psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
yiannis

Guitars in downtempo

I'm referring to guitars that sound like guitars, rather than heavily treated guitars that sound like synths or effects. How do you feel about them? Do you enjoy both acoustic and electric?

Having had a past in guitar orientated music, I think they're great if used correctly. I tend to prefer acoustic a bit, but only marginally so. Some examples of what I like are Pete Callard in Shpongle and Steve Hillage in System7/Mirror System.

Thanks for the recommendations guys. The Ajja/Cosmosis album didn't quite grab me, but I haven't listened to it in a long time. I definitely enjoy the first two Cosmosis albums and early EPs though. I like Kalpataru Tree when I'm in a dubby mood.

I must say here that I love glissando guitar, Syd Barrett/Gong-style and the like.

Although I don't like Ott as much as I did a few years ago it'd be an experience to see him with The All-Seeing Eye. I've only seen two sets where he performed on his own, both after Skylon.

And I love Celtic Cross. In fact it was because I wanted to get my hands on that very album that I registered on discogs in the first place.