psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
Gagarin Project

Introductions (Say Hello)

From the name of psybient.org team i we would like to say, that we would like to know a bit about of each of you:

So say Hello and if you desire tell us something about you....

- what brought you here ?

- what you do ?

- what do you like or don't like about music ?

- what are you inspired with.... etc

Feel welcome to write your introductions here below, or if you wish create a topic with presentation of yourself in our dedicated subforum called "Tribe"

Greeting from the south aegean island of Kalymnos!

I have been visiting psybient.org for a good while now, its a great place to find about lots of interesting releases plus nice interviews. I have been listening to ambient / chill music since 2000 and it's been a great ride so far. I began experimenting with computer music software to create my own works around 2006, at the time I had just finished my master at theoretical physics in the Netherlands. 

So, for the last five years I have been living in Kalymnos, working as a high school teacher in physics & chemistry. In my free time I produce as much music as I can. I enjoy trying my hand at various styles & tempos, but I definitely gravitate towards atmospheric and dub-influenced textures. Inspiring artists are too many to mention... but a few names stand out like ASC, Aes Dana, Autechre, Murcof, Burial, Machinedrum, Solar Fields, Bluetech (in his various guises) and I'm sure I'm forgetting many highly influencial artists here.

In general, I love science fiction themes and aesthetics and that extends to music as well.

Hello from South Korea!

I'm mcthfg.  I produce mostly psybient and dub.  I just released a track/album on Dubmission Records, and I've been really touched and honored by the response from the psybient community.  Thank you for all the support!

There is so much variety and so many great artists producing psybient and dub right now - what a great time for music.  And sites like Psybient.org supporting that music - thanks to you as well.

I have three more albums coming out on Dubmission (and hopefully more!), and a tour in the works, so stay tuned :)

mcthfg (Chris)

Hello to everyone.

My name is Misha and I am huge lover of slow music from beatless ambient to psybient, from berlin school to ambient trance... Also developmental psychologist by profession and manager of Soundmute recordings. Hoping to see some nice discusions and recommendations.

Hi all,

Gregg here, UK mastering engineer based in Paris, France.

Very happy to be here and hope to make a positive contribution. I have written a longer intro in the Tribe subforum:

http://forum.psybient.org/index.php/topic/220-gregg-hermetech-mastering/

Best wishes,

Gregg Hermetech

Hi Folkz,

my profile from SC:

Floyd is involved in music for almost all of his life! He can't imagine his life without it.

He visited many different soundscapes and places. He has a weak spot for psychedelic & esoterical sounds with a good bassline.

So, naturally he loves the alchemy of psybient and sacred bass/psydub.

He blends melody, bass, natural vibe & soundscapes into his mixes, that way he brings listeners and dancers to the higher level of consciousness. 

- what brought you here ?

well, I know Gagarin from back in 2013, i played at one of his parties in Paris (a fundraiser for french burners), so that way i got in touch of what he was doing at the time. And that has become psybient.org. 

- what you do ?

For money; i work at a mental health hospital. 

For fun; music offcourse, listening it, mixing it, dancing to it, chilling at it, not producing it (yet).

- what do you like or don't like about music ?

Like: the power of it, both strong or soft and subtle.

Don't like: the (to)fast of evolution in electronic music. in the 'old days' a track was like a paining; You put it up a wall and it stayed there for years. Now, music is like a graf on a city wall, it's there 1 week and the next week it's covered with an other piece.

- what are you inspired with.

uhm, nature, daily noises, colours, voices, experiences in other realms,...

Love&Light

Hi,

I`m Jakub and i`m from Poland.

I found this forum and psybient.org by accident while googling Androcell, when I run into the interview on psybient.org. 

I`m listening to psybient/downtempo music for around 2 years now and just starting to explore all those produces - both big names like CBL, Androcell, Solar Fields, and the maybe smaller names from http://www.ektoplazm.com/portal.

For past 3 years I`m learning music production, but with strange path, becouse I`ve started by making drum loops as background beat for plaing on my electric/bass guitars. In the same time i was exploring more electronic genres (both faster and slower stuff) and was more and more into listening and eventually producing downtempo music. Unfortunetly my personal life and full time job as software engineer (which lately i just hate with passion) often collided with music production, so to be honest last 8 months was productive and previous around 2 years was only learning some basics. Thats why my soundcloud are only 2 demos which are very old and proper new stuff will arive very soon:) 

As for what inspire me, i think its a lot of eastern philosophy, photography (i`m also a amature photographer) and nature (my track My Spirit is Free was actually inspired by my view from the window and surroundings that i see every day while walking my dog). 

Peace

Hello All. 

My name is Yuri. I am Russian, born in Latvia, living in UK since 2005. I work as Web Application Developer. I've been listening to Psychedelic ambient and psychill since 2003-2004. I was 17 years old, and I was picking psilocybe semilanceata back at home and naturally started researching everything that is related with psychedelic culture, heard Future sounds of ambient vol3. And shortly after heard Shpongle. Became crazy Shpongle fan until they released 4th album. Was listening to Shpongle all day everyday and it was like a religion for me for a while, then suddenly my obsession stopped when 4th album was released. :)

These days I am mostly listening to Matt Hillier's music and sacred bass/glitch inspired psychill. I do listen to psytrance, nothing cheesy, nothing too progressive, sometimes dark and forest but not manically. I do listen to other genres as well including idm, balkan, dub techno, etc etc. Whatever sounds interesting can work.

I heard about psybient.org in it's early days naturally through social media, and my friend Nick Gabriel, then started following iurii on Facebook to get all the latest updates.

Best.

Greetings from Switzerland !

hmmm... what to say :)

Music lover for long time...   I've been DJing, producing, organizing parties  and performing liveacts in the swiss psytrance scene for some years...  Especially between 2002 and 2012.   
Some may have heard about Biolive and the Timegate event... I was one of the two original founders of Biolive...  But I've quit few years later in order to focus more on making music... 

I've also been organizing some interesting music-making international workshops events called "Primitif-Workshop" with Vincent Le Barde (Electrypnose) and others friends..

But since 2012~2013 I started to loose some interest in psytrance dancefloor music...   But for sure, i didn't wanted to stop making music...  But I think I had to get away a bit form the computer..  So I started to experiment more with acoustic instruments (escpecially handpans, native flutes, kalimbas,...).

And now I'm happy to mix these two worlds together in a more chillout mood :)

(you can check some of my tracks in the "demo tracks" section)

I've never been really involved in the Chillout scene, but I'm getting more and more attracted to it...

And I thought this forum could be a nice place for that :)

All the best to all of you !
Spring hugs <3

Hi everyone :)

My name is Sarah.

I first got in to psy music via bands like Shpongle and Entheogenic who are still big favourites. I love music and listen to it every day for most of the day if I can, I have a somewhat eclectic taste and usually find something from each genre that I like, though I'd say psybient is my favourite.

Though it's been something close to my heart for a while now I feel like I want to experience it all further and am looking to go to some psytrance festivals in the near future and possibly begin writing my own music, though I have a lot to learn before I start to get anywhere with that!

I would like to learn more, listen more and reach out and find others with similar interests!

Hope everyone is well :)

x

I guess I should do an introduction as well. It's about time.

I'm Mikkel, born and raised in Denmark, now living in Copenhagen where I try to promote the (non-existing) ambient culture. So far it's moving forward, although slowly. I am also one half of the Mønsterhed duo. As of right now we do DJ sets with all kinds of chilled music and my partner is a skilled VJ and content creator for his medium, so we're looking to branch into audio-visual performances when I can pull myself together and make some music for it.

My connection to the site is that I sometimes help out behind the scenes on Psybient, doing proofreeding of the larger posts and also published a couple of interviews through the site (those with Easily Embarrassed and Carbon Based Lifeforms). I've been here on the forum from the start, so to say.

Ambient has been my preferred style of music for a handful of years now. I think I stumbled upon CBL in 2009 or 2010 and I was hooked from there. Since then my taste has evolved into more beatless terrain, favoring stuff like Matt Hillier's work and the output of 12k Music. However, I still have a fondness of Ultimae and the like :) 

Hope to make some good friends on here.

Namaste.
AstralSeeker is Christophe Kosior, a French man from Corsica island, in south of France.
He is "a man on a mission". :-)
He is very keen on music, cinema, travels, alternative medicines, spirituality, martial arts, organic food, with a real ecological consciousness.
He has been playing music in parties since the 80's, going through punk, rock, indie, new wave, cold wave, indus, (etc…). His first encounter with goa trance was in early 1993 in Paris, France, at the famous party GAIA 2 with German Live act X-Dream, and French djs Heyoka and Yayo.
At this party, his experience was so deep that he immediately started collecting music and became part of the "French DAT mafia" of the early years :-)
Between 1993 § 1997, he attended  hundreds of goa trance parties in France, mainly organised by Trans Body Express (TBE), Tekno Resistance/Gaia (Teknotanz), Dragon Force and other organisations of this period.
Since 1993 he played goa trance § psychedelic chill-out in countless public and private parties. He can play full-on, but his expertises are old school goa trance, progressive and psychill. He mixes tracks from all eras, from the 90's to nowadays modern productions. His psychill style is epic, morning § hypnotic, composed of slow bpm groovy progressive § tribal/Indian tracks. He is always trying to open the dancers/listeners to the bright side of psychedelic music, triggering positiveness, enlightenment, happy feelings § epic vibes into them with cleverly structured mixes.
Since 2009 he opened thousands of persons all around the planet to the world of goa trance and psychedelic ambient through his soundcloud mixes § youtube channel, where he uploaded over 250 musical video clips nicely edited for hundreds of psytrance § psychill artists.
After 22 years of collecting and mixing psytrance and psychill tracks, he chose the year 2015 to fully reveal himself to the public.
AstralSeeker is seeking Beauty everywhere including in the astral realms :-)
His mission: Spread Love Through Music.
Namaskar.

Booking / contact:[email protected]

https://www.youtube.com/astralseeker

https://www.facebook.com/Astralseeker

https://soundcloud.com/astralseeker/psychill-set-ravelation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=216dwwOoJHc&list=PLdIikMdKpYwDEOjp9G7s7ZlrODIHnpFUR

https://soundcloud.com/astralseeker/psychill-set-indianism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTt83iYaJNM

post-255-0-21021600-1427494206_thumb.jpg

Hi Christophe, I've loved your psychill YouTube videos for a few years now, they're really varied in style and inspiring.  :) 

I never knew the story behind the person - your dedication to all things psychedelic and positive vibe are truly amazing.

My connection to the site is that I sometimes help out behind the scenes on Psybient, doing proofreeding of the larger posts and also published a couple of interviews through the site (those with Easily Embarrassed and Carbon Based Lifeforms). 

Hey Mikkel, great to meet a fellow proofreading pixie :)