psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
snowdrop

news - 2015 - W51 - release of the week poll

2015 - W51 - release of the week poll  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which release(s) would you like to highlight this week?

• Ac-tone - Waterwalls EP [ Outtalectuals ]
    • Esseks - Bad Cartoons [ Gravitas Recordings ]
    • Fractaleyes - Remixed [ Universal Tribe Records ]
    • Hoogshagenii - Bloodmoon EP [ Soundmute Recordings ]
    • Koan - Eddur: First Scroll [ Blue Tunes Chillout ]
    • Lemon Tree - Sausage [ Liquid Records ]
    • Martin Nonstatic - Inside [ A Strangely Isolated Place ]
    • Master Margherita - Khroma EP [ Mikelabella Records ]
    • Material Object & Ishq - Invisible Light [ No.Ware ]
    • Mick Chillage - Zen Diagrams [ Txt Recordings ]
    • Planet B - MIDIval Tourist [ Self Released ]
    • Sacral Crown - Amsha [ Self Released ]
    • Sattyananda - For A Moment You Disappear [ Audio Aashram Music ]
    • Spectrum Vision - Metrohm [ Self Released ]
    • Suns Of Arqa - All Is Not Lost, All Is Dub : The Remixes [ Liquid Sound Design ]
    • Travelsunnysamsara - Go Deeper [ Self Released ]
    • Various Artists - Dimensions Reflections [ Mystic Sound Records ]
    • Various Artists - Interchill [ Interchill Records ]
    • Various Artists - Land Of Awareness [ Caffix Records ]
    • Wil Bolton - Green Gold [ Self Released ]
    • Zero One - Signals [ Waveform Records ]

Greetings, friends! Your friendly poll pixie here, delivering another selection of auditory delights compiled by timeisart and Gagarin for your consideration :D

I invite you to discuss and highlight the music releases that have been announced this week in psybient.org news. You are very welcome to vote for your favourite, most 'interesting' album(s) and/or share your impressions and thoughts on the music.

To encourage more participants in the weekly forum, we decided to gift participants music from our label partners! To participate  in the 'giveaway':
- make a vote
- write a small comment about your choice

Embedded players for each release are under the spoiler - click 'show' below to display them. For previews of non-Bandcamp releases, click on the album artwork.

Ac-tone - Waterwalls EP [ Outtalectuals ] Bass, Chillout, Downtempo, Experimental, Glitch, IDM, Trap
Esseks - Bad Cartoons [ Gravitas Recordings ] Bass, Glitch Hop, Psystep
Fractaleyes - Remixed [ Universal Tribe Records ] Progressive, Psychill, Psytrance
Hoogshagenii - Bloodmoon EP [ Soundmute Recordings ] Ambient, Downtempo, Psychill
Koan - Eddur: First Scroll [ Blue Tunes Chillout ] Chillout, Progressive, Psychill 

CS2912911-02A.jpg
Lemon Tree - Sausage [ Liquid Records ] Chillout, Downtempo, Psychill
Martin Nonstatic - Inside [ A Strangely Isolated Place ] Ambient, Chillout, Drone, Dub Techno
Master Margherita - Khroma EP [ Mikelabella Records ] Downtempo, Dub, Psychill, Psydub, World Fusion
Material Object & Ishq - Invisible Light [ No.Ware ] Ambient, Drone, Experimental, Soundscape
Mick Chillage - Zen Diagrams [ Txt Recordings ] Ambient, Experimental, IDM
Planet B - MIDIval Tourist [ Self Released ] Bass, Downtempo, Dub, World Fusion
Sacral Crown - Amsha [ Self Released ] Bass, Chillout, Downtempo, Experimental, Glitch, IDM, Psychill
Sattyananda - For A Moment You Disappear [ Audio Aashram Music ] Ambient, Chillout, Downtempo, Experimental, Psychill
Spectrum Vision - Metrohm [ Self Released ] Psychill 

a0575286844_16.jpg
Suns Of Arqa - All Is Not Lost, All Is Dub : The Remixes [ Liquid Sound Design ] Downtempo, Dub, Psychill, Psydub, World Fusion
Travelsunnysamsara - Go Deeper [ Self Released ] Cinematic, Experimental, Neoclassical, Post Rock
Various Artists - Dimensions Reflections [ Mystic Sound Records ] Bass, Downtempo, Glitch Hop, Psychill, Psystep
Various Artists - Interchill [ Interchill Records ] Ambient, Bass, Downtempo, Dub, Psychill, Psydub, Psystep
Various Artists - Land Of Awareness [ Caffix Records ] Progressive, Psychill, Psytrance
Wil Bolton - Green Gold [ Self Released ] Ambient
Zero One - Signals [ Waveform Records ] Chillout, Downtempo, Psychill

Last week's results (these are the results after one week of voting - you can still vote and comment on this selection - click here!):

1st: Green Beats - The Moon Antidote [ Nutek Chill ]

2nd: Devin Kroes - Whispers From The Trees [ Street Ritual ]

3rd: Beatfarmer - The Past Is Present [ Self Released ]

Brujo's Bowl - Hybridized [ Merkaba Music ]

Data Rebel - Unstill [ Self Released ]

Jairamji - Listen To The Earth [ Self Released ]

Moon Frog - Chasing The Wind [ Self Released ]

Oïd Mü (Greg Hunter) - Future Dust Redux [ Mutantra Records ]

Various Artists - Fall [ Altar Records ]

Big love _/\_

Edit: this week's results are available to view here :)

Thank you Maia for this post :

- glad to see Green Beats in the 1st place of last week. 

- as for this week, maybe it is time to discover Koan, i have never been a listener of this duo.

- will also make sure to listen :  Sattyananda, Master Margherita and Interchill VA.

- any feedback in 'Various Artists - Land Of Awareness [ Caffix Records ]' ? i have never heard about this label.

Some of their music has a bit of a housey vibe and from a quick check this might be one of them, if that makes any difference. Their recent Nobody EP might be more psybient in nature. My faves are The Fables of Belovodye and Argonautica, and most of their EPs are pretty good IMO too.

maybe it is time to discover Koan, i have never been a listener of this duo.

Slow week - or maybe it was me that was slow.  I'm gearing down for Christmas i think.

Anyway, I quite liked Master Margherita's EP.  A couple of bouncy numbers on there which are good.

I tried to like Koan a few years back, and again with Argonaut when I thought I liked that album, but never quite got there.  Some of their sounds just sounded too cheesy to me.

Edit:

Two Moon Butterflies was the first album I bought.  It had potential, but yeah, some cheesy synth sounds I didn't like.  And the second and last I bought was Argonautica, which when I trialled it I thought sounded good, but then after I bought it I decided it also had some cheesy synth soounds I didn't like.

I should also say that they might not be sheesy to someone else, just the way I describe them to myself so I know what I am talking about....

I tried to like Koan a few years back, and again with Argonaut when I thought I liked that album, but never quite got there.  Some of their sounds just sounded too cheesy to me.

I totally know what you mean schofield. I have the same problem with some of their work, like The Way of One. I can still enjoy a large part of their output though, thankfully.

- any feedback in 'Various Artists - Land Of Awareness [ Caffix Records ]' ? i have never heard about this label.

I only included that compilation for the first psychill track by Blue Lunar Monkey, the rest are psytrance. Same with the Fractaleyes remixes, most of those are psytrance except the last couple of tracks.

also agree with Koan's latest works being a little too cheesy. I sampled this latest album and there was some unexpected bass/dubstep elements in the 3rd track, very strange to hear from Koan.

I've always loved Zero One's music, glad to see a new album from him, groovy stuff.

also enjoyed the Master Margherita EP this week.

only listened to a couple of tracks but VA - Dimensions Reflections sounds like a winner too.

also agree with Koan's latest works being a little too cheesy.

In my opinion 'When The Silence Is Speaking" is one of the most beautiful albums ever made and I'd strongly recommend giving it a go. I like a few tracks off some other albums like Fables, Legends and Matariki, but haven't enjoyed much of their more recent stuff.

The Fables of Belovodye was the last album I truly enjoyed by them, some stunning tracks on there like Flying Cities & In The Makarian Gardens. Also I agree that When The Silence Is Speaking is a great album. It seems like the cheese started around the late 2011/2012 time period for me.

Wow thanks guys new here and honoured to be in the list above ! This remix was super special and with help of some all stars x

There are some amazing other releases this week too... I cant wait to browse the ones I dont know of yet !

Of course Master Margherita is always amazing for me x 

<3