psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
Tanya

Your favorite mantras

Hi, guys!

Let's collect here mantras we love and would fancy others to love.

Ideally these mantras shall be extactically touching and breath taking: let it be a piece of art, not just a traditional 108 times repeating with the same timbre and BPM.

So it can be even Om Mani Padme Hum played that #wow style that you scatter out to the Universe with the tiny pieces of lovedust.

If you can write a little story about this mantra, how you heard it for the first time etc etc, that would be fantastic!

I will start with my favorite one. It's Om Namah Shivaya by Russil Paul. It is 17:30 minutes long and every second is worth listen.

It is slow and shanti in the very beginning, but then tempo increases, energies circulate more actively and ... (no more spoilering).

Story: Goa, Westend Club in the jungles, 10 am in the morning and a massive outdoors party is about to finish. It was powerful full-on before it and everybody understood that in a few minutes the party will finish and we will leave a venue afterwards. DJ (XP Voodoo if it rings a bell) puts this mantra on and WOW! That was so unusual and refreshing to listen to it after this crazy night!

Just a perfect option how to finish a party: final chord on the mind&body holiday.

I hope you will enjoy it the way I always am!

I think it's clear from my attempt at a joke that I have no idea how to tell mantras from other Asian chanting. Is all of it mantras? I know a mantra is a repeated phrase or phrases, but isn't most singing that same thing? Is the only difference in the content?

Hm, they are so common among the artists I like (and I'm so lacking in knowledge) that it's hard to remember properly. Possibly the one on Salutation to the Planets by Suduaya. 

I'm not sure these are mantras, but I also love the singing on Eguana's Life Flows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmrPYk5TckM

and Dimmat's Karma

Honorary mention goes to Hallucinogen in Dub's Angelic Particles, although it's wordless chanting.

Sorry about possibly irrelevant content.

Thank you, guys, for sharing!

Have never heard Hare Krishna by the Bhaktas before - nice one!

Adam Shaikh - Gayatri Mantra Shuffle - wow! this piece is specially amazing!!!

I will add some rock vibes here. Kula Shaker is a British band, signed at Sony Music, BTW!

These songs are not that cosmic as Om Namah Shivaya the topic has been started with, but.. these guys rock!!

Check them out!

And this one especially (with the very ecstatic chorus). Released almost 20 years ago, in 1996! Nice videoclip included.

Glad you liked the Adam Shaikh song :-).

I like the Braj Mandala song, but I'm not a fan of the second one. I had a hard time recognizing any mantra in there haha.

There a song by Higlight tribe, a quite famous French acoustic tribal trance, that features a mantra as well (didn't know there was a video):

Higlight tribe - Free Tibet

I realize this isn't technically mantra in the Hindu/Indian realm but for me the entire Book of Psalms are Mantras. Meant to calm ones soul. Uplift ones spirit. Aid in the giving of intelligence. Help in one's worship of the Creator. And what is also beautiful about them is they are essentially the middle of the Sacred Scriptures, tying together the old and the new. 

They were originally chanted and sung in the ancient Hebrew, accompanied by stringed instruments. Very much like mantras.

Pax,

Lorn 

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya (11px-Loudspeaker.svg.png listen (help·info)) (in devanagari: ॠनमो भगवते वासà¥à¤¦à¥‡à¤µà¤¾à¤¯) is a Hindu mantra. ‘Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya’ is a mantra of Vishnu and Krishna both. It has two traditions---Tantric and Puranic. In Tantrik Tradition, the Rishi of the Mantra is Prajapati, in Puranic Tradition the Rishi is Narada. Both, however, say it is the Supreme Vishnu Mantra. Sharada Tilak Tantram, for example, says "Dvadasharno mahamantrah pradhano Vaishnavagame"—the twelve lettered mantra is the chief among vaishnava mantras. Similarly, this is the ultimate mantra in ShrimadBhagavatam, whose 12 Chapters are taken as extensions of the 12 Letters of this Mantra.,.[1] This twelve syllable mantra[2] is known as a Mukti (liberation) mantra and a spiritual formula for attaining freedom.[3] This can be chanted like Gayatri Mantra.[4] This is the principal mantra of the Vedic scripture "Srimad Bhagavatam".[5] This mantra can also be found in Vishnu Purana.

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya means "prostration to Krishna" or "surrender to Krishna."[7] Krishna himself asked his devotees to completely surrender to him:

“ सरà¥à¤µà¤§à¤°à¥à¤®à¤¾à¤¨à¥à¤ªà¤°à¤¿à¤¤à¥à¤¯à¤œà¥à¤¯ मामेकं शरणं वà¥à¤°à¤œ ।

अहं तà¥à¤µà¤¾à¤‚ सरà¥à¤µà¤ªà¤¾à¤ªà¥‡à¤­à¥à¤¯à¥‹ मोकà¥à¤·à¤¯à¤¿à¤·à¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤®à¤¿ मा शà¥à¤šà¤ƒ ॥१८- ६६॥
Translation Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reaction. Do not fear. [Gita 18/66]

â€

Krishna also proclaimed "Everybody should recite "Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya" mantra daily whenever possible so that I will stand by them. I respond to the call of the heart immediately and invariably. See me in your duties. I am committed to those who are committed to their duties. Believe in putting faith in me and make me your own".[8]