Photo

Ableton vs Logic vs Fruityloops .... ?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Ableton vs Logic vs Fruityloops .... ? (17 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your DAW of choice?

1. Ableton (7 votes [41.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.18%

2. Bitwig (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Cubase (1 votes [5.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

4. Fruity Loops (2 votes [11.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

5. Logic (3 votes [17.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

6. Reason (1 votes [5.88%] - View)

7. Reaper (1 votes [5.88%] - View)

8. Renoise (2 votes [11.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Spinnet (One Arc Degree)

Spinnet (One Arc Degree)

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

I learned all the music production basics in Reason, used it for a couple of years. Then I switched to Ableton (in version 7 I think) and never looked back since! I tried to like Cubase, I really did, but the interface was really messy for me. I agree that one has to mess around with various pieces of software, never get too comfortable working on the same setup, if you want to constantly challenge yourself. So, in that spirit, I had a go at Reaper (clunky) and Bitwig (nice!). What I really want to wrap my brain around though is Renoise. I never used a tracker-based DAW before and Renoise has matured immensely, so I guess its time!

open the doors and let the music flood in

andorra

andorra

Family of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

What I really want to wrap my brain around though is Renoise. I never used a tracker-based DAW before and Renoise has matured immensely, so I guess its time!

I use Renoise and I love it. I used FT2 back in the day and when Reason came out I tried that but soon changed back to trackers. I tried different trackers in early 2000's and when the Renoise was published I purchased that and I'm still rocking with the latest version of it. Trackers rules :) Not many use those anymore. It seems that Ableton, Cubase and FL are the thing. Luckily Renoise has developed so much to meet today's standards in music production that it's a very powerful DAW and superb sampler tool.

Gagarin

Gagarin

hippy with gadgets

• Administrators
  • 1,579 posts

+ Logic and Reaper

i decided to add a poll to this post feel free to vote for your favoutite (s) :)

reality is a creation of your mind

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users