4 replies to this topic

Kahawai

Kahawai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationFrance

Hello hello !

I'm considering buying a portable speaker, but can't find a predigested recommendation. Could you help ? What do you use ?

I would like one personnaly for playing at mid level in medium rooms or a close by audience outside.

I find that the bose soundlink mini II fucks up the sound with way too much lows, and I have not found anything else clean either. Maybe an old (now) bose ipod player from a friend. this one was pretty decent.

What do you think ? What speaker to consider buying in your opinion ?

schofield

schofield

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

I just recently bought myself a ue Megaboom speaker.  A couple of friends have the Boom2 speakers, which are pretty good. So I got the bigger one.

Have really had a chance to test it out properly yet, as it is going under the tree for me from Santa.  Otherwise the kids ask questions like why Santa didn't get mum and dad a present this year.

It does bluetooth or plug in via 1/4" jack.  It's handy to play music from the iPad when camping or in the park etc.

Another friend is a pool cleaner and he bought two. he puts one at either end of the pools he cleans and then gets to work, listening to music from his phone.

Gagarin

Gagarin

hippy with gadgets

• Administrators
  • 1,579 posts

i have tested many options and stopped on MINIRIGS. i like how they sound. very portable solution.

if i wanted to go for a bigger one, i would probably look into JBL, i have heard the big models and they sound LOUD.

reality is a creation of your mind

schofield

schofield

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

They look pretty good.  I like the two speakers and a sub combo - but pricey.  

scorchio

scorchio

New community member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

While I was in the US, I bought a Bose SoundLink Color. The little beast does a great job for supplying enough volume for a normal size room and I found the sound to be very good for such a portable speaker. There are only two things missing from it that would make it perfect: the ability to use it as a charger + headset capability. If you just want to use it as a speaker, it's excellent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users