7 replies to this topic

tuculuxu

tuculuxu

Awaken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Hey,

What kind of equipment do you have (I'm not talking about headphones since there's another topic)?

Would you have any recommendations?

I considered buying this, but it's a little too expensive ...

Gagarin

Gagarin

hippy with gadgets

• Administrators
  • 1,553 posts

Hey

i use KRK Rockit 6 generation 2, and i like them a lot as DJ / home listening speakers. Very powerful and accurate sound. 

To alternative, I have another pair of "mission" hi-fi speakers which sound very different : less precise, but i also like how they sound.

reality is a creation of your mind

schofield

schofield

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

I've got the Rockit 6's as well, but the 3rd generation.  Love them!

Big enough sound that I can move them into the bigger area of our house and they still sound great (when the rest of the family are away for a night or two - which isn't often).

tuculuxu

tuculuxu

Awaken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Great, you seem to agree, I'll take a look!

Gagarin

Gagarin

hippy with gadgets

• Administrators
  • 1,553 posts

If you have possibility try to get Rockit 6 VXT. I have heard VXT 8 and they were amazing, but 8 is porobably to big for "small rooms".

reality is a creation of your mind

Mønsterhed

Mønsterhed

Awaken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

I'm on Mackie MR5 MkII. Cheap low-end monitors but I like the sound. Isn't worth investing in expensive monitors with the room I'm in. The accoustics are shit and I dont have the space to fix it, but I'm content as it is right now :)

YuriNondual

YuriNondual

Awaken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

I am not a producer or a dj, so I don't use monitors at home. I listen on bower and wilkins VM1. It's 5.1 set, but i switch to stereo when listening to music. I run it through yamaha receiver using spdif or hdmi depending on a source. I've been looking at yamaha 5 monitors few times, but never got around buying them..
http://www.hifiengin...lkins/vm1.shtml

Trala Lama

Trala Lama

Event Officer

• Psybient.org team
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Using Altec Lansing ACS340 2.1 multimedia speakers, powerful enough for the small place I'm living in at the moment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users