psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
snowdrop

news - 2016 - W24 (June 6 - 12) - release of the week poll

2016 - W24 (June 6 - 12) - release of the week poll  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which release(s) would you like to highlight this week?

• 4bstr4ck3r - Space Evader [ Street Ritual ]
    • 5AM - Back Burner EP [ Mindflip Records ]
    • Austin Speed - Rituals [ Swamp Music ]
    • Bassline Drift - Proximity [ Gravitas Recordings ]
    • Cirqular - Omni Directional [ Triple Drop Productions ]
    • Dub Trees - Celtic Vedic [ Liquid Sound Design ]
    • Erothyme - Feel Trip [ Self Released ]
    • HoeHLE - Various Tracks [ Self Released ]
    • Johakyu - Majesty [ Self Released ]
    • Kaya Project - Crossing The River EP [ Sacred Technology ]
    • NOYA Project - Insight [ Self Released ]
    • Seamoon - Crystal Language [ Merkaba Music ]
    • Sense Datum - Karmic Visions [ Self Released ]
    • Sacral Crown - Brotherhood EP [ Self Released ]
    • Smooth - Forgotten Futures [ Cyan Music ]
    • Ultradian - Pathfinder [ Self Released ]
    • Ultradian - Pathways [ Self Released ]
    • Various Artists - Cosmik Chill Green [ Electrik Dream ]

news-2016-24.jpg

Greetings, friends! Your friendly poll pixie here, delivering this week's selection of auditory delights compiled by timeisart and Gagarin for your consideration :D

I invite you to discuss and highlight the music releases that have been announced this week in psybient.org news. You are very welcome to vote for your favourite, most 'interesting' album(s) and/or share your impressions and thoughts on the music.

To encourage more participants in the weekly forum, we decided to gift participants music from our label partners! To participate  in the 'giveaway':
- make a vote
- write a small comment about your choice

Embedded players for each release are under the spoiler - click 'show' below to display them. For previews of non-Bandcamp releases, click on the album artwork.

4bstr4ck3r - Space Evader [ Street Ritual ] { Bass }
5AM - Back Burner EP [ Mindflip Records ] { Bass }
Austin Speed - Rituals [ Swamp Music ] { Bass }
Bassline Drift - Proximity [ Gravitas Recordings ] { Bass }
Cirqular - Omni Directional [ Triple Drop Productions ] { Bass }
Dub Trees - Celtic Vedic [ Liquid Sound Design ] { Psybient }
Erothyme - Feel Trip [ Self Released ] { Psybient }
HoeHLE - Various Tracks [ Self Released ] { Psybient }
Johakyu - Majesty [ Self Released ] { Psybient }
Kaya Project - Crossing The River EP [ Sacred Technology ] { Psybient } 

13729224.jpg
NOYA Project - Insight [ Self Released ] { Psybient }
Seamoon - Crystal Language [ Merkaba Music ] { Bass }
Sense Datum - Karmic Visions [ Self Released ] { Bass }
Sacral Crown - Brotherhood EP [ Self Released ] { Psybient }
Smooth - Forgotten Futures [ Cyan Music ] { Psybient }
Ultradian - Pathfinder [ Self Released ] { Ambient }
Ultradian - Pathways [ Self Released ] { Ambient }
Various Artists - Cosmik Chill Green [ Electrik Dream ] { Psybient }

Results for last week (these are the results after one week of voting - you can still vote and comment on this selection - click here!):

1st:
Dreamstalker - Memory [ Merkaba Music ]

Rukirek - Ascending To The Stars [ Mystic Sound Records ]

Various Artists - Aquatic Collective Compilation Vol. 2 [ Aquatic Collective ]

2nd:
Fils Des Étoiles - Le Voyage Introspectif [ Self Released ]

Various Artists - Floating Spirals 3 [ Melusine Records ]

3rd:
Aviron - Oasis [ Cosmicleaf Records ]

CloZee - Revolution Remixes [ Gravitas Recordings ]

HuuHaa - Starizona [ GreenTree Records ]

Katozuka - Seven Skies [ Mellow Sonic Sound System ]

Lorenzo Montana & Mick Chillage - Deviazoni Cosmiche [ Carpe Sonum Records ]

PhDeems - Psychedelic Dub EP 2 [ Self Released ]

R.Roo - Like A(n) [ Self Released ]

To see all releases of 2016 so far, visit the Releases Table here!

Big love _/\_

Edit: this week's results are available to view here :)

Dub Trees - Celtic Vedic - Beautiful ethnic indian psydub  chillin album.
NOYA Project - Insight - I like Balance music, Beautiful Progressive chillout album with little bit of dark.
Seamoon - Crystal Language  - I m not very big fan of Psydub, the reason i like this album because of this track Crystal Language (528Hz - 8Hz Binaural) so Psychill track! <3
Various Artists -  Cosmik Chill Green- I don't usually listen to VA albums but I liked this time, Cosmik Chill Green is nice Psychedelic chillout , btw I didn't know about this label before, need to listen more albums from this label.
Ultradian - Pathfinder sweet deep ambient music 
Don't mind my comments =)

keep the comments coming, manny. :)

Seamoon's new EP is great, this is a change in style for him to a more bassy sound but he pulls it off nicely. personally I prefer the Six Synergies track the most.

Electrik Dream is a great label so it was a nice surprise to see a new Cosmik Chill compilation, the last one was 4 years ago (yellow). that Martins Garden track though!

Johakyu & Ultradian were some nice discoveries, promising new artists.

Erothyme never disappoints, he tends to get a little wild on some tracks but always brings it back down to earth.

still need to check out Dub Trees & Noya Project though.

some genre disclaimers:

4bstr4ck3r & 5AM are essentially strictly glitch hop instead of psybass but were listed because I listed previous releases of theirs in the past.

Sense Datum is more psytrance/psybreaks but I like Eurythmy so I figured I'd list his side project here too.

Smooth is dub techno but was listed because of Cyan Music which I've kept up with so far this year.

Erothyme's EP is a winner for me.  Really like his music, and I found the EP to be a little more accessible.  At least easier to buy given it's four tracks and not 12 or 15 and being pay-what-you-want creating a need for a decision and ethical consideration....  

I got excited about Eurythmy's EP in my bandcamp feed and then was deflated when it was Sense Datum and faster music, not the real Eurythmy that I love.

Didn't know there was any new Kaya Project on the cards, and here I find that it's already released.  Have to have a proper listen tonight at home, but sounds promising played softly (barely audibly) here at my desk at work.

no probs with your selections timeisart.  Happy to see a range of genres represented.

Kaya Project

Yeah I wasn't expecting a new Kaya Project release either. That psyshop link was the only one I could find anywhere at the moment, hopefully a bandcamp link will pop up soon though.

Edit: nevermind, didn't see that Maia found the Beatport link: https://www.beatport.com/release/crossing-the-river/1770760

Yeah I wasn't expecting a new Kaya Project release either. That psyshop link was the only one I could find anywhere at the moment, hopefully a bandcamp link will pop up soon though.

Maybe I will wait to see if it appears on bandcamp.  I had a listen to the Gaudi remix on youtube last night.  Can't say I really dig the vocal that Gaudi has used.  Maybe I need to give it a few listens and see if it grows on me.

keep the comments coming, manny. :)

Seamoon's new EP is great, this is a change in style for him to a more bassy sound but he pulls it off nicely. personally I prefer the Six Synergies track the most.

Electrik Dream is a great label so it was a nice surprise to see a new Cosmik Chill compilation, the last one was 4 years ago (yellow). that Martins Garden track though!

Johakyu & Ultradian were some nice discoveries, promising new artists.

Erothyme never disappoints, he tends to get a little wild on some tracks but always brings it back down to earth.

still need to check out Dub Trees & Noya Project though.

Thank you  :D

Edit: nevermind, didn't see that Maia found the Beatport link: https://www.beatport.com/release/crossing-the-river/1770760

It wasn't easy to find ~ I don't get it, surely the only reason for releasing anything through Beatport is the promotional capacity the artist gets with it, but if I hadn't known it was there somewhere I probably never would have found it... go figure.

I think Erothyme and Kaya Project are the only contenders for me this week so far. I also much prefer Eurythmy's midtempo stuff. All of your comments will as always be helpful in directing my ears towards other things once I have time to give them my attention though ^.^