Photo

news - 2016 - W40 (September 26 - October 2) - release of the week poll

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: 2016 - W40 (September 26 - October 2) - release of the week poll (6 member(s) have cast votes)

Which release(s) would you like to highlight this week?

1. aAirial - Music For Sunny Days EP [Self Released] {IDM} (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Arun Mey - Viability Pt. 2 [Izhitsa Records] {Psybient} (1 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

3. Cinetiq - A Stochastic Night [Blue Tunes Chillout] {Ambient} (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Hakkah - Follow The Synchronicities [Self Released] {Psybient} (1 votes [5.88%])

5. Hedflux - Soul Science [Luminus Music] {Psybreaks} (3 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

6. Hybrid Leisureland - Grasp Artificial Language [Self Released] {Ambient} (1 votes [5.88%])

7. Insectoid Intelligence - Mesozone / Haemocoel [Self Released] {Ambient} (1 votes [5.88%])

8. Lumière d'abstraction - Turn Around (AW80D Cover) [Self Released] {Psybient} (0 votes [0.00%])

9. Maluns - Duality [Self Released] {Chillgressive} (0 votes [0.00%])

10. Master Margherita - Jam Sessions #1 [Self Released] {Psydub} (0 votes [0.00%])

11. Master Margherita - Maded With OP1 [Self Released] {Psydub} (0 votes [0.00%])

12. Master Margherita - Modular Experiments Vol. 1 [Self Released] {Ambient} (0 votes [0.00%])

13. Master Margherita - Pocket Drums [Self Released] {Psybient} (0 votes [0.00%])

14. Master Margherita - Upcycling #1 [Self Released] {Psydub} (0 votes [0.00%])

15. Pericles - Galactic Brontosaurus [Ascended Jester] {Bass} (0 votes [0.00%])

16. Sea Of Psilocybin - Bio Tonic [Self Released] {Psybient} (0 votes [0.00%])

17. Sea Of Psilocybin - Dub Dreams In Sea Sky [Self Released] {Psydub} (0 votes [0.00%])

18. Soulular - Moments In Time Vol. 2 [Self Released] {Bass} (1 votes [5.88%])

19. Templo - Threshold EP [Self Released] {Bass} (1 votes [5.88%])

20. The Bhaktas - Modified [Altar Records] {Psybient} (0 votes [0.00%])

21. Tribone - Feeling The Gap [Shanti Planti] {Bass} (3 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

22. Tycho - Epoch [Self Released] {IDM} (0 votes [0.00%])

23. Various Artists - Aeravibes #2 [Aera Music] {Psybient} (0 votes [0.00%])

24. Various Artists - Colours [Astropilot Music] {Chillgressive} (4 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

25. Various Artists - Fifthteen Memories [Cyan Music] {Dub Techno} (0 votes [0.00%])

26. Various Artists - From Here To Tranquility - Volume 7 (The Renaissance Continues) [Silent Records] {Psybient} (1 votes [5.88%])

27. WooDMooD - Stonedweller [Self Released] {Bass} (0 votes [0.00%])

28. Zazen - Dark Frequencies [Self Released] {Bass} (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

timeisart

timeisart

Release Tracker

• Psybient.org team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

news-2016-40-300x300.jpg

Hi guys,

I invite you to discuss and highlight the music releases that have been announced this week in psybient.org news. You are very welcome to vote for your favourite, most 'interesting' album(s) and/or share your impressions and thoughts on the music.

Embedded players for each release are under the spoiler - click 'show' below to display them. For previews of non-Bandcamp releases, click on the link.

Spoiler

Results for last week (these are the results after one week of voting - you can still vote and comment on this selection - click here!):

Spoiler

2016banner.jpg

Posted Image

=ҒLΦɎD=

=ҒLΦɎD=

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
Hedflux - Soul Science = OK for sure the best release this week for me!
Hybrid Leisureland - Grasp artificial language = Realy like his stuff, but need to check this one out to be honest :)
Soulular - Moment in time Vol. 2 = Yet another captivating groovy release by Soulular!
Templo - Treshold EP = Bass is maybe a bit heavy but i like his style :)
Tribone - Feeling the Gap = well yeah, i have to like this one, but it's not right up there with his other releases.

=ҒLΦɎD=

=ҒLΦɎD=

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

hm damn i completely missed out on that Astropilot V.A. :)
this is gold boys and girls!

timeisart

timeisart

Release Tracker

• Psybient.org team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Hedflux also gets my top vote this week. decided to call this psybreaks although it's somewhere between that, psydub and psybient. good stuff though.

Arun Mey - Sorrow is a great track, but the rest of the album doesn't really live up to that track imo.

Hakkah is pretty good, just found this artist from the Ektoplazm post of this album but decided to link to his bandcamp instead.

way too many Master Margherita releases this week, and none of them seem to live up to his great previous albums like The Marginal Rules or Hippies With Gadgets.

VA - Colours has lots of big names in psybient but since chillgressive isn't my favorite I'll have to take my time with this release. looking forward to what the new Astropilot Music label brings to the table in the future though.

Posted Image

arakoon

arakoon

Awaken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

when i was listening to IDM, aAirial was the great french project with atmospheric and modern classical sound, i used some of their tracks in my mixes

as well as Saycet, they are french too

andorra

andorra

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

So much new music again that I haven't had any time to listen to any of these yet  :blink:

timeisart

timeisart

Release Tracker

• Psybient.org team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

So much new music again that I haven't had any time to listen to any of these yet :blink:

Yes it can be overwhelming sometimes. These polls are an attempt to separate the wheat from the chaff so to say and find the good stuff, but in the end it all comes down to individual taste.

Check out the weekly news posts at psybient.org to see star ratings for these releases that will show a more nuanced view of what listeners think of these releases.
Posted Image

schofield

schofield

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Yeah, I loved Hedflux's album too.  Was not expecting it to be an entirely downtempo affair, so very happy.  I do like his psy-breaks stuff as well, tho.

Agree with Timeisart's comment about Master Margherita - nothing recent has come close to his earlier albums.  I really liked those albums and would like to hear more in that vein.

I'm still making my mind up about Tribone's EP.

Geoglyph

Geoglyph

Illuminated

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Tribone is the clear winner for me. Not sure about the Hedflux...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users