psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
floyd2.0

Another Fine Day - A Good Place To be (2015) [Interchill] (chill-out/ ambient/ soundscapes)

a few reviews i found on the net about this release and i could have said it better:

“If there’s one thing I love, it’s ambient (or even —dreaded term — “easy listeningâ€) albums that are deceptively simple on the surface but feature complexities and subtleties that emerge with close listening. 
This album strikes me just that way: casual listeners could easily mistake this for wallpaper music or for some kind of ambient-jazz fusion, but those who stop and pay closer attention will hear unsettled gestures lurking beneath the birdsongs and the lush textures. 
And yet the overall feel is one of uplift rather than disturbance. 
And his piano chops serve the mood rather than drawing attention to themselves. I’m very impressed.â€
Rick Anderson / All Music Guide : CD Hotlist

“Just had my first listen to the new (long overdue) album from Tom Green’s Another Fine Day project and was completely captivated. 
The record has beautiful echoes & resonances of Bill Evans, Brian Eno & Harold Budd but is still uniquely Tom’s creation. 
It may sound trite to say it but I’m going to anyway: They don’t make ambient music like this anymore and we are all the poorer for it. 
In it’s own quiet way, this release is cause for much celebration by fans of music that is both lovely AND substantial.
Let’s hope we don’t have to wait so long for the next one†
Bob Duskis / Six Degrees