psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
Gagarin Project

Your favourite books

the first writer that comes to my mind will be Richard Bach with these thee wonderful books
  • Jonathan Livingston Seagull
  • The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story
  • Messiah's Handbook: Reminders for the Advanced Soul

incredible and very inspiring stories.

I haven't read any books in the last few years but my faves would be Journey to Ixtlan by Carlos Castaneda, The Life and Times of Alexis Zorbas by Nikos Kazantzakis, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe and The Doors of Perception by Aldous Huxley. I enjoyed the few parts of the Murphy's Law series I read several years ago too plus Ozzy Osbourne's I Am Ozzy, on the entertaining side of things.

The Art of Listening, by Erich Fromm. For those who are interested in the understanding of everyday human behaviors and basic mechanisms about how we form expectations in life!

I've been thinking to read Erich Fromm's 'To Have or to Be?' but for the sake of irony I don't wan't buy it and it's hard to find at library.. :)

But I'll put 'The Art of Listening' to my list too.

Iron Maiden's official biography Run to the Hills gave me fascinating insight into the amount of dedication, organisation and sheer hard work that must be put into a band's career, if it is to be successful. For about four decades. Things have changed drastically since the mid-70s obviously, but if we're talking about more than making an album on your home studio, putting it up on Bandcamp and doing the occasional gig mostly out of a laptop (nothing wrong with all that of course, just a different method of going about things), any degree of success is even more demanding - even taxing - on personal life these days.

Reading some books written by Alexandra David-Néel, a Belgian-French lady that traveled into the forbidden lands of Tibet around 1920.

In order to be able  to make these voyages she often disguised herself as a lama.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandra_David-N%C3%A9el

The Last Temptation of Christ - Nikos Kazantzakis

1984 - George Orwell

Asimov's Chronology of the World - Isaac Asimov

Der Process - Franz Kafka

Julian - Gore Vidal

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? - Philip K. Dick

Das Schloß - Franz Kafka

Mahabharata - Sri Viasa

And many many more

Discworld series....

Awyiss

For myself, I'm quite fond of Robin Hobb stuff. Game of Thrones is cool too. From classics I'd say The Count of Monte Cristo. Having quite fond memories of Hesse books as well. List is too damn long to name them all. Horror stories by HP Lovecraft tho, amazing.

Got Doors of Perception for Christmas, should starting reading that.