psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
Gagarin Project

feedback request about weekly news posts

maybe we should add genre tags to the releases on these weekly news like we have under the spoilers on Maia's weekly polls. I'll make the change on the google sheet to include them.

also I enjoy seeing what Tanya comes up with for the "dessert" section, always interesting stuff.

It is great in a meaning of Big Data, but as for me, I don't listen to 30 new releases every week, and I think, there are just 3-5 really great albums in the year, not 20, not 120..

Maybe I've got very picky taste..

Same here, i'm too picky with my music, i don't listen to 90% of those releases, i might give a quick listen on some to check if it "catches" my attention but that is all...i listen to other genres as well so it's hard for me to follow every single release out there...

Here is news example - http://www.psybient.org/love/psychill-news-2016-14

I am also interested what do you think about our "off topic" news part, it is usually named as "dessert" by our news editor Tanya.

To be honest i rarely visit the main webiste, i basically just visit the forum...so i guess you could post the"off-topic" news here as well

The point is supposed to be for the community to separate the wheat from the chaff by voting for their favorite releases of the week, then these winners get highlighted in the 2016 Releases Table so others can easily see the high quality releases at a glance. (Type "1st" into the search bar above the table to only show the winners from the weekly polls).

The main problem this runs into is a lackluster response from the community in terms of numbers of votes. You can't claim to have an objective measure of quality from a tiny sample size of only 3 or so voters. But maybe objectivity in music is impossible anyway as everyone has their own subjective tastes.

I'm still going to at least finish up 2016 as I get something out of this myself, I like having a full list of releases to help me remember what came out during the year, but I'm not sure if I'll pick it back up again in 2017 if nobody uses this service.

maybe we should add genre tags to the releases on these weekly news like we have under the spoilers on Maia's weekly polls. I'll make the change on the google sheet to include them.

also I enjoy seeing what Tanya comes up with for the "dessert" section, always interesting stuff.

glad  to hear this :) i like them too, but just wanted to make sure that it is not too much off-topic.

It is great in a meaning of Big Data, but as for me, I don't listen to 30 new releases every week, and I think, there are just 3-5 really great albums in the year, not 20, not 120..

Maybe I've got very picky taste..

nobody listen to all, but if some of you recommend an album there is much more chance that i will listen to it. and the week winners are also in priority for me.

the thing is that we don't "pre-moderate" strictly the releases by quality.

I'm still going to at least finish up 2016 as I get something out of this myself, I like having a full list of releases to help me remember what came out during the year, but I'm not sure if I'll pick it back up again in 2017 if nobody uses this service.

thank you so much for your dedication.

many many people use the table data, we just have not enough people in the forums poll. I will think about solutions. One idea is to have a system that allow us to vote directly on the "big table".

Yeah, I tend to just come to this forum as well, rather than the website itself.  I never go there actually.

Since this forum started up I never go to the Isratrance chill forum either.  Though that was on the way out anyway, before this forum started.

I like the weekly release lists on here.  I only listen to a small fraction of the releases of the week, but I have found it good to highlight things that I might have otherwise missed.  And it's good to hear what others think about them.

The voting I could take or leave, the real value IMO is the commentary underneath.

Thank you, timeisart, I appreciate your feedback, really. It makes me feel I'm not the only person to enjoy 'dessert' cakes weekly))) 

Big hugs from Russia! <3