psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
Sign in to follow this  
Gagarin Project

how to get apple macbook / macbook pro / Mac pro towers cheaper

Mac computers and laptops are pretty expensive, here are some tips how to buy them cheaper:

• buy refurbished from apple (basically you buy second hand with warranty, usually they looks as new because they change all the covers)  // -20-30% discounts
  • second hand from local after-market (kiki, ebay, leboncoin etc) (main issue here is warranty, the best is to buy from somebody you know) // -30-50% discounts
  • buy from apple student discount (find a friend who has student email and ask him to buy form you) // around 250 usd / eu discount

p.s. my personal experiences

my first MBP i got second hand from a guy that i worked with, and never regretted. I got around 50% discount and it lasted me for 2-3 years.

my second MBP i got refurbished, and never regretted. 

what about second hand Mac Pro ?

the new ones are too expensive, but the older models are pretty cheap now and i guess it is pretty easy to add there more RAM and SSD. Not sure how fast are those processors and video cards.

here is one of example os shops that sell OLD mac towers

http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/Apple-Systems/Used/Mac-Pro

so for a price cheaper of current macbook air you, you can get a top models from mac pro.