psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
Xpander

Samba/Latin/Salsa flavoured Psybient

I am in love with the Samba inspired Psychedelic music that the two UK artists below did so well. I remember seeing Shpongle for the first time many years a go and MHFLF just exploded the building. But is there more like this? Is it randomly just a British invention or did they take inspiration from something former? If anyone has any other psychdelic in this style then please share! I have the feeling its a rare occurrence, which is a travesty!

Eat Static - Epoc Calypso

Shpongle - Dorset Perception
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQyR-FXJCLk

Shpongle - My Head Feels Like Frisbee (the part between 4:00 - 6:00)

a few months ago I spent quite a time searching for 'salsa psychill' in different words.

Great to see some new tunes here and other fans of psychedelic salsa vibes!

Have any good ones to share?

Not yet :( these Sphongle and Ott tunes above are the only ones I'm familiar with too....

I'm listening to salsa-latino tunes anyhow, but they are not psychedelic the way we want them to be. :(

A bit of latino (very bit) here

In common during all these years of listening I opened more jazzy-funky ambient things, since salsa-lation psybient is soooooo rear :(

And only talented composers like Ott, Posfort etc are ready to create the fusion of these objectively different-leveled music.

Maybe someone can make a psychill (or even trance one) remix on this tune? :)) I'm just begging!! :wub:  :rolleyes: