psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
snowdrop

news - 2016 - W20 (May 9 - 15) - release of the week poll

2016 - W20 (May 9 - 15) - release of the week poll  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which release(s) would you like to highlight this week?

• Aenigmatica - Sanctum [ Mellow Sonic Sound System ]
    • Carbon Based Lifeforms - MOS 6581 Remixes [ Leftfield Records ]
    • Cosmic Replicant & Germind - Lost Dreams EP [ Altar Records ]
    • EarthRise SoundSystem - Floating: EarthRise Soundsystem Remix Project [ Black Swan Sounds ]
    • Exist Strategy - Lie Still And Fade [ Self Released ]
    • Harmonic Defiance - Bloom EP [ Self Released ]
    • Kuba - Drifting [ Plusquam Chillout ]
    • Laetitia Santero - Cold Weather [ Plusquam Chillout ]
    • Mettakin - Swamp Tactics [ Outtalectuals ]
    • Nâ??MU - Bloom [ Self Released ]
    • Nordgroove - Keeper Of The Samples [ MNMN Records ]
    • Ocean Shiver - Dark Side [ Plusquam Chillout ]
    • SoLaRiS - Rites [ Self Released ]
    • SoLaRiS - Visions Of Paradise [ Self Released ]
    • Sound Yantra - Fifth World Sounds [ Self Released ]
    • Sourone - Mana Flow [ Electrik Dream ]
    • Spaceship Earth - Interdimensional Passport B-Side [ Party Time Society ]

news-2016-20.jpg

Greetings, friends! Your friendly poll pixie here, delivering this week's selection of auditory delights compiled by timeisart and Gagarin for your consideration :D

I invite you to discuss and highlight the music releases that have been announced this week in psybient.org news. You are very welcome to vote for your favourite, most 'interesting' album(s) and/or share your impressions and thoughts on the music.

To encourage more participants in the weekly forum, we decided to gift participants music from our label partners! To participate  in the 'giveaway':
- make a vote
- write a small comment about your choice

Embedded players for each release are under the spoiler - click 'show' below to display them. For previews of non-Bandcamp releases, click on the album artwork.

Aenigmatica - Sanctum [ Mellow Sonic Sound System ] { Psybient }
Carbon Based Lifeforms - MOS 6581 Remixes [ Leftfield Records ] { Psybient }
Cosmic Replicant & Germind - Lost Dreams EP [ Altar Records ] { Psybient }
EarthRise SoundSystem - Floating: EarthRise Soundsystem Remix Project [ Black Swan Sounds ] { Psybient }
Exist Strategy - Lie Still And Fade [ Self Released ] { Ambient }
Harmonic Defiance - Bloom EP [ Self Released ] { Psybient }
Kuba - Drifting [ Plusquam Chillout ] { Psybient } 

13648796.jpg
Laetitia Santero - Cold Weather [ Plusquam Chillout ] { Bass } 

13011234.jpg
Mettakin - Swamp Tactics [ Outtalectuals ] { Bass }
N∆MU - Bloom [ Self Released ] { Bass }
Nordgroove - Keeper Of The Samples [ MNMN Records ] { Bass }
Ocean Shiver - Dark Side [ Plusquam Chillout ] { Psybient } 

13648972.jpg
SoLaRiS - Rites [ Self Released ] { Ambient }
SoLaRiS - Visions Of Paradise [ Self Released ] { Ambient }
Sound Yantra - Fifth World Sounds [ Self Released ] { Ambient }
Sourone - Mana Flow [ Electrik Dream ] { Psybient }
Spaceship Earth - Interdimensional Passport B-Side [ Party Time Society ] { Bass }

To see all releases of 2016 so far, visit the Releases Table here!

Big love _/\_

Not much at all going on this week, CBL's MOS 6581 remixes was probably the biggest one of the week but tbh I think I still prefer the original track. Still waiting on some Photosynthesis remixes that were apparently about to be released soon.

Harmonic Defiance's Bloom EP was a nice long downtempo techno track, maybe not psybient but still enjoyable.

NAMU & Nordgroove were some decent psybass.

Also I think I'm done with listing Plusquam Chillout releases, the only reason I did this week was because of Kuba, one of my favorite artists, but apparently this EP doesn't even contain completely new tracks.

Plusquam Chillout's continued practice of churning out already pre released music and slapping bland stock photo album art on all their releases shows that they're only in this for a quick buck and don't deserve to be listed here anymore in my opinion.

I liked the Cosmic Replicant & Germind EP a lot, no 4/4 kicks on this one but still with some beats and nice atmospheres around them.

As for Plusquam there were a lot of complaints and harsh words in psynews some time ago, with people, including artists, claiming they were ripped off if I remember correctly. I think someone might have claimed they were made to sign papers giving all their music to the label. Here's the thread: https://www.psynews.org/forums/topic/56247-dubious-methods-in-the-psytrance-scene/

I'm sorry to admit it but the CBL remix release was...ummm....not good or at least I didn't like it. The live mix version was the only exception.

I liked the Cosmic Replicant/Germind release.

I also liked, oddly enough, Aenigmatica. The New Age vocals were pleasant. Maybe a bit on the cheesy side but I liked it.

I had a listen to the CBL EP this morning, before fully waking up and it sounded fine. The Ajja remix was a nice surprise, I didn't expect to like it. The Saafi Bros one was cool too, quite funky. Overall it was quite enjoyable; I don't think you can expect too much from a remixes EP anyway.

I had a listen to the CBL EP this morning, before fully waking up and it sounded fine. The Ajja remix was a nice surprise, I didn't expect to like it. The Saafi Bros one was cool too, quite funky. Overall it was quite enjoyable; I don't think you can expect too much from a remixes EP anyway.

i don't agree :) i think if you like artist who do remix (remixers) you might like EP.

i don't agree :) i think if you like artist who do remix (remixers) you might like EP.

OK, you're right, that's true. I should have said I've never listened to a remix EP that was more than just good.