psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
Sannes

My thesis on the psytrance scene

Hi Everyone! for my thesis I am doing research on visitors of psytrance events. Being a psytrance-enthusiast myself, I am curious of other people’s experiences when visiting a party. If you’d like, you could help me a lot by completing the questionnaire by following the link below, it’ll only take you about 5 minutes. Thanks a lot in advance J. The link to my survey is: https://survey.fss.uu.nl/index.php/426382/lang-en

My study is about group dynamics and a sense of community on psytrance events, I'm trying to find out whether seeing visitors together as a real group affects the way people feel about belonging to that group or community. I am studying in Utrecht, the Netherlands so my thesis will be in Dutch. If you are interested I could write a short summary in English though by the time it's finished!  

Oh that's great! It's a pity I won't be able to come to England in june.. I still need some more respondents for my research, do you have any idea where I could find more people that are interested? Thanks in advance 

Yes, please do :) I recommend getting in touch with local psytrance nights/festivals near you and asking permission to contact their attendees. Your study will be more valuable if you can give a precise location where it took place. The idea of a massive worldwide study conducted over the internet is exciting, but very difficult. For example, how will you contact Russian, Japanese or Brazilian psytrancers?

Good luck!

Yes, please do :) I recommend getting in touch with local psytrance nights/festivals near you and asking permission to contact their attendees. Your study will be more valuable if you can give a precise location where it took place. The idea of a massive worldwide study conducted over the internet is exciting, but very difficult. For example, how will you contact Russian, Japanese or Brazilian psytrancers?

Good luck!

via local internet forums, but probably the easiest is to find partners among fest organisers and ask them to share links via their social media.