psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
snowdrop

news - 2015 - W46 - release of the week poll

2015 - W46 - release of the week poll  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which release(s) would you like to highlight this week?

• CatchAll - The Attraction To Earth [ Plexus Music ]
    • Cloudcycle (Greg Hunter & Mauxuam) - Cloud 2 (Alt) [ Self Released ]
    • Floating Planet - Fractal Wortex [ Self Released ]
    • Gnomes Of Kush - Honey [ Section Records ]
    • Green Isac Orchestra - Green Isac Orchestra [ Spotted Peccary Music ]
    • HAUA - HAUA [ Self Released ]
    • HAUA - Ohm Winds [ Self Released ]
    • Jong - Reminiscences [ Self Released ]
    • Koan - Nobody [ Blue Tunes Chillout ]
    • Man Of No Ego - Blinkers Removed [ Self Released ]
    • Midival Punditz - Baanwarey Remixes [ Self Released ]
    • Nimphea & Hmmka - Svet & Teni [ Multifrequency Records ]
    • Shanti - Elementalism [ Mycelium Music ]
    • Soulular & Trevor Kelley - Constant Contrast Vol. 2 [ Foundations Recordings ]
    • Sundial Aeon - Symbiosis [ Impact Studio Records ]
    • The Seldom Named - Inquiry [ Time Resonance Music ]
    • Trees - Live At IV Lab Studios [ Self Released ]
    • Various Artists - Fairy Tales Vol. 1 [ OM Mantra Records ]
    • Various Artists - Original Knowledge [ Mystic Sound Records ]
    • When Elements Align - Sensus [ Uxmal Records ]
    • Wu Wei - Lifetimes Between [ Muti Music ]

Greetings, friends! Your friendly poll pixie here, delivering another selection of auditory delights compiled by timeisart and Gagarin for your consideration :D

I invite you to discuss and highlight the music releases that have been announced this week in psybient.org news. You are very welcome to vote for your favourite, most 'interesting' album(s) and/or share your impressions and thoughts on the music.

To encourage more participants in the weekly forum, we decided to gift participants music from our label partners! To participate  in the 'giveaway':
- make a vote
- write a small comment about your choice

Embedded players for each release are under the spoiler - click 'show' below to display them. For previews of non-Bandcamp releases, click on the album artwork.

CatchAll - The Attraction To Earth [ Plexus Music ] Ambient, Psychill
Cloudcycle (Greg Hunter & Mauxuam) - Cloud 2 (Alt) [ Self Released ] Ambient, Downtempo, Dub, Experimental, Psychill, Psydub
Floating Planet - Fractal Wortex [ Self Released ] Downtempo, Dub, Psychill, Psydub

floating-planet-fractal-wortex-300x300.j
Gnomes Of Kush - Honey [ Section Records ] Chillout, Downtempo, Dub
Green Isac Orchestra - Green Isac Orchestra [ Spotted Peccary Music ] Ambient
HAUA - HAUA [ Self Released ] Chillout, Downtempo, Psychill, World Fusion
HAUA - Ohm Winds [ Self Released ] Chillout, Downtempo, Psychill, World Fusion
Jong - Reminiscences [ Self Released ] Chillout, Downtempo, Dub, Psychill, Soft Trance no preview
Koan - Nobody [ Blue Tunes Chillout ] Chillout, Downtempo, Psychill 

12278225.jpg
Man Of No Ego - Blinkers Removed [ Self Released ] Ambient, Downtempo, Psychill, Space
Midival Punditz - Baanwarey Remixes [ Self Released ] Chillout, Downtempo, Psychill, World Fusion
Nimphea & Hmmka - Svet & Teni [ Multifrequency Records ] Downtempo, Psychill
Shanti - Elementalism [ Mycelium Music ] Bass, Downtempo, Glitch, IDM, Psychill, Psystep
Soulular & Trevor Kelley - Constant Contrast Vol. 2 [ Foundations Recordings ] Bass, Glitch Hop, Psystep
Sundial Aeon - Symbiosis [ Impact Studio Records ] Ambient, Chillout, Psychill, Trance
The Seldom Named - Inquiry [ Time Resonance Music ] Ambient, Downtempo, IDM, Psychill
Trees - Live At IV Lab Studios [ Self Released ] Ambient, Downtempo, Dub, Psychill
Various Artists - Fairy Tales Vol. 1 [ OM Mantra Records ] Chillout, Progressive, Psychill
Various Artists - Original Knowledge [ Mystic Sound Records ] Ambient, Downtempo, Psychill
When Elements Align - Sensus [ Uxmal Records ] Chillout, Downtempo, Psychill 

12506589.jpg
Wu Wei - Lifetimes Between [ Muti Music ] Bass, Glitch Hop, Psystep 

12453429.jpg

Last week's results (these are the results after one week of voting - you can still vote and comment on this selection - click here!):

1st: Drumspyder - Sound Sigils [ Self Released ]

2nd: Desert Dwellers - The Great Mystery Remixes Part 2 [ Desert Trax ]

Various Artists - Rhythm Code II [ Shanti Planti ]

3rd: Dubtrak - Be In The Flow [ Mystic Sound Records ]

Ishq - In A Rainbow Air [ Virtual ]

Big love _/\_

Edit: this week's results are available to view here :)

kind of a slow week but I thought Floating Planet's release on Ektoplazm was pretty good, Nimphea & Hmmka was a nice surprise, and Shanti gets the bass vote this week. Also new album from the legends Sundial Aeon is good as expected.

still need to check out VA - Original Knowledge and Man Of No Ego though

I just listened to Haua's two albums, it is very strange you can not even google it out. I can only click though psybient.org's link. Haua's music is surprisingly good, despite quite odd name. but russian like to be eccentric, especially those go to rainbow gathering... I am sure Haua is one of them, but his ( I assume one Mr.Haua.) interpretation of shiva shamboo is too slow, almost out of tune, maybe that is why his ohm winds album is only $9, but his first album is $14, quite expensive, for a first one, but I do agree his first album is much better.

Anyway, that Kurai instrument is really nice to hear, I can almost hear somebody has to blow very hard, very palpable human touch, and the whole album is more mature and energetic. Maybe it is better to deal with subjects close to your own homeland. I think this album is as good as Airform - Flourishing Zone 2015 Mystic Sound Records, and a bit better than Translippers - Herbalism 2015 Microcosmos Records, sorry, Mr.Translippers. There is more dynamic in this album.

Russia is full of new stars, do you think it is a very good thing? I hope psybient is not like ballet or gymnastics, it  would be so much nicer if boys from other nations can catch up! thank you all!

I certainly would love to see more girl psybient musicans, but I don't think it is a big deal for me now, working out a nice beat takes so much error and trials, I would prefer save that huge amount of time growing more useful plants, (or feeding some chickens if I can). :)

And thank you for putting up with all the tedious work here, so the rest of us don't have to. :)

PS: I constantly misspell Haua's name, i know it is a name worth national pride, but please don't make the rest of us too much trouble to be proper! Thanks as well!

interesting comparison of psybient with olympics :)

Russia is indeed big country with a pretty big amount of computers and kids can easily get Ableton from torrents.

I still think that UK and USA has stronger electronic music culture, but we will definitely make top 10 by the number of releases from each country ;)

Both the Sundial Aeon and especially Original Knowledge are great releases for me. Mystic Sound have had some very strong releases this year. The Koan EP sounds slightly weirder than usual to my ears, but in a very pleasing way. Overall, 2015 has been a more productive year than 2014 IMO. I wonder how much better our music can get.  :wub: 

That week felt like a slow week for me.  Not that I am complaining, I wish there were more of them.  I already buy too much music to be good for me.  ;)

Maybe it's more me than the music.

That said, Man Of No Ego - Blinkers Removed looks and sounds interesting.  Will have to listen to it a bit more.