• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Gagarin

Gagarin

hippy with gadgets

• Administrators
  • 1,743 posts

sharing my tips for buying chipper ;)

some of you might notice that when you buy tracks on bandcamp , they will add automatically 20-30% taxes to pay to Europe.

that was happening for me as my paypal was registered here.

i opened another paypal and transfered money there. my new paypal don't have taxes added as it is registered for canada address.

easy to do , and it saves money which i prefer to pay directly to artists.

reality is a creation of your mind

schofield

schofield

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Great idea.  

andorra

andorra

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Yeah, the VAT sucks.. I don't really understand why (and to whom) I'm paying that 24% tax on digital music.. Really makes the difference when buying several albums.

Same thing with sotfware. I noticed that Lennar Digital is giving 25% off the Sylenth1 in black Friday sales but since I'm paying the 24% VAT I'm really just getting really small slice off the normal price... :D

Btw. Do you use some friends address in Canada or do you just pick up some random address? You don't have a credit card linked to that account then (probably wants the same billing address that the card has)?

Gagarin

Gagarin

hippy with gadgets

• Administrators
  • 1,743 posts

i think i took a friends address in Canada, but no need to do any verification. And credit card is registered for an adress in France.

actually i think you can have a paypal account without a credit card, and you can just send money from your main account to the extra account (with CANADIAN address).

Alchemist

Alchemist

Awaken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Great trick, never realised you could do this! :)

Fuluf

Fuluf

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Tax evasion lol.

Mønsterhed

Mønsterhed

Awaken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Just to open this one again... Did you use your own name for the second account? I guess you'd have to because it has to match the one on the credit card, right? I'm tired of extra taxes as well. I just want to do my music shopping in peace.

Gagarin

Gagarin

hippy with gadgets

• Administrators
  • 1,743 posts

Just to open this one again... Did you use your own name for the second account? I guess you'd have to because it has to match the one on the credit card, right? I'm tired of extra taxes as well. I just want to do my music shopping in peace.

actually i dont have a second card, i just made a second paypal (registered foe a country outside of europe) and i put money from one paypal to my second paypal.

both paypals have same name i believe, but  not sure. i dont think that matter.

Mønsterhed

Mønsterhed

Awaken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Cool. And just to be sure, does it matter what kind of currency you transfer to the other account?

Gagarin

Gagarin

hippy with gadgets

• Administrators
  • 1,743 posts

Cool. And just to be sure, does it matter what kind of currency you transfer to the other account?

i don't think so, i transfer euros.

Gagarin

Gagarin

hippy with gadgets

• Administrators
  • 1,743 posts

my solution don't work anymore, with both of my accounts (france and canada) i need to pay taxes. i purchased 2 tracks from european artists today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users