psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
Shpongle

General Music Thread (discussions of non "psybient" music)

Tool and Porcupine tree are both great great bands! Can't wait for the release of the new Tool album (whenever that may be) and hopefully get to see em live in London sometime.

Btw also rumours of a Rage Against The Machine comeback, or some form of spin-off band, maybe with new front man. - http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/rumors/rage-against-the-machine-begin-teasing-something-major-is-it-another-reunion

Saw this the other day, a new supergroup by the looks of it, Tom Morello, Tim Commerford, Brad Wilk, Chuck D, & B-Real, i would definitely check this out

Here's a novelty kind-of-metal thing, just for the sake of it :P :

That reminded of this for some reason, even in an acoustic guitar this song sounds heavy :rock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtL7nO4NNHY

Like this post if you used to listen to heavy/death/sympho/melodic/black/trash metal. or still do!!!

Still a metal fan till this day, even though i don't listen to it as much as i did, i still follow some bands, it depends on my mood really...Metallica was the band that got me into metal, still love them till this day, saw them live 5 times, Marilyn Manson was one of my main bands back in the day as well, all i did was wear Manson shirts during a time in my life lol still listen to it, his latest album was amazing by the way.

Other bands i still listen to, Deftones, System of a Down, Marilyn Manson, Machine Head, Rammstein, Soulfly(old albums), KoRn, Slipknot, Stone Sour, Rage Against the Machine.....

Thank you Shpongle, I wasn't aware of the acoustic RiB version; well played and indeed heavy.

I was talking to someone online a few months ago and although the original reason was electronic music we ended up talking metal. It always seems to work out that way :D

Lol, metal is a great genre, specially for people like me or older that were born in the 80s, we had so many great rock/metal bands growing up that it's hard not be a fan of the genre, i honestly don't listen to many "new" metal bands, they all sound pretty much the same to me, i get bored easily...

oh yeah, Rage against the machine and Korn are great

On the other hand, me and my friends used to make fun of corpse paint and black metal shrieking too back in the day, 

Any photos of corpse paint on you available??? :)

Any photos of corpse paint on you available??? :)

I never put on corpse paint, but I'm sure someone, somewhere has pictures of my best friend at the time and myself painted as Ace Frehley and Gene Simmons of Kiss respectively for the Greek equivalent of Halloween. :ph34r:

Looks like it's official!!

Rage Against The Machine, Public Enemy & Cypress Hill Members Unite In Prophets Of Rage

Prophets Of Rage have officially been unveiled. The new outfit features Rage Against The Machine members Tom Morello, Tim Commerford and Brad Wilk paired with Chuck D & DJ Lord of Public Enemy and B-Real of Cypress Hill. The collective will be performing beefed up versions of material from Rage Against The Machine, Public Enemy and Cypress Hill, and also will have been working on their own original material."

Their new album is shaping up to be a great one...the two singles released were top notch!

I've only listened to them once each, they sounded good but I can't say I loved them. It'll be easier to form an opinion once we've got the whole double set in our hands.

I did like their previous one quite a bit, I must admit.

I've only listened to them once each, they sounded good but I can't say I loved them. It'll be easier to form an opinion once we've got the whole double set in our hands.

I did like their previous one quite a bit, I must admit.

I think this will top Death Magnetic, but we'll have to wait and see...less than a month now :D

I saw the Harwired.. videos yesterday evening. I liked most songs, but Confusion, ManUNkind and Am I Savage didn't grab me. I can't think about favourites yet,

Didn't get a chance to listen to the album yet unfortunately :(