Photo

news - 2016 - W47 (November 14-20) - release of the week poll

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: 2016 - W47 (November 14-20) - release of the week poll (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Which release(s) would you like to highlight this week?

1. Arun Mey - Viability [Self Released] {Psybient} (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Baodub - Pressure Discharge EP [Pistolero Recordings] {Psydub} (0 votes [0.00%])

3. Buhlu - Out Of The Buhlu [Danktronics] {Bass} (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Cosmic Touch - Kaleidoscope [Blue Tunes Chillout] {Bass} (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Darshan Atmosphere - Trinity [BoA Beats ReChords] {Ambient} (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Dense & Fourth Dimension - Mindcycles Vol. 5 [Cosmicleaf Records] {Psybient} (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Digitalis - Collected Vinyl Breaks [Tribal Shift Records] {Psybreaks} (1 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

8. Eluvial - Blue Drift [Spiritech] {Psybient} (0 votes [0.00%])

9. Jackin' Brothers - All My Days [Astropilot Music] {Psybreaks} (1 votes [8.33%])

10. Kozmo & Provider - Cascadia [Chillage Records] {Bass} (0 votes [0.00%])

11. Liquid Bloom & Numatik - Stand With Us To Bless The Waters (Remixes) [Desert Trax] {Psybient} (2 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

12. Marka - Broken Slate [SmallPrint Recordings] {Downtempo} (1 votes [8.33%])

13. Mose Robert - Flowing [Desert Trax] {Downtempo} (0 votes [0.00%])

14. Ocelot - Harmony [Avatar Records] {Psybient} (4 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

15. Orphic - Purple [Swamp Music] {Bass} (0 votes [0.00%])

16. PsycloScope - Water Code [Self Released] {Bass} (1 votes [8.33%])

17. Re:Set - Clouds EP [Self Released] {Bass} (0 votes [0.00%])

18. Salvinorin - Flow EP [Cymatic Lab Records] {Psybient} (0 votes [0.00%])

19. Soohan - Bakhshi EP [Self Released] {Bass} (0 votes [0.00%])

20. StrangeZero - Rapidly Unexpected EP [Self Released] {Psybient} (0 votes [0.00%])

21. Sub.Conscious - Catalyst [Shanti Planti] {Bass} (1 votes [8.33%])

22. Suns Of Arqa - 23,789 Day Excursion To Planet Earth [Arqa Sound] {Psydub} (0 votes [0.00%])

23. The Bhaktas - Manipulated [Altar Records] {Psybient} (0 votes [0.00%])

24. The Gnome - Thinking [Crime League] {Ambient} (1 votes [8.33%])

25. Vinze Is Dead - Corse1993' [Kahvi Collective] {IDM} (0 votes [0.00%])

26. Yaima - OvO [Self Released] {Psybient} (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

timeisart

timeisart

Release Tracker

• Psybient.org team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

news-2016-47-300x300.jpg

Hi guys,

I invite you to discuss and highlight the music releases that have been announced this week in psybient.org news. You are very welcome to vote for your favourite, most 'interesting' album(s) and/or share your impressions and thoughts on the music.

Embedded players for each release are under the spoiler - click 'show' below to display them. For previews of non-Bandcamp releases, click on the link.

Spoiler

Results for last week (these are the results after one week of voting - you can still vote and comment on this selection - click here!):

Spoiler

2016banner.jpg

Posted Image

arakoon

arakoon

Awaken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

there are 2 releases from Desert Trax records on this week

Liquid Bloom & Numatik - well I like one track from this release

Mose Robert - Flowing - is label trying to do more commercial sound? the style is something like minimal tech and tribal house

timeisart

timeisart

Release Tracker

• Psybient.org team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

there are 2 releases from Desert Trax records on this week

Liquid Bloom & Numatik - well I like one track from this release

Mose Robert - Flowing - is label trying to do more commercial sound? the style is something like minimal tech and tribal house

not sure what they're going for with that Mose Robert release, that house style is not my cup of tea at all. I only listed it because it's on Desert Dwellers' label, but even DD themselves aren't turning out as good of stuff nowadays as their Downtemple Dub series was imo.

• Gagarin likes this
Posted Image

timeisart

timeisart

Release Tracker

• Psybient.org team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

it's great to see a new chill album from Ocelot.. his "One" album from 2009 is one of my favorites. this new one's sounding good but maybe not as good as One.

that Jackin' Brothers release is unique and refreshing stuff, anything that Spectrum Vision is a part of is high quality.

PsycloScope is pretty good chill psybass, and I know it says it released in Feb 2015 but this was just added to bandcamp a couple days ago so I'm treating it as a new release.

some big names on The Bhaktas remix album including Ultimae legends Solar Fields & Cell

Posted Image

Gagarin

Gagarin

hippy with gadgets

• Administrators
  • 1,730 posts

have a look at Salvinorin - Flow EP [Cymatic Lab Records] {Psybient} as it is usually a good stuff ;)

reality is a creation of your mind

=ҒLΦɎD=

=ҒLΦɎD=

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

The Gnome - Thinking: Does exactly what it says, makes you ponder on things, just like that gnome on the cover :)

Digitalis - Collected Vinyl Breaks: Well, didn't know Seb was into breaks some years ago! loved breaks myself back in the days.

Liquid Bloom & Numatik - Stand With Us To Bless The Waters (Remixes): Yup love a few songs on this and it's a fundraiser, so....

timeisart

timeisart

Release Tracker

• Psybient.org team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

The Gnome - Thinking

I hadn't listened to this release before listing it, I just assumed it was similar to the psydub style of his Gnomes Of Kush project so that's what I listed it as. After hearing it though I see why he chose this different alias because it's a completely different sound from his Gnomes Of Kush project, and so I changed its genre to ambient. Also I'm just now finding out about this Crime League label (thanks to Trala Lama for posting that in the now listening thread).

Posted Image

=ҒLΦɎD=

=ҒLΦɎD=

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

absolutely, that new one by the gnome is something really different, and that's why i like it.

next to his psydub, this project of him i like :)

yes, had to check out that 'Crime League Label' myself. it's full of that darkish ambient :)

timeisart

timeisart

Release Tracker

• Psybient.org team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

forgot to mention that Merkaba - Divine Mother Tree Remixes came out this past week but I didn't list it considering it is too uptempo.

also the 2016 release table just reached 1,091 releases which surpasses 2015's record of 1,080 listed releases, and with more than a month of 2016 remaining, we might break 1,200 this year.

Posted Image

=ҒLΦɎD=

=ҒLΦɎD=

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

also the 2016 release table just reached 1,091 releases which surpasses 2015's record of 1,080 listed releases, and with more than a month of 2016 remaining, we might break 1,200 this year.

what! thats amazing :)
so much new music every year.... one can ask questions about that like is that too much (getting off topic here, i know)?

timeisart

timeisart

Release Tracker

• Psybient.org team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

what! thats amazing :)
so much new music every year.... one can ask questions about that like is that too much (getting off topic here, i know)?

well keep in mind that's a combination of different genres, here's the actual breakdown:

Ambient - 166

Bass - 264

Chillgressive - 50

Downtempo - 63

Dub Techno - 11

IDM - 38

Psybient - 408

Psybreaks - 11

Psydub - 80

_____________+

Total = 1,091

So something like 400 psybient releases might be too much for one person to listen to but I think it's encouraging to see many artists keeping the psychedelic spirit alive.. it's not like there's a lot of money to be made making downtempo psy so the majority of these were made out of love for the art. In fact one could argue that we're going through a kind of digital renaissance 2.0 right now.

• yiannis likes this
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users