psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
Gagarin Project

Introductions (Say Hello)

for me it doesn't really matter if it's analog or digital if it produces good sounds. there are analog fetishists, but i am not one of them ;) software ones are very useful, i really enjoy Absynth. hardware ofcourse is good, cause you can touch it and work without computer ;)

for me perfect is to combine software, hardware, analog, digital, synth apps for ipad. it's bad to border imagination only because something is not analog or something ;)

Hi there, I'm Strange Substance a psy music producer from The Netherlands.
It's nice to find a psychill minded forum and thanks to the psybient.org team for promoting my music, i found this website trough my bandcamp statistics page.
Nice to meet you!

Hi there, I'm Strange Substance a psy music producer from The Netherlands.

It's nice to find a psychill minded forum and thanks to the psybient.org team for promoting my music, i found this website trough my bandcamp statistics page.

Nice to meet you!

:) thank you, we are glad to help! 

did you notice any other "sources of traffic" similar to others ?

Greetings from Denmark!

My name is Andreas Johansen and I compose ambient/psybient under the moniker Organic Patterns. About 2 months ago I released my debut album Biome, go check it out if you haven't ^^

My music is more or less always based on a theme or concept. When a concept is decided I reflect upon how the composition and each sound should be designed to reflect some part of the theme. When I have some guidelines, I start making my music. The themes or concepts I usually come up with are typically inspired by biology  :)

By day I study sound design in Denmark, which I just started last month, it will take 3.5 years to finish, and it's pretty awesome.  :D

To name a few of my inspirations I would say Carbon Based Lifeforms is definitely all the way on the top. Their music was the first ambient I'd ever heard, and when I discovered them, I knew that I had to lay hip hop aside and start making ambient, I haven't looked back every since. After discovering CBL I started going through the Ultimae catalogue, and I learned that pretty much everything with the Ultimae stamp on was quality music. Artists like Solar Fields and Aes Dana definitely left a huge impression. Since then I've broadened my horizon with a lot more artists and genres. 

Last but not least I found this forum through my bandcamp statistics - Thank you Floyd for sharing my album on here :-)

Peace

OP

Garbage Truck Driver in canada.

15 years of guitarism into metal sector, 3 year of piano.

Havnt composed any music in last some years, bummer!

Felt into Psybient trought my discovery of dubstep, wich i found complex and interesting according to its new sounds.

Grew a bit bored of most metal repetitive technicality and feelings. I kept the rawest close to heart.

The power i once felt in it is a bit more diluted now, i sometimes even find it cute instead of empowering. Weird transition! I guess im aging lol

Its refreshing to love another type of music with a more emotive point of view, not that i didnt emotion metal , but that its technicality keep absorbing the focus!

Cheers

My first dubstep track was :
Reso - Otacon

My first Psybient Track was:

Psyfactor - Retroscientific

The intro is just amazing. Love those delay water sounds!!

Garbage Truck Driver in canada.

15 years of guitarism into metal sector, 3 year of piano.

Havnt composed any music in last some years, bummer!

Felt into Psybient trought my discovery of dubstep, wich i found complex and interesting according to its new sounds.

Grew a bit bored of most metal repetitive technicality and feelings. I kept the rawest close to heart.

The power i once felt in it is a bit more diluted now, i sometimes even find it cute instead of empowering. Weird transition! I guess im aging lol

Its refreshing to love another type of music with a more emotive point of view, not that i didnt emotion metal , but that its technicality keep absorbing the focus!

Cheers

My first dubstep track was :

Reso - Otacon

My first Psybient Track was:

Psyfactor - Retroscientific

The intro is just amazing. Love those delay water sounds!!

nice to see you here, may i ask how did you discover psybient then ? 

Hello Everybody!

So I've finally landed on psybient.org after googling awhile for forums, blogs and the likes in search of psychedelic music news and discussions. Glad I've found you!

About myself: I was born and raised in a small town in the south of Italy, now I work and live in Rome.

I know a little of musical theory and practice (used to play guitar), but my approach to music is emotional rather than technical.

I've been in love with various musical genres in the past, lately post-rock, jazz and trip-hop.

Then, one day I accidentally stumbled upon Shpongle's video of the Red Rocks concert and that redefined my aesthetic notions. I started following only psybient and related variants (psy-dub, for instance) and very very rarely I come back and listen to selected pieces of my past collection.

Look forward to sharing meaningful information with you. Peace to everybody!

Hello Everybody!

So I've finally landed on psybient.org after googling awhile for forums, blogs and the likes in search of psychedelic music news and discussions. Glad I've found you!

About myself: I was born and raised in a small town in the south of Italy, now I work and live in Rome.

I know a little of musical theory and practice (used to play guitar), but my approach to music is emotional rather than technical.

I've been in love with various musical genres in the past, lately post-rock, jazz and trip-hop.

Then, one day I accidentally stumbled upon Shpongle's video of the Red Rocks concert and that redefined my aesthetic notions. I started following only psybient and related variants (psy-dub, for instance) and very very rarely I come back and listen to selected pieces of my past collection.

Look forward to sharing meaningful information with you. Peace to everybody!

Welcome then. You are at the right place it seems :)

Hello everyone,

Nice that there is a discussion here to let people in this community to get to know each other. i read all the threads here and would like to drop by myself and say hello! Greetings from Vancouver, Canada. At the moment i am in Canada but spent the last many years living in Finland and hopefully will be back to Europe for festival seasons next year (my favorite time of the year! with nature, sun, mind blowing music and artist, and most of all the powerful great spirited people)

What brought me here is the psybient community. I just love to share music, talk about music, listen to music, and dj music (not yet produce :-P I will when the universe speaks to me that it is time to produce :-D). This whole genre of psychill, psybient, downtempo, ambient,etc.. are just full of beautiful deep soulful sound. Many times when I listen to artists like CBL, Solar Fields, Stefano Torto, etc. I am always mind blown in how such music can be created so beautifully that resonates so strongly. Many of these producers inspires other artists and djs, so keep the good music vibe vibing :-)

I am in the health and fitness industry, and i teach yoga! As a hobby  i write my own health and nutrition to educate myself and others and i dj.

Nice to meet you all 

Bless and light to all you lovely people :-)

Hello everyone,

Nice that there is a discussion here to let people in this community to get to know each other. i read all the threads here and would like to drop by myself and say hello! Greetings from Vancouver, Canada. At the moment i am in Canada but spent the last many years living in Finland and hopefully will be back to Europe for festival seasons next year (my favorite time of the year! with nature, sun, mind blowing music and artist, and most of all the powerful great spirited people)

What brought me here is the psybient community. I just love to share music, talk about music, listen to music, and dj music (not yet produce :-P I will when the universe speaks to me that it is time to produce :-D). This whole genre of psychill, psybient, downtempo, ambient,etc.. are just full of beautiful deep soulful sound. Many times when I listen to artists like CBL, Solar Fields, Stefano Torto, etc. I am always mind blown in how such music can be created so beautifully that resonates so strongly. Many of these producers inspires other artists and djs, so keep the good music vibe vibing :-)

I am in the health and fitness industry, and i teach yoga! As a hobby  i write my own health and nutrition to educate myself and others and i dj.

Nice to meet you all 

Bless and light to all you lovely people :-)

it is nice to meet "professionals" from health industry. feel welcome to browse "mind-body-and-soul" part of forum and maybe you will want to share womething with us there

===> http://forum.psybient.org/index.php/forum/7-mind-body-and-soul/

Hello everyone! I am glad to be a part of the forums. I love psychill and psybient. It is my favorite music. I also listen to goa and psytrance a lot. You can see what I listen to on last.fm: http://last.fm/user/rakoontay

I'm a 37 year old gal... no parties or festivals for me anymore. I am old ...lol

I do make music but am self consious about it. My music link is in my profile. I make eclectic/different sounding downtempo/chill music.

Anyway, hello!

Hi and Namaste all, My name is Manny officially but pronounce Manni and Im from Delhi, India :). I think im only one from India who listen to Psybient/Psychill music. Haven't met anyone from India who listen to such music genre. It all started after my first Albert hoffman trip in 2012 ^_^. I have started listening from Cell, CBL and many many more..After trip i started to listen Psychill/Psybient music. This music give me Dreamy and altered state, Which i love :D . I used to listen free music before, never thought of buying their album, it just didn't come to my mind. Recently i got to know about Bandcamp and now i'm able to Support my Artists, Atleast somehow i can thank to them for their tremendous effort for creating music. Peace and Love!

Im a smoke one for u! Welcome to the forum!