psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
Evolution

The Official Carbon Based Lifeforms Discussion Thread

I saw Daniel do a CBL set a couple of years ago but due to the quality (and, to an extent, the quantity) of the drinks I had I was so hopelessly drunk I barely remember anything. The set sounded great at the time but I was barely conscious. I'd really like to see both of them once in a less chaotic state of consciousness for sure. Their music is beautifully hypnotic, maybe a bit more than most other Ultimae artists bar H.U.V.A. Network.

CBL was an acquired taste for me. I wasn't really getting into their style at the first few listens, I liked it but it wasn't anything super special to me at the time. Knowing they were so acclaimed I kept trying from time to time until it finally happened once on the coming down of an acid trip. "Supersede" played on my music player (I was in random mode) and it just blew me away. I went and re-listen to most of their stuff after and i've been a fan since. Especially the album Interloper.

Just love CBL albums - my fav is "Hydroponic Garden"  but "World of sleepers" is most personal as I`ve got serious illness in short time after I bought this CD and was in coma for 3 weeks - then my wife put headphones over my ears with music from this album as she knew how much I like it, (hoped it`ll help me to get better soon)  - she was absolutely right :)  I belive it could be effect of sample from track "Abiogenesis"  ( "wake up" ) :)

btw. :  Remastered by Vincent ( Aes Dana ) reedition of "Interloper"  will be released shortly ;) 

https://www.facebook.com/carbonbasedlifeforms?fref=ts

Still no word on the re-release of their albums being remastered. On their facebook it said "The re-release of Interloper is only days away now. The remastering sounds incredible, all thanks to Vince of Ultimae Records." That was posted on Jan. 29th, over two weeks ago. It will be interesting to see how it sounds, I don't know how they could have made it better, that seems impossible with such a masterpiece of an album. I'm anxious to hear it for sure though.

They also signed with a new booking agent, Terraform Bookings. I'm not sure what that means if anything at all. I wouldn't mind them coming to the US for a few shows. But I'm not sure the ambient scene is as big here as in other countries.

I'm ready for a new album! In an interview they said they are going to start working on it and expect it to be released this year! I need it!

My relationship with CBL is an unusually emotional one. I had a boyfriend who used to play it when we were together and the relationship ended with him betraying me very badly, so I couldn't listen to it for months. About three years later I was at Boom (last year) with my current partner, he was having a miserable time because of the heat and we were getting really upset with each other. We were at the Sacred Fire just having just had another horrible argument and then CBL appeared and helped us to heal so much of the pain we were feeling at that moment.

So yeah, that's my 'me and CBL' story :P

Jatab - yours is pretty inspirational! :)

Just love CBL albums - my fav is "Hydroponic Garden"  but "World of sleepers" is most personal as I`ve got serious illness in short time after I bought this CD and was in coma for 3 weeks - then my wife put headphones over my ears with music from this album as she knew how much I like it, (hoped it`ll help me to get better soon)  - she was absolutely right :)  I belive it could be effect of sample from track "Abiogenesis"  ( "wake up" ) :)

V for Vinyl

We're very happy to announce that we've signed up with Blood Music, a well respected label focusing on vinyl, with a long list of quality releases. Don't get frightened from all the metal and blood, they actually started a few years back to widen their spectrum to electronic music, now even wider smile emoticon For starters we'll release Interloper both on vinyl and CD. Remastered with new cover.

So, this is one of the reasons why the remastered digital version of Interloper is delayed, the other is that we ran into some trouble with some of the tracks and had to redo them. To keep up to date regarding the physical releases please follow Blood Music. To clarify, digital will be released by us very soon, the release of CD and Vinyl will be at a later time, we've only just begun the process.

We will drop some more news on Tuesday.

Love and Light

CBL

I wonder why they left Ultimae?

I really wish they would put out a new album already.

i am not sure they left, hey just recovered right to sell they older works directly to people. and this make them more independent. I still think they will be "sold" as Ultimae artist for festivals. maybe i am wrong.

Question: When introducing someone new to Carbon Based Lifeforms for the first time, would you recommend they listen to the first Interloper album or the remastered Interloper album?

Question: When introducing someone new to Carbon Based Lifeforms for the first time, would you recommend they listen to the first Interloper album or the remastered Interloper album?

i would go for original ;) this was the sound that hooked us all. but i have to say that i didn't listen attentively to the re-release, so i suggest you wait for another answer 

I second your take on this, Monsterhed. The original is somehow warmer (dare I say more organic sounding) than the new version, which is more impressive but less personal. Is it because I got used to the original? Change of times (mastering practices)? Stronger need to impress the crowds listening to tracks of recent years with a brighter sound? I don't know. It is still an amazing album.