• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

scorchio

scorchio

New community member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

They are not really for music production, but I can wholeheartedly recommend Bose headphones (I know they're really pricey though). I work as a software developer and my QC25's noise cancellation gives a really good isolation for focusing on my work.

Earlier I've been into AKG, but for practically every single model I've tried, it broke really easily, as it wouldn't be a good fit for my head... :D

andorra

andorra

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

I'm thinking to move mostly to use headphones in my production since I found the acoustics in my flat impossible for production... Still going to use monitors to check the sound and when playing around. They should be something I can wear for hours. I have Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 usb-soundcard so I don't think I'll have to get another amplifier just for headphones...

So the question is which open headphones would you recommend? I'm thinking Sennheiser 650HD and going to test some Beyerdynamics from the same price range but so far I'm thinking the Sennheisers... I already have ATH m50x for DJ'ing and production (they are good for production with low end) so I'm looking something to go together with those.

Thanks! :)

Mønsterhed

Mønsterhed

Awaken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

I've heard a lot of good things about both the Sennheiser's and Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro. If you have the cash I'd probably get the Sennheiser's if I were you :) However, them being 1.5 times more expensive is definitely a factor also.

neil (spatialize)

neil (spatialize)

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Find the DDT 900 aren't very "live" sounding. Be nice to have something with s little more phizz

neil (spatialize)

neil (spatialize)

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Find the DDT 900 aren't very "live" sounding. Be nice to have something with s little more phizz
  • neil (spatialize) likes this

andorra

andorra

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

I got the Sennheiser HD 650's and I'm pretty amazed how good they are! Finally I can actually hear even the most tiny changes when producing! This must be some kind of game changer for me... :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users