of Inner Light [Liquid Sound Design] {Psydub} (2 votes [11.11%])

29. Various Artists - Soundgarden Vol. 1 [Infinity-Tunes Records] {Psybient} (0 votes [0.00%])

30. wAgAwAgA - Tasmagoria [Self Released] {Psybient} (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

timeisart

timeisart

Release Tracker

• Psybient.org team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

news-2016-37.jpg

Hi guys,

I invite you to discuss and highlight the music releases that have been announced this week in psybient.org news. You are very welcome to vote for your favourite, most 'interesting' album(s) and/or share your impressions and thoughts on the music.

Embedded players for each release are under the spoiler - click 'show' below to display them. For previews of non-Bandcamp releases, click on the link.

Spoiler

Results for last week (these are the results after one week of voting - you can still vote and comment on this selection - click here!):

Spoiler

2016banner.jpg

Posted Image

yiannis

yiannis

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • LocationGreece

The Step High album is good, cheerful psydub. The Astral Travel Agency EP is right up my alley. Had a listen to the Mystical Sun tune available on Bandcamp and it was too spacey ambient for me. It needs the right mind space to be appreciated. Society of Inner Light sounds really good and varied. I'll have a listen to the Drumspyder album soonish - hopefully -  and I'll probably listen to the Koan album when they upload it to YouTube.

timeisart

timeisart

Release Tracker

• Psybient.org team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

The Step High album is good, cheerful psydub.

Yeah this album should've been on last week's list since it has an official release date of September 1st but for a while it had an October release date so I wasn't expecting the switch. Good stuff though as is usually the case with Altar releases.

Erothyme and Eurythmy are also expectedly enjoyable, and the Tatsava album is some nice psybient as well.

Argyria has some good tracks but switches from ethnic psybient to chillgressive a little too much to be consistent.

Drumspyder's didn't immediately grab me as much as his others, feels a little too far into ethnic/gypsy land at times but still good overall.
Posted Image

schofield

schofield

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

I like the ethnic/gypsy land-ish-ness of Drumspyder's album.  Listened to it a few times and really enjoy it.  Get's my vote, and I'm sure it will also get nine US dollars from me as well.

Also happy to hear new stuff from Erothyme and Eurythmy - but haven't really managed proper listens yet.

Gagarin

Gagarin

hippy with gadgets

• Administrators
  • 1,730 posts

not in the mood to listen this days, but these one attracted my attention - Dubnotic, Erothyme, Eurythmy, Step High :)

reality is a creation of your mind

Zoran Zlatkovski

Zoran Zlatkovski

New community member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Argyria has some good tracks but switches from ethnic psybient to chillgressive a little too much to be consistent.

Hi, thank you for listening, yes the 2nd and 3rd track are more chillgressive, but the rest of the album is all ethnic psybient and ethnic psychill, only these 2 are exception.
It was a Mystic Sound Rec. decision to add those tracks to the album.

Best Regards !!!

Zoran (Argyria/Psychoz)

• timeisart likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users