psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
timeisart

news - 2016 - W51 (December 12-18) - release of the week poll

2016 - W51 (December 12-18) - release of the week poll  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which release(s) would you like to highlight this week?

• Acid Eaters - Alquimia EP [Self Released] {Bass}
    • Anchor Hill - Origins [Self Released] {Bass}
    • A Pale Void - Warm Night [Pure Perception Records] {Ambient}
    • Banco De Gaia - Warp And Weft [Disco Gecko Recordings] {Psybient}
    • Byzantine Time Machine - Adventure In Istanbul + Remixes [Outtalectuals] {Bass}
    • Data Rebel - Remains [Self Released] {IDM}
    • Dubianchi - Ashes EP [Cymatic Lab Records] {Psydub}
    • Gaddy - H.E.R. | 2016 Compilation [Self Released] {Bass}
    • Hypnotizer & Key-G - Persistent Illusion [Nutek Chill] {Psybient}
    • Mick Chillage - Paths [Databloem] {Ambient}
    • Mystral - The Lemurian Experiment [Sacred Technology] {Bass}
    • Potlatch - Enervate Birds [Cosmicleaf Records] {Psybient}
    • Psyntimental - My Minds Eye [Abstract Future Recordings] {Bass}
    • Re:Set - Blue Ice EP [Addictech Records] {Bass}
    • Rukirek - Enchanted Earth [Mystic Sound Records] {Psybient}
    • Sentientism & Axon Genesis - Argonautica [Self Released] {Bass}
    • Solipsism - Kismet [Carpe Sonum Records] {Ambient}
    • Spectrum Vision - Nature's Everlasting Glory [AstroPilot Music] {Psybient}
    • Spectrum Vision - Shamanic Cult [Self Released] {Psybient}
    • Spyra - Headphone Concert - Little Garden Of Sounds II (Remaster 2016) [Manikin Records] {Psybient}
    • Spyra - My Little Garden Of Sounds (Remaster 2016) [Manikin Records] {Psybient}
    • Suduaya - Venus [Altar Records] {Psybient}
    • SXtheMadArtist - Ripples In Space [Blue Tunes Chillout] {Psybient}
    • Trikaya - Yopo Ono [Soul Resonance] {Bass}
    • Various Artists - Ascending [Melusine Records] {Psybient}
    • Various Artists - Drift Theory [Shanti Planti] {Bass}
    • Various Artists - Standing With The Waters: A Benefit Album For Standing Rock [Aquatic Collective] {Bass}
    • YUV - Bhajan Min Zaman [Self Released] {Bass}

news-2016-51-300x300.jpg

Hi guys,

I invite you to discuss and highlight the music releases that have been announced this week in psybient.org news. You are very welcome to vote for your favourite, most 'interesting' album(s) and/or share your impressions and thoughts on the music.

Embedded players for each release are under the spoiler - click 'show' below to display them. For previews of non-Bandcamp releases, click on the link.

AcidEaters-Alquimia.jpgAcid Eaters - Alquimia EP [self Released] {Bass}

Anchor Hill - Origins [self Released] {Bass}

A Pale Void - Warm Night [Pure Perception Records] {Ambient}

Banco De Gaia - Warp And Weft [Disco Gecko Recordings] {Psybient}

Byzantine Time Machine - Adventure In Istanbul + Remixes [Outtalectuals] {Bass}

Data Rebel - Remains [self Released] {IDM}

Dubianchi - Ashes EP [Cymatic Lab Records] {Psydub}

Gaddy - H.E.R. | 2016 Compilation [self Released] {Bass}

Hypnotizer & Key-G - Persistent Illusion [Nutek Chill] {Psybient}

Mick Chillage - Paths [Databloem] {Ambient}

Mystral-TheLemurianExperiment.jpgMystral - The Lemurian Experiment [sacred Technology] {Bass}

Potlatch - Enervate Birds [Cosmicleaf Records] {Psybient}

a2503359262_3.jpgPsyntimental - My Minds Eye [Abstract Future Recordings] {Bass}

Re:Set - Blue Ice EP [Addictech Records] {Bass}

Rukirek - Enchanted Earth [Mystic Sound Records] {Psybient}

a3753399268_3.jpgSentientism & Axon Genesis - Argonautica [self Released] {Bass}

Solipsism - Kismet [Carpe Sonum Records] {Ambient}

Spectrum Vision - Nature's Everlasting Glory [AstroPilot Music] {Psybient}

a2750106035_3.jpgSpectrum Vision - Shamanic Cult [self Released] {Psybient}

Spyra - Headphone Concert - Little Garden Of Sounds II (Remaster 2016) [Manikin Records] {Psybient}

Spyra - My Little Garden Of Sounds (Remaster 2016) [Manikin Records] {Psybient}

Suduaya - Venus [Altar Records] {Psybient}

SXtheMadArtist-RipplesInSpace.jpgSXtheMadArtist - Ripples In Space [blue Tunes Chillout] {Psybient}

Trikaya - Yopo Ono [soul Resonance] {Bass}

Various Artists - Ascending [Melusine Records] {Psybient}

Various Artists - Drift Theory [shanti Planti] {Bass}

Various Artists - Standing With The Waters: A Benefit Album For Standing Rock [Aquatic Collective] {Bass}

YUV - Bhajan Min Zaman [self Released] {Bass}

Results for last week (these are the results after one week of voting - you can still vote and comment on this selection - click here!):

3 VotesNibana - Fireside Tales [ADN Music] {Psybient}

2 VotesBeatfarmer & Shankara - Encounter [street Ritual] {Bass}
2 VotesOne Arc Degree & Trinaural In Dub - Coalescence [Ovnimoon Records] {Ambient}
2 VotesPranasonics - A Substitute For Love [self Released] {Psybient}
2 VotesSonic Mind - Kristinelund [Electric Spin Records] {Psybient}
2 VotesTactyl - E=MCfreak [bowlba Records] {Psydub}
1 VoteEarth Grid - Earth Grid [Eardream Music] {Psybient}
1 VoteFloating Machine - Fragments [self Released] {Dub Techno}
1 VoteRakoon - Our Smiles [self Released] {Psydub}
1 VoteTetarise - Playing In The Glow [self Released] {Psybient}

2016banner.jpg

I can recommend Rukirek, Spectrum Vision - his Nature's... album might be my favourite of his - and Suduaya, all great. I'm listening to E-Mantra's Ascending compilation right now, some great moments, some a bit more indifferent. The Hypnotizer & Key-G EP is very pleasant too.

Anchor Hill: Origins

love this organic tracks, this one has a lot native american influences in it.

Mystral: The Lemurian Experiment

This has a few good remixes in it, but not to much :)

Rukirek: Enchanted Earth

Another great release on Mystic Records!

SXtheMadArtist: Ripples in space

Great to see she's releasing on Blue Tunes!

V.A. Drift Theory 

Some massive Shanti Planti madness, love it!

V.A Standing with the waters

So much artist and so much creative force for protecting mother earth...nuf said!

Thanks again timeisart for the hard work putting these weekly lists together. Makes my job so much easier!

No problem Lorn, glad you appreciate them.

However, recently I've been thinking about making some possible changes to the format of these polls when the new year starts and I really liked yiannis' idea of separating the voting aspect from the weekly release threads and start making monthly polls. So the weekly format would no longer contain polls but would merely introduce the releases that came out during the week. It would still contain bandcamp players and everything else, though. Then at the end of every month I would compile all of the month's releases into a single poll that people could look back on and vote for their favorite releases of the month.

But then I thought how about instead of waiting until the end of the week to make the weekly release presentation thread that contains all of the week's releases, what if I were to make a blank thread at the beginning of each week that the forum community could help build throughout the week by posting links to new releases there? Then at the end of the month I would use those threads to help make the monthly poll?

Would everyone like to lend a hand with that? If not I don't mind continuing on as I've been doing but this new proposed method would be more "current" in that you don't have to wait until the end of the week to see new releases, and would probably help encourage activity in the forum.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I don't have a problem with the weekly presentation at all, it works fine for me. I do check certain labels' bandcamp pages regularly though, so perhaps I could help with Altar, Mystic Sound and Microcosmos releases, possibly even the odd Ultimae release. I look at Cosmicleaf too, but I don't check very much there, as they release a lot of stuff all the time. Totally "mainstream", I know, but these are the labels I follow. I have a feeling I'm not the only checking them though.

As long as all the week's releases are listed in the thread by the end of the week it doesn't matter who is first to post a release link, just that it gets on there. With more people helping build the list, the chance of a release falling through the cracks goes down. I think everyone has a decent idea by now of what is acceptable here right? Let's stay away from the extreme ends of the tempo spectrum like prog & psytrance at the high end and drone/beatless ambient at the low end unless you deem it psychedelic enough to qualify (use your discernment).

No problem Lorn, glad you appreciate them.

However, recently I've been thinking about making some possible changes to the format of these polls when the new year starts and I really liked yiannis' idea of separating the voting aspect from the weekly release threads and start making monthly polls. So the weekly format would no longer contain polls but would merely introduce the releases that came out during the week. It would still contain bandcamp players and everything else, though. Then at the end of every month I would compile all of the month's releases into a single poll that people could look back on and vote for their favorite releases of the month.

But then I thought how about instead of waiting until the end of the week to make the weekly release presentation thread that contains all of the week's releases, what if I were to make a blank thread at the beginning of each week that the forum community could help build throughout the week by posting links to new releases there? Then at the end of the month I would use those threads to help make the monthly poll?

Would everyone like to lend a hand with that? If not I don't mind continuing on as I've been doing but this new proposed method would be more "current" in that you don't have to wait until the end of the week to see new releases, and would probably help encourage activity in the forum.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I'm only interested in the releases so having only a monthly poll is fine with me.

Only issue with having everyone be able to post links to releases is most likely we will be overwhelmed with non related music. Will need a good admin to cut those out.

I'm only interested in the releases so having only a monthly poll is fine with me.

Only issue with having everyone be able to post links to releases is most likely we will be overwhelmed with non related music. Will need a good admin to cut those out.

Well you're probably right, on second thought I think maybe I'll just continue what I've been doing and post all the releases that I can find at the end of the week, but I'll need everyone's help to make sure I don't miss any before it's time to post the monthly poll, so please post links to any missing releases in the weekly threads.

i like the weekly polls a lot because it help to discover new music quickly.

when a new week come i enter the FORUM NEWS POST , and i check 2 things:

--- "last week" best of.

--- new week releases.

when i check new releases if i find smth nice (event if i listened 1 release from the whole week, i still make my vote. so the vote is not to define the best, but to highlight the good one).

And once my vote is made i can also have a look on other "users" votes and maybe it help me to make decission to define what to listen next.

basically weekly votes helps to discover music "quickly". 

What can be done is for example 1) we continue weekly posts here, and 2) we do monthly posts on the main site .