24 replies to this topic

=ҒLΦɎD=

=ҒLΦɎD=

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Mønsterhed,

i believe that is related to midi protocol and it takes literally less then 5 seconds to "rescan MIDI".

it is not like you have to do it 10 times per day. for me is not a problem, but small inconvenience. 

i think that setup X1 and Z1 is probably more complete, but it is also more bulky and more expensive. And you can not use it for 3-4 decks :) Traktor equipment is not using midi by default that's why it works different and simpler, but you can not configure it as you want in this mode.

i prefer mine Xone K2 that i use with Traktor Audio 2 soundcard when i travel far, when i can i prefer much more Traktor s4 ;)

I agree with both :)

X1&Z1 = simple and easy

but

takes more space, more expensive than one Xone K2 and still just 2 track...

personally i use the X1 & Z1 setup at home and i would prefer the Xone for gigs! 

'rescan MIDI' is indeed a 5 sec job and you are set!

still looking for a plug & play 4 track solution though :)

S4 is getting old, S5 too expensive and i don't know if it will work as well with 'ggrr' yosemite :)

neil (spatialize)

neil (spatialize)

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

grrrrr  , the new prefix for yosemite  :-)

• =ҒLΦɎD= likes this

Mønsterhed

Mønsterhed

Awaken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Even though the S4 is getting old it still does the job pretty well. It does everything I'd want a controller to do with regards to 4-deck mixing, but I wouldn't want to drag it around to gigs out of country. Locally, sure, but that's about the extent I'd use it to.

I've considered two X1's for 4-deck mixing but would need an audio interface with 8 outs and they don't grow on trees if you don't want it to break the bank.

Gagarin

Gagarin

hippy with gadgets

• Administrators
  • 1,610 posts

you can find NI Audio 8 , Audio 10 second hand. In France the best site for this is => fr.audiofanzine.com

and if you play at the venue that has DJM900 Nexus - you can use it as soundcard, is easy. Just need to install drivers in advance. I used it recently, just one USB cable to connect and you are good to go.

reality is a creation of your mind

Mønsterhed

Mønsterhed

Awaken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

you can find NI Audio 8 , Audio 10 second hand. In France the best site for this is => fr.audiofanzine.com

and if you play at the venue that has DJM900 Nexus - you can use it as soundcard, is easy. Just need to install drivers in advance. I used it recently, just one USB cable to connect and you are good to go.

That's actually pretty neat. I totally forgot they could do that. I'll have to check that out next time I play with one of those :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users