psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
snowdrop

news - 2016 - W11 (March 7 - 13) - release of the week poll

2016 - W11 (March 7 - 13) - release of the week poll  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which release(s) would you like to highlight this week?

• aAirial - Samudra [ Rednetic ]
    • Ajnia - Autumn [ Self Released ]
    • Arkeyetexture - Lago De Sonhos [ Big Wave Records ]
    • Astropilot & Friends - Soul Surfers [ Altar Records ]
    • Birds Of Paradise - Riding The Froth [ Addictech Records ]
    • Carbon Based Lifeforms - ALT:01 [ Leftfield Records ]
    • Chichilcitlalli - Ambient Downtempo (Birds) EP [ Bass Star Records ]
    • Dub Trees - The Cerronnos Dub Rituals EP [ Liquid Sound Design ]
    • Earth Child - Dream World [ Nutek Chill ]
    • Gallery Six - Static Collapse [ Plusquam Chillout ]
    • Govinda - Decadence [ Gravitas Recordings ]
    • Jedidiah - Aelohim Chill [ Ovnimoon Records ]
    • Lab's Cloud - Consciousness Change [ Plusquam Chillout ]
    • Morpheus - I.M.U. [ Self Released ]
    • Motion Drive - Chill Out Realms [ Iono Music ]
    • Omnisense - Covert Transhumanism Soundtrack [ Self Released ]
    • R.Roo - Erroor [ Self Released ]
    • Sattyananda - Tantric Frequencies [ Audio Aashram Music ]
    • Soley - Entering Voids Of The Quantum Strange [ Self Released ]
    • Spirit's Grapes - It's Over [ Self Released ]
    • Spirit's Grapes - Systematic Chaos [ Self Released ]
    • Unusual Cosmic Process - Living Earth [ Blue Tunes Chillout ]
    • Various Artists - Phaeton Chronicles 3 [ Tunguska Electronic Music Society ]
    • Various Artists - Storyteller [ Spiritech ]
    • Wu Wei - Black Forest [ Merkaba Music ]
    • YUV - Beyond Us [ Self Released ]

news-2016-11.jpg

Greetings, friends! Your friendly poll pixie here, delivering this week's selection of auditory delights compiled by timeisart and Gagarin for your consideration :D

I invite you to discuss and highlight the music releases that have been announced this week in psybient.org news. You are very welcome to vote for your favourite, most 'interesting' album(s) and/or share your impressions and thoughts on the music.

To encourage more participants in the weekly forum, we decided to gift participants music from our label partners! To participate  in the 'giveaway':
- make a vote
- write a small comment about your choice

Embedded players for each release are under the spoiler - click 'show' below to display them. For previews of non-Bandcamp releases, click on the album artwork.

aAirial - Samudra [ Rednetic ] { Ambient }
Ajnia - Autumn [ Self Released ] { Ambient }
Arkeyetexture - Lago De Sonhos [ Big Wave Records ] { Psybient }
Astropilot & Friends - Soul Surfers [ Altar Records ] { Psybient }
Birds Of Paradise - Riding The Froth [ Addictech Records ] { Bass }
Carbon Based Lifeforms - ALT:01 [ Leftfield Records ] { Psybient }
Chichilcitlalli - Ambient Downtempo (Birds) EP [ Bass Star Records ] { Psybient }

13259797.jpg
Dub Trees - The Cerronnos Dub Rituals EP [ Liquid Sound Design ] { Psybient }
Earth Child - Dream World [ Nutek Chill ] { Psybient }
Gallery Six - Static Collapse [ Plusquam Chillout ] { Ambient }

13308686.jpg
Govinda - Decadence [ Gravitas Recordings ] { Bass }
Jedidiah - Aelohim Chill [ Ovnimoon Records ] { Psybient }

13170884.jpg
Lab's Cloud - Consciousness Change [ Plusquam Chillout ] { Psybient }

13308444.jpg
Morpheus - I.M.U. [ Self Released ] { Bass }
Motion Drive - Chill Out Realms [ Iono Music ] { Psybient }
Omnisense - Covert Transhumanism Soundtrack [ Self Released ] { Psybient }
R.Roo - Erroor [ Self Released ] { Psybient }
Sattyananda - Tantric Frequencies [ Audio Aashram Music ] { Ambient }
Soley - Entering Voids Of The Quantum Strange [ Self Released ] { Bass }
Spirit's Grapes - It's Over [ Self Released ] { Psybient }
Spirit's Grapes - Systematic Chaos [ Self Released ] { Psybient }
Unusual Cosmic Process - Living Earth [ Blue Tunes Chillout ] { Psybient }

13274966.jpg
Various Artists - Phaeton Chronicles 3 [ Tunguska Electronic Music Society ] { Psybient }
Various Artists - Storyteller [ Spiritech ] { Psybient }
Wu Wei - Black Forest [ Merkaba Music ] { Bass }
YUV - Beyond Us [ Self Released ] { Bass }

Last week's results (these are the results after one week of voting - you can still vote and comment on this selection - click here!):

1st: Harold Sleeper - Harold Sleeper [ Self Released ]

2nd: Living Light - Tales From The Karman Line 1: Hemispheres [ Desert Trax ]

3rd: Bluetech - The 4 Horsemen Of The Electrocalypse: The White Horse [ Self Released ]

Noraus - Type 1 Civilization [ Microcosmos Records ]

Side Liner & Aviron - Out Of Town [ Cosmicleaf Records ]

Tikki Masala - Mandala [ Masala Records ]

To see all releases of 2016 so far, visit the Releases Table here!

Big love _/\_

Edit: this week's results are available to view here :)

^ Yeah, the Birds of Paradise EP is my pick of the week.  Agree with the #wow sentiment.  Such good music.

I also really liked Govinda's Decadence album, and Wu Wei - Black Forest.  I'm actually still on  the fence with Black Forest, haven't bought it yet; I need a few more listens first.

They're the only ones I have heard.

I think you guys would like YUV - Beyond Us if you haven't heard it yet, it came out at the end of January so I'm a little late discovering it but it's some good psychedelic bass, as is Morpheus's new EP.

Spirit's Grapes - Systematic Chaos is the surprise of the week for me though, never heard of this artist before but this was impressive.

Carbon Based Lifeforms is excellent of course but this isn't anything truly new, just remasters and different versions of already existing tracks. dat T-Rex Echoes track tho!

It seems that Dub Trees is now just Youth and collaborators, would've loved to see the other original members contribute (Greg Hunter & Simon Posford). still, this is a decent EP.

also slow down there Unusual Cosmic Process, I still haven't fully processed your Utopia album from what seems like not that long ago.

Maia, I decided to bring back genres in a more limited fashion so I edited them into this post's spoiler and in the google sheet so future posts will have them as well.

I intend to be very broad with this by classifying releases into one of only three genres: Ambient, Psybient, or Bass. Really this is just to distinguish the Ambient & Bass releases from the Psybient ones, as they are the easiest to tell apart. The Psybient genre tag is meant to be a catch all though and could include such styles as psydub or chillgressive.

Maia, I decided to bring back genres in a more limited fashion so I edited them into this post's spoiler and in the google sheet so future posts will have them as well.

I intend to be very broad with this by classifying releases into one of only three genres: Ambient, Psybient, or Bass. Really this is just to distinguish the Ambient & Bass releases from the Psybient ones, as they are the easiest to tell apart. The Psybient genre tag is meant to be a catch all though and could include such styles as psydub or chillgressive.

very good , thank you so much! with our 1000+ year catalogs - if we don't divide at all the main catalogs will become hard to use. If you don't have time to classify, skip for now, we can always catch back with communal effort.

very good , thank you so much! with our 1000+ year catalogs - if we don't divide at all the main catalogs will become hard to use. If you don't have time to classify, skip for now, we can always catch back with communal effort.

It shouldn't be a problem to add just these single word genres every week. It was just annoying in 2015 when I was trying to be more precise by listing 4 or 5 genres for each release.

I like the Astropilot&Friends album. I'm not the biggest fan of chillgressive and Iriy still hasn't clicked with me but this one works much better for me. It could have something to do with the fact that he's collaborating with artists I like a lot.

The Dub Trees EP caught me by surprise as, to my ears at least, it doesn't have anything in common with their first album. Will need to have a proper listen.

CBL was great too but not really new.

Finally had a first listen to the Motion Drive album, extremely pleasant.

Agreed, excellent album. I just introduced a downtempo genre tag to the 2016 releases table, would you consider this album to be psychedelic enough to warrant the psybient genre tag or should it be called downtempo?

I feel like there's some psy in it but I'm on the fence. Right now it's listed under psybient anyway though

would you consider this album to be psychedelic enough to warrant the psybient genre tag or should it be called downtempo?

I feel like there's some psy in it but I'm on the fence. Right now it's listed under psybient anyway though

It's not in your face but the psy element is there imo. When the genre boundaries are so subtle I think you needn't puzzle over tags :)