psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
Gagarin Project

What are you listening now?

Annual poll should start soon hopefully.

Poll starts January 15th.

I definitely need some recommendations!

In the meantime you can go to the 2018 Releases Table and select "Featured" from the drop down menu to see the releases that received votes in the weekly polls throughout the year, or just scroll through the table.

Ektoplazm, despite its noble purpose, publishes a lot generic music, so I don't often check it out. I'm glad I did today though because I discovered Psilogod's The Opposing Force from 2016. It was featured here, naturally, and was even recommended by Gordon timeisart but I didn't bother to check it out at the time. Loving it now :)

Having an Entheogenic afternoon/evening - only the band, not the plants though - in reverse order and they sound really nice and immersive, despite the similarities. I like Kykeon a bit more than the latest one btw, but it picks up in the second half and I really like Outer Chaos.

BC link for the latest one:

I was aware - and really liked - Kris Kylven's goa trance music with UX and Syb Unity Nettwerk, but not Eon Project, one of his downtempo "bands". Listening to their Brain Filter album; I'm really liking it, very varied in style but always interesting https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mXLHhSkYlJvlP42EfULbalvQzhWTlezNc

https://nkxmusic.bandcamp.com/album/make-music-not-war   - this is an album by a young Ukrainian ambient musician -NK x [Ųvás Gøød It] The sounds of the first morning of war stretched and processed to the extent that only harmonics and distant echoes remain.

"This release will remain in my memory for a long time. Yesterday morning, February 24, I woke up at 5 a.m. to explosions in the air. Explosions rumbled all over Odessa, but fortunately it didn't hit houses like in Kiev. Many people in a panic abandoned their homes, whether private or rented, taking the bare necessities, fearing for their lives. Then their apartments are also broken into, just chaos. This album features morning field notes from the window and my ever-changing surroundings. A morning that has become unsettling for everyone, yet for two days in Odessa, everything seems to be in order. These recordings are like nothing foreshadowing the ordinary - cars driving and birds singing, heralding spring. That is, the album was recorded at home, in the morning, when it seemed as if all this would not touch you, sit and drink tea, and was compiled in the dark corners of the basement 'improvised bomb shelter', where you sit with your ass, thinking about whether you will survive another week. A week in this sort of itinerant mode with only the bare essentials on hand. I don't want to take up arms, nor do I want to go to the front as cannon fodder and justify killing people with patriotic slogans. I haven't shown myself to the world enough yet...

The basis of the tracks are my regular melancholic guitar howls, stretched and processed to the point that there are only harmonics and a distant echo of the voice. Improvised recordings with random chord changes and vocal parts.

Thank you all for your support, for your interest in my work. It warms my heart to know that someone lays down on a bed with headphones on and relaxes, just getting a buzz out of my work, thank you, even such a small audience, for that. I have no enemies, I just want to live as a simple civilian, not afraid that tomorrow his house will be demolished by hails. I want to believe that in the end this shit will stop as soon as possible and I and my loved ones and their homes will remain unharmed. We'll be alive, we'll have some more fun. NK x"