psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
Gagarin Project

best of the year poll 2016 - participate and please help to spread the word about -

Hi Guys and Girls !

would like to ask you to participate in the best of the year poll and help to PROMOTE in in the web, can you please :
- share the link to the poll / fb event with your friends
- invite them to fb event 
- and post a picture from the fb event on your wall 
- or/and repost it from psybient.org page.
(all others way to communicate it are also welcome)

during whole year we did a huge job to collect all the releases (huge respect to timeisart for this), and now it is time to promote the scene and artist. i think attention to the poll will be good communication for all sites (artist, labels and psybient.org project).

thanks !

p.s. if you have any ideas how to make this poll or promotion better feel free to comment below or write me a personal message !

2016pollbanner.jpg

looks good, my only concern is that the large number of options might be overwhelming for some people, even if it is broken up by release type (album, EP, compilation, etc.) I don't know how to remedy that next year other than divide it further by genre maybe?

Hopefully people have an idea of what releases they want to choose before even starting the poll, then they can just use CTRL+F to find them like you've stated in the poll.

indeed is a difficult issue to address. there are several approaches but i think ours is not that bad.

our approach is:

1- we provide a very extended list => problem is that listes are huge to choose from

alternative approaches is:

2- make a preselection => smbdy has to take responsibility 

3- make a "free to enter whatever you want" input field => will be difficult to count releases

That problem has been around since the day psybient.org started this vote and I've always thought that it should be fixed. But I filled the form today and actually found it quite good, easy and reasonable because I had forgotten quite a lot of the stuff that came out last year. The proper releases got the proper votes. So keep going with this, you've got my approval!

That problem has been around since the day psybient.org started this vote and I've always thought that it should be fixed. But I filled the form today and actually found it quite good, easy and reasonable because I had forgotten quite a lot of the stuff that came out last year. The proper releases got the proper votes. So keep going with this, you've got my approval!

the list helps a lot to remember what was out and what's not ;)

we have 21 votes so far, don't hesitate to share links to the poll in the internet.

Is anyone else having problems accessing the poll...??? Numerous times I have tried and just get a blank page

sorry to hear this.... a friend had a similar problem

the original link redirect to bit.ly link which redirect to https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfomEHkPW-xUkCmRXWdWrDrjcidTdmwUpcKJ2qncGwQGQSq4Q/viewform

this is just to let me have a statistics of a number of people who try to access the poll. You can try to use a google docs link.

Interchill Records is missing from the label page. And also Sofa Beats.

eh, I guess next year the >5 releases for the year rule for listing labels should be thrown out and just list all the labels that had at least one release during the year.

edit: although even that wouldn't work for Interchill since they didn't have a release in 2016, are you suggesting that every psybient label ever should be listed?

sorry to hear this.... a friend had a similar problem

the original link redirect to bit.ly link which redirect to https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfomEHkPW-xUkCmRXWdWrDrjcidTdmwUpcKJ2qncGwQGQSq4Q/viewform

this is just to let me have a statistics of a number of people who try to access the poll. You can try to use a google docs link.

Thank you Iurii... I'll try these links

although even that wouldn't work for Interchill since they didn't have a release in 2016, are you suggesting that every psybient label ever should be listed?

Completely disagree with this. Interchill has been awesome all these years, but a year's poll is a year's poll, not a 'best ever' poll.

Still haven't got round to doing the poll, when is the deadline?

eh, I guess next year the >5 releases for the year rule for listing labels should be thrown out and just list all the labels that had at least one release during the year.

edit: although even that wouldn't work for Interchill since they didn't have a release in 2016, are you suggesting that every psybient label ever should be listed?

My bad. Didn't remember that they were hibernating during 2016 (release-wise, anyway).

Doing the poll made me realise there's loads of music from '16 I didn't listen to, stuff I'd like to check out. I've been in a more uptempo mood lately so I don't know if I'll remember about any of it when the downtempo mood comes back. I have a feeling I liked '15's overall output a bit more than '16's, but not by much.

Doing the poll made me realise there's loads of music from '16 I didn't listen to, stuff I'd like to check out. I've been in a more uptempo mood lately so I don't know if I'll remember about any of it when the downtempo mood comes back. I have a feeling I liked '15's overall output a bit more than '16's, but not by much.

results of 2016 will be usefull to catch up :) i have listened a small fraction of everything released in 2016, so i am personally looking forward for results ;)