psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
Gagarin Project

What are you listening now?

Ancientrealms: Deep in Mind indeed has been making some very sweet stuff, Bicycle day is another favourite of mine, a bit emotional and mellow in the beginning followed by a nicely driven beat :)

But I actually came here to post the debut album of Nibana, some top notch psybient that I just discovered (from the "Best of r/Psybient 2014" poll).

The quality really took me by suprise!

So many good tunes released the last few months, I should start making some new mixes! :)

Latest podcast from one of my favorite labels, Auxiliary. Futuristic atmospheric electronica of the highest quality, for some serious chillin' :D

http://auxiliarymusic.com/auxcast-phasethree/auxcastp3-ep2.mp3

Nice, I really like ASC/Sam KDC/... reminds me of the "good old dnb" times, but with a different flavour.

Just had a good listen to the latest Shpongle after quite a long time. Although at first it hardly grabbed me at all, this time I think I "got" it more than ever before. I still reckon it's my least favourite of their albums, but now I might be able to enjoy it for what is rather than what I would like it to be. I think it has the most understated melodies of all their albums, definitely the fewest ethnic elements and despite using some ideas from the past in sounds and vocals, these aren't recycled but rather expanded upon. Finally, there are some things, like The Epiphany of Mrs Kugla, which hadn't been attempted before. It might just be the come down album, especially if the latter's just started - and I'm saying this having heard it (and still) sober. What did you guys think of it?

Just had a good listen to the latest Shpongle after quite a long time. Although at first it hardly grabbed me at all, this time I think I "got" it more than ever before. I still reckon it's my least favourite of their albums, but now I might be able to enjoy it for what is rather than what I would like it to be. I think it has the most understated melodies of all their albums, definitely the fewest ethnic elements and despite using some ideas from the past in sounds and vocals, these aren't recycled but rather expanded upon. Finally, there are some things, like The Epiphany of Mrs Kugla, which hadn't been attempted before. It might just be the come down album, especially if the latter's just started - and I'm saying this having heard it (and still) sober. What did you guys think of it?

I will come clean and repent of my evil ways....I have not listened to it. :blink: