psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
Tanya

Weirdly psychedelic videoclips

Hello to everybody.

Would be great to collect here some video clips which are psychedelic (ish) and bizarre at the same time. Like what was that and why? %_%

I will start with this one

Add more!

That song and video would most likely give me a bad trip if I were on acid. But it definitely is extremely weird. I quite like this one:

I don't know if this one fits the bill, but I think it's awesome nonetheless. As are all Tool videos. The song starts at about 1:47. One of my favourite Tool tracks, the lyrics are amazing and the ending is pure greatness.

^ ^ ^

The video is better than the track, though to be fair it's been edited to about half the length.

So, you like Gong tuculuxu? :) Tim Blake's use of synths and effects anticipated - if not created - psychedelic electronic music in some ways.

Hello to everybody.

Would be great to collect here some video clips which are psychedelic (ish) and bizarre at the same time. Like what was that and why? %_%

I will start with this one

Add more!

Ahahah this clip is really an answer to what was that and why?

It reminds me of this part of Down by Law by Jarmusch ;-)

And thanks Tanya, it's a great threat idea!

^ ^ ^

The video is better than the track, though to be fair it's been edited to about half the length.

So, you like Gong tuculuxu? :) Tim Blake's use of synths and effects anticipated - if not created - psychedelic electronic music in some ways.

What do you mean it's been edited? Compared to the album version? Actually, I didn't listen to their last albums!

I am not familiar with Tim Blake, I'll investigate soon :-). Not sure who invented what, but I'm sure Gong was psychedelic haha :-).

You just made me wanna listen to their discography again!

Yeah, I like them, flying teapots and gnomes and of course, particularly Camembert Electrique !

Cool! I haven't listened to all Gong albums, but I do enjoy CE, the trilogy, Shamal, Expresso II and some later tunes. Tim Blake was their synth player for the trilogy. He played in Hawkwind too for a while.

Man, I've seen the video for Come to Daddy, Aphex Twin has some rather disturbing videos for sure.

Haha, clearly, I like those disturbing videos! Especially when I like the music as well.

Ok, I didn't know Tim Blake, he apparently has some solo albums too http://www.allmusic.com/artist/tim-blake-mn0000594932

Here is a weirdly psychedelic clip by Flying Lotus - Ready err not. A clip to which Otto Dix could have contributed!

Jarmush IceCream thing is just wonderful!

Windowlicker (the first dialogue is really funny)

This is massively refreshing and extremely unusual to watch the stuff like this in we-all-know-which state of mind %)

But Flying Lotus thing is ... Could look relevant as the visual projections for some norwegian death-metal band concert ))) or along dark trance party?)))

Since disturbing is OK here goes. The music makes this even more mental. And no, I don't listen to this genre.

I love this thread! What was that ...?? Haha

And Tanya, I guess you're right for the death metal, after having posted the clip, I watched it again and thought exactly the same (about the Norwegian death-metal) :-)

I'm not sure it's psychedelic (but it's no big deal because I'm not sure what is psychedelic anyway...), but a guy called Cyriak has developed a technique that makes very very interesting patterns. Here are two video clips made by him:

Eskmo - We got more

Bonobo - Cirrus

You can check his artwork there:

http://www.cyriak.co.uk/

Try this link as well :-) http://www.cyriak.co.uk/lhc/lhc-webcams.html