psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
Gagarin Project

Introductions (Say Hello)

Namaste.

AstralSeeker is Christophe Kosior, a French man from Corsica island, in south of France.

Salut and welcome on board,

your name is known to all of us who go to youtube, nice to see you in forum and on soundcloud. Please have a look at suggestions i made about tracklist in this topic.

Hi all,

I am Nicolas, from France.

Everything started with psychedelic rock from 66-70 to which I listened a lot, exploring as well psychedelic soul, funk, hip-hop and all kinds of psychedelic stuff (without neglecting the non psychedelic :-)). Love music anyway.

A friend took me to Hadra in 2009 and it was kind of a shock, became immediately a fan of both psytrance music and the crowd spirit evolving around it. This music was introduced in my body and never left it.

Wasn't that much into artists and all (I like the anonymacy around it) but I discovered Shpongle which was the trigger for deeper exploration.

Love psytrance at parties, but at home, I really love downtempo, chill, psydub, psybient positive or dark. Really happy about the existence of this website that I discovered through Gagarin which will, I hope, create a community around downtempo, a little explored subject.

In life, I'm right now trying to finish a PhD on water management.

I am looking forward to seeing some of youz at Ambiosonic soon :-).

Cheerios to all of you!

Hello!

I have been an occasional visitor to psybient.org for about a year, and finally decided to register today. What brought me here initially? My love for ambient, psybient, psychill  music, and interest in the process of making it and listening to it. What attracts me to the genre is that to me a good psybient / ambient release is the perfect marriage between warm emotions and technology (used to expand the horizons, not just to "impress" by distorting bass).

My decision to join however came as after a studio-show in California yesterday, my google search for the artist (forgotten future) brought up one of the psybient.org pages (weekly releases) and I realized (again!) how many great new tracks are released every day that I'm not aware of. My love for Dragon Ball Z and its soundtrack as a teenager introduced me to the work of Julius Dobos, the composer behind forgotten future (I have been a fan of his since the early 2000s) - which completes this circle.  I'm also a huge Ultimae / Solar Fields and Altar Records fan and psyshop patron.

Aside from my personal story...  I'm in interior design and acoustics, working with a major company that designs and redesigns listening spaces form the small project studio to some large venues, living my life between NYC, occasionally Silicon Valley, and my hometown Berlin, Germany.

Glad to be here, finally "officially".

Hello!  :)

I introduce myself, I'm French and I love downtempo and electronic musics, glad to find a place of the web about! I've discover Psybient.org by the forum trancegoa.org. I also like spiritual and asian musics too since a lot of years.

Some of my favorits electronic artists: Solar Field, Carbon Based Lifeforms, E-Mantra... And in spiritual genre : Kitaro, Deuter...

I also like to compose music for relaxation and meditation, and sometime more chilled or electro.

Best regards!

Hello All,

I am Manny, from Australia! I have been exploring conscious, downtempo psychedelic/ambient music for about 15 years as a listener / DJ / producer. I am irrevocably drawn to this style of music due to it's unique capacity to echo sounds which remain inexpressible through words, sounds which are inexplicably synesthetic and sounds which inspire deep reverence for the environment through which we move. 

For the past few years I have been exponentially learning more about the craft of producing music and recently released my first EP:  Alaya Sounds - Mountains Flow EP. It is available for free download on my bandcamp page so do check it out! 

I have also been crafting DJ mixes at home and at festivals in Australia. I have my original productions and DJ mixes up on my soundcloud page should you be interested to hear them.

Glad to be here with you good folk!  :) 

Hi :)

i am Flying Lotus fom France, have been a long time listener of electronic music and now mostly find the tunes i like in the field of psy downtempo / psychill.

- what brought you here ?

interest to new music

- what you do ?

i am currently unemployed 

- what do you like or don't like about music ?

i like the good feeling that it gives me

i don't like that sometimes it is too loud :)

Glad to be here with you and read you :)

Hey. Dk0dr here, I have been listening to electronic music since it's early days in 90-92, got into Goa and Psybient when parties and record stores started popping up in my country around 94-95.

After the decline in activity on the IsraTrance forums I have been looking for new sources of info for new releases and discussions so I'm glad I found this site and I am looking forward to joining the

community here on Psybient.org. Namaste!

Hi and Namaste all, My name is Manny officially but pronounce Manni and Im from Delhi, India  :). I think im only one from India who listen to Psybient/Psychill music. Haven't met anyone from India who listen to such music genre. It all started after my first Albert hoffman trip in 2012 ^_^. I have started listening from Cell, CBL and many many more..After trip i started to listen Psychill/Psybient music. This music give me Dreamy and altered state, Which i love  :D . I used to listen free music before, never thought of buying their album, it just didn't come to my mind. Recently i got to know about Bandcamp and now i'm able to Support my Artists, Atleast somehow i can thank to them for their tremendous effort for creating music. Peace and Love!

Hi and Namaste all, My name is Manny officially but pronounce Manni and Im from Delhi, India  :). I think im only one from India who listen to Psybient/Psychill music. Haven't met anyone from India who listen to such music genre. It all started after my first Albert hoffman trip in 2012 ^_^. I have started listening from Cell, CBL and many many more..After trip i started to listen Psychill/Psybient music. This music give me Dreamy and altered state, Which i love  :D . I used to listen free music before, never thought of buying their album, it just didn't come to my mind. Recently i got to know about Bandcamp and now i'm able to Support my Artists, Atleast somehow i can thank to them for their tremendous effort for creating music. Peace and Love!

Manny! - Good to see you here. It's Don - from Ascendant :) Welcome.

Hi everyone ! LunarB here, been checking Psybient for a while and i finally took the jump in the forums ! I discovered psybient music (along with many, many other things) at my first BOOM festival and fell in LOVE with it ! I also try to make somme psychill music when i have the time :)

Much love !

Salam !

Hi from Normandy, France

Glad to join you as a huge music lover from classical music to cool ambient. I am here to discover new music and to share joy. I play music for a very long time and I still compose.

I think Psybient is a new galaxy but as long as I can remember (i am not really young), my taste for that kind of music came with Pink Floyd, Gong, krautrock (Ash Ra Tempel etc.) then William Orbit, Brian Eno, Shpongle and Ott…

Music and love are my only drugs and… it works ! :wub:

See you soon ! :)

Hi ! ;) Thank you !

During some years, it was a problem to answer that kind of question. Uh… Psybient maybe ? Spaced out beats, hypno funk, groovy smoothies, velvet techno, ambient tribal… Whatever. There are some samples on my soundcloud.

Your music is really great !!!! I love it and there is plenty of tunes to listen. :wub: