psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
snowdrop

news - 2015 - W37 - release of the week poll

2015 - W37 - release of the week poll  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which release(s) would you like to highlight this week?

• Beatroots - Mood Movement [ Shanti Planti ]
    • Cafe Amsterdam - Inner Peace [ Spaceradio Records ]
    • Celt Islam - Al Mizan (The Balance) [ Earth City Recordz ]
    • Chronos - Animo [ Mystic Sound Records ]
    • Cryogenics - Images Of A Forgotten Future [ Self Released ]
    • Flux Vortex - Lunar Web [ Backflip Records ]
    • Frank Riggio - Psychexcess II - Futurism [ Omelette Records ]
    • Free Soul School - Hobbit House Into The Galaxy [ Self Released ]
    • (ghost) - Elas EP [ n5MD ]
    • Gus Till & Supercozi - Music For A Rainy Season [ Section Records ]
    • In'R'Voice - Aesthetica [ Cosmicleaf Records ]
    • Lowering Ipnose - The Root Of Fear [ Padang Records ]
    • Miktek - Ambient Network III [ Self Released ]
    • Mindex - The Flavor [ Gravitas Recordings ]
    • Monodeluxe - Beach Flavour EP [ Plusquam Chillout ]
    • N.A.S.A. - Stolen Moments [ Iboga Records ]
    • Osmose - Fractals EP [ Self Released ]
    • Paul Ellis - Moth In Flames [ Spotted Peccary Music ]
    • Sanhata - The Return Of Anu EP [ Samana Records ]
    • Translippers - Herbalism [ Microcosmos Records ]
    • Unknown Reality - It's All Sound [ Self Released ]
    • Various Artists - Strange Eyed Constellations [ Disco Gecko Recordings ]

Greetings, friends! Your friendly poll pixie here, delivering another selection of auditory delights compiled by timeisart and Gagarin for your consideration :D

I invite you to discuss and highlight the music releases that have been announced this week in psybient.org news. You are very welcome to vote for your favourite, most 'interesting' album(s) and/or share your impressions and thoughts on the music.

To encourage more participants in the weekly forum, we decided to gift participants music from our label partners! To participate  in the 'giveaway':
- make a vote
- write a small comment about your choice

Embedded players for each release are under the spoiler - click 'show' below to display them. For previews of non-Bandcamp releases, click on the album artwork.

Beatroots - Mood Movement [ Shanti Planti ] Bass, Downtempo, Drum & Bass, Psychill, Psystep, Techno

A191920_MoodMovement_MoodM.jpg
Cafe Amsterdam - Inner Peace [ Spaceradio Records ] Chillout, Downtempo, Experimental, Psychill
Celt Islam - Al Mizan (The Balance) [ Earth City Recordz ] Bass, Glitch, Psystep
Chronos - Animo [ Mystic Sound Records ] Ambient, Psychill
Cryogenics - Images Of A Forgotten Future [ Self Released ] Atmospheric, Breaks, Downtempo, Drum & Bass
Flux Vortex - Lunar Web [ Backflip Records ] Ambient, Chillout, Downtempo, Psychill, Psydub 

flux-vortex-lunar-web-300x300.jpg
Frank Riggio - Psychexcess II - Futurism [ Omelette Records ] Bass, Downtempo, Glitch, IDM 

a0601435750_16.jpg
Free Soul School - Hobbit House Into The Galaxy [ Self Released ] Ambient, Chillout, Downtempo, Psychill, World Fusion
(ghost) - Elas EP [ n5MD ] Ambient, IDM
Gus Till & Supercozi - Music For A Rainy Season [ Section Records ] Ambient, Asian, Meditative
In'R'Voice - Aesthetica [ Cosmicleaf Records ] Ambient, Chillout, Downtempo, Psychill
Lowering Ipnose - The Root Of Fear [ Padang Records ] Ambient, Dark Ambient, Downtempo 

a2605183204_16.jpg
Miktek - Ambient Network III [ Self Released ] Ambient, Cinematic, Downtempo, IDM, Psychill
Mindex - The Flavor [ Gravitas Recordings ] Bass, Downtempo, Glitch, Psystep
Monodeluxe - Beach Flavour EP [ Plusquam Chillout ] Chillout, Downtempo 

plc1dw185_b.jpg
N.A.S.A. - Stolen Moments [ Iboga Records ] Ambient, Chillout, Downtempo, Psychill 

CS2862561-02A-BIG.jpg
Osmose - Fractals EP [ Self Released ] Ambient, Chillout, Downtempo, Psychill
Paul Ellis - Moth In Flames [ Spotted Peccary Music ] Ambient
Sanhata - The Return Of Anu EP [ Samana Records ] Downtempo, Jazz, Psychill
Translippers - Herbalism [ Microcosmos Records ] Ambient, Chillout, Downtempo, Dub, Psychill, Psydub, World Fusion
Unknown Reality - It's All Sound [ Self Released ] Ambient, Chillout, Downtempo, Dub, Psychill, Psydub
Various Artists - Strange Eyed Constellations [ Disco Gecko Recordings ] Ambient, Chillout, Downtempo, Psychill

Last week's results (these are the results after one week of voting - you can still vote and comment on this selection - click here!):

1st: Seb Taylor - Collected Downtempo Vol. 2 [ Tribal Shift Records ]

2nd: One Arc Degree & Cybernetika - Nether Moon [ Ektoplazm ]

Various Artists - Organic Beats Vol. 4 [ Altar Records ]

3rd: Erothyme - Bobby Steps [ Self Released ]

Fractal Dragon - Dream Face [ Self Released ]

Koan - Non Figment [ Blue Tunes Records ]

Big love _/\_

Edit: this week's results are available to view here :)

My votes have gone to Beatroots (more astonishing sonic wizardry from Saxon - especially 'Rune Stone' - epic track!) and Translippers (very innovative instrumental chilled out psydub, only listened to a couple of tracks but looking forward to more). I imagine that after listening to Mindex and Unknown Reality I'll need to come back and edit my votes  ^_^

Mindex's EP is pretty good, probably my favourite from the last week.  I like his work a lot.

I actually think that Gravitas Recordings has been on a roll lately, with:

• Revolution by CloZee
  • Neoterik by Gater
  • The Flavor by Mindex (obviously)
  • Chasing The Midnight Sky by The Digital Connection (released yesterday and seeming really, really good after the first listen)
  • Paper Tales by Fine Cut Bodies (due next week.  an artist I haven't heard much from but I have liked what I have heard, even if it is a bit harsh at times).

Usually I find a lot of Gravitas' releases a bit too glitchy and grating, hard to listen too.  But these releases have seemed more mellow, listenable.

And of course I can't forget the mighty Electrocado and their album Scribble.

*small edits to fix spelling mistakes

schofield, I agree that Gravitas Recordings has been good lately. I'm usually hesitant to add their releases to the list because they tend to stray a little too close to strictly glitch hop but their chill stuff is usually enjoyable.

Fine Cut Bodies should be pretty good. I liked their track on Enigmatik Records' Fragm'nts compilation a few years back:

something about an upright bass combined with glitch presses the right buttons for me. Mindex has done a lot of that in the past too and thats why I like his music so much.

I also thought the Flux Vortex release from this week was a nice surprise, never heard of that artist before. same with Translippers, will have to keep an eye on these artists in the future.

Translippers - Herbalism [ Microcosmos Records ]is an excellent release :)

I haven't enjoyed a psydub release this much since Capsula's Sense of a Drop in 2009. Proper chilled, bouncy and deep. And those ethereal vocals  :wub:  The Microcosmos label on an release is a guarantee of quality for me.

I liked In'R'Voice's album a lot too, despite it sounding a bit old.