psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
andorra

2016/07/06-10 - Samsara Festival (EUROPE 2ND EDITION)

EUROPE 2ND EDITION

Samsara Festival Europe welcomes you and all the world’s contemporary tribes to its second summer celebration of the free spirit, love, peace & unity – where the chill stage is the main stage.

For ages 0-116

Psychedelic Yoga Village & Psybient Music Festival at the lake of Balaton, Hungary 6-10 July 2016.

Second edition of the worldwide psychedelic murmuration for yoga, music, dance and nature lovers hosting lecturers, instructors, teachers, trainers, mentors, coaches, tutors, advisers, guides, demonstrators, psychologists, doctors, healers, anatomists, gurus, shamans, curers, medicine men and therapists along with a full moon psybient music festival. 120 yoga workshops, seances and lectures followed by 90 music artists and DJs on Chill, Alternative and World Music stages – hidden deep into our private forest surrounding the fantasy village of Samsara – a thousand way of consciousness.

Hungary 6-10 July:  

Emancipator (USA)  â€“ Vibrasphere (SWE) – Gaudi (UK) – Desert Dwellers (USA) – AES Dana (FR) – H.U.V.A. Network (FR/SWE) – Hybrid Leisureland (JAP) – Connect Ohm (FR/JAP) – Solar Fields (SWE) – Cell (FR) – Carbon Based Lifeforms (SWE) – Kaya Project (UK) – Sephira (UK) – Asura (FR) – Seb Taylor (UK) – Amani (USA) – Suduaya (FR) – Tripswitch (UK) – Star Sound Kontinuum feat. Irina Mikhailova (USA) – Scann-Tec (RUS) – Goatika (RUS) – Perpetual Loop (UK) – I Awake (SWE) – Digitonal (UK) – Kukan Dub Lagan (ESP) – Zen Baboon (POR) – Hang Massive (UK/S) – AstroPilot (UKR) – Lauge & Baba Gnohm (DK) – Max Million (GR) – Dhamika (SWE) – Ancient Core (ROU) – Miktek (GR) – Hibernation (UK) – Lauge (DK) – Terra Nine (NZ) – Astronaut Ape (RUS) – Sundial Aeon (PL) – Fishimself (GR) – Audiocompress (H) – Yarn (H) – Aythar (H) – Deep in Mind (GR) – Photosynthesis (I) – Sync24 (SWE) – Chronos (RUS) – Martin Nonstatic (AT) – Christian Samsara (DK) – Stefan Torto (GR) – Matsumoto Zoku (JAP) (many more to come)

I'm going!

Would be nice to meet up with some people from the forum! :)

Still have to decided between driving the 1300km or taking a flight. When driving I do have at least one free spot in the car! Preferably for someone with a drivers license and good vibes :P So far there is only one friend of me who might join but he is not 100% sure yet.

Main stage timetable looks delicious!

I hope at least some people from the forum can make it to the festival :)

Tuculuxu too bad to hear that you can't make it!

We could arrange a small forum meeting at the festival if someone can make it...? Let's see at the main bar (close to main stage if it's in the same place where it was last year) on Thursday 12 PM! I'll put a small sign with "psybient.org' on my table :)

This is me, come say hi :)https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13445627_1722050844678524_9091203712507486376_n.jpg?oh=bb39e8ba79b520a39d53adbbae342907&oe=5806DDC4

It was amazing, THANK YOU GUYS! :) One love

Is there a separate thread or subforum for festival reviews? If not I'll post my experiences here.

we have this place http://forum.psybient.org/index.php/forum/36-reports-event-and-festival/but is for links. i guess you can add your "experience" here below ;)

This year there was three stages for music: main stage, alternative stage and small 'tilos' stage in forest.

Last year there was one stage more but I think this was better arrangement.

It was good idea that some artists played chillout-set on main stage and trance-set on alternative stage.

Didn't have time to see everything but I really enjoyed my time around the festival.

There was also lots of yoga classes and different kind of lectures on the festival.

If I'd have to say what impressed me most I'll have to say that it was Max Million's set on main stage.

There were plenty of great sets but this hit me the most.

Can't wait for the next year....! :)

Yes, can't wait for next year either. Really curious to see in which country/location it will be for the 3th edition!

I had so many amazing experiences at Samsara, it is hard to put it all into words.

Music-wise I enjoyed the set of Gaudi the most together with the whole Ultimae records showcase on Saturday (Cell, Sync24, CBL, Solar Fields, HUVA Network, Aes Dana, Miktek, ...), but actually every day was a nice music journey.  Some personal highlights: dancing to Carbon Based Lifeforms on the Mainstage at sunset under a rainbow, doing staff spinning workshop(s), watching the crazy fire shows at night, talking to all the lovely people, ...

The Radio Tilos stage surprised me also very much. I didn't expect to stumble upon Long Arm playing live in the forest, let alone a Acid House party on the first night! :)

Basically the festival had a great variety of music, making it sometimes hard to choose between stages, but this is luxury problem! :P

I liked the fact that it was a rather small-scaled festival, with only 2000-3000 people (if I could have a guess). There were no cues at the showers and most people had a nice camping spot in the shade and/or in the forest. The small scale also meant you would literally bump into your favourite artists walking around the festival.

While I enjoyed the festival allot, there are also some potential points for improvement:

- I found it a pity that, during the first few nights, the mainstage and surrounding area was very dark at night. You could not see the beautiful UV/fluorescent decorations that were hanging right above your head. The blacklights and lasers were not turned on until the third or fourth night of the festival, and even then not so bright. The same for the videomapping. It looked great, so why not let it start sooner?

- Similarly, it was a bit of a shame that the mainstage booth was not opened yet the first two days and DJs had to play on a small table/stage. (Although I suspect this had to do with some technical difficulties)

- having the ability to pay with cash at the small shops (and not only that plastic card) would have been nice

- unclear rules of the security about entering the festival with your car and/or your own food and drinks (one day allowed, the other not)

I do understand not all of the above was the choice of the organisers, and the police & fire brigade also had a say in this, so just something to take with you for the next edition :)

You can find some of the pictures I took here: http://imgur.com/a/Un1Fn. I did not include all of them, and they are not of super high quality, but it should give you a general impression of the festival!