psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy

What was the first electronic dance music track you listen to?

Maybe one of the first was Scooter - Waiting for spring

In the middle of the 90's: Underworld, ATB, Scooter, Chicane, Robert Miles (and other trance mix albums  at the end of the 90's).

The love of the electronic music (not dance but chill) started earlier, at the end of the 80s and the beginning of the 90's with Jean Michel Jarre

and from him still one of my fav:

I can't remember what the first EDM track I heard was, but the first one I truly enjoyed was Astral Projection's Mahadeva. That would have been some time in '97 I think? I never got heavily into goa, though I did attend some parties in the late 90s, by which time it was all minimal and not at all to my liking. I only liked some late '97 - '98 parties when the music was still melodic and layered. Still enjoy the occasional old school album/compilation/own playlist/party. In fact there'll be a party with Sid Shanti, Kuro and Orion that I'll go to in March.

there'll be a party with Sid Shanti, Kuro and Orion that I'll go to in March.

That was extremely enjoyable. I didn't see Kuro as I was too sleepy to stay on past 6:00, but Borelli's DJ set and Orion live, plus Shanti's set had moments -quite extended at times- that sewed a huge grin on my face and put me in a totally blissful state. :wub:

Now roll on March and April, I'm seeing AstroPilot for the first in May! :)

Not including Jean Michel Jarre, it would have to be this, if my memory serves right:

I've just listened to the first few minutes and it sounds very dated. Electronic music has progressed so much since 1989...