psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy

https://soundcloud.com/amritkala_yoga/manifesting-with-the-words-i-am-identifying-with-your-past

“Have you noticed everything begins with “I AMâ€? I’m good. I’m not so good. I’m depressed. I’m getting old. I’m going to die. Oh, my God! Why am I so unhappy? Everything is I AM I AM I AM. That I AM gives you a sense of individuality and therefore everything you say after I AM is binding upon you. 
If you start listing everything that you say after I AM, you will know that is how your life manifests. Your life is no different that everything that you say after I AM. That means you are identified with something that happened to you in the past.†--Yogi Amrit Desai

Yogi Amrit Desai, affectionately known as Gurudev, is recognized as one of the pioneers of the authentic teachings of yoga in the West. He was born in Halol in Gujurat, India in 1932, and in 1947 he met his teacher, Babuji, who had come to Halol to teach. He immediately became a disciple of the master, and has followed his teachings ever since.

After studying engineering and then teaching high school in India, the young Amrit Desai arrived in America in February 1960, initially to study art. But his spiritual mission drove him to begin teaching yoga, and that rapidly became his true life’s work. He was one of the earliest of the wave of Indian “gurus†who came to the U.S., and is the last living master from that initial wave.

Yogi Amrit Desai has been honored for following in the footsteps of many of the great spiritual Masters such as Paramahansa Yogananda, the renowned author of Autobiography of a Yogi, and Swami Vivekenanda, who founded the World Religious Parliament in India 1893. This prestigious organization has bestowed recognition to only five spiritual teachers who have played significant roles in disseminating the ancient heritage of India worldwide. In 1986 they honored Gurudev with the title Jagadacharya, World Teacher. He has also been recognized with titles including Doctor of Yoga and the Vishwa Yoga Ratna, awarded by the President of India.

His lectures and yoga nidras are available for download at CDBaby and on CD at Amrit Kala.

The books of Yogi Amrit Desai are also available at Amrit Kala and Amazon.