psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
YuriNondual

Psy Balkan

I would love to hear psy balkan music. Something energetic like ott but with Balkan, gypsy and swing motives. Is there anything like that?

I am probably looking for something similar to this but more glitchy and more psychedelic fx.

https://michaelfraser.bandcamp.com/track/django-style-adham-shaikh-remix

and maybe like this, but less like glitch-hop

https://sonicturtle.bandcamp.com/track/rug-rippin-spoonbill-respoon-remix

Dunkelbunt. Mixes electronic sounds with instruments similarly to Shantel and has alot of dubby/chill tracks with clear balakn influenses.

Balkan Beat Box. Name self-explanatory. Also usually not entirely electronic, but a mix of acoustic and electronic though.

Forty Thieves Orkestar

Max Pashm. For the lack of better description let's call it Balkan trance.

Balkan based track from Gramatik.

Basically the closest thing to what is requested in OP would be usually called ''blakan beat''. There is even VA named just like that Blakan Beats Vol 1-3. Get that if you can. Don't think i ever encountered purely psybient or other sort of downtempo track based on blakan/balkan gypsy melodies, besides lame remixes of traditional songs.

not sure if this is exactly what you're after, and I'm sure you've heard Liquid Stranger before, but this track came to mind. the parts with the accordion like sounds at least... what instrument is that actually?

yes actually Swing and Tango vibes are often mixed with Balkan. I love liquid stranger :) Thanks.

Dunkelbunt. Mixes electronic sounds with instruments similarly to Shantel and has alot of dubby/chill tracks with clear balakn influenses.

Balkan Beat Box. Name self-explanatory. Also usually not entirely electronic, but a mix of acoustic and electronic though.

Forty Thieves Orkestar

Max Pashm. For the lack of better description let's call it Balkan trance.

Balkan based track from Gramatik.

Basically the closest thing to what is requested in OP would be usually called ''blakan beat''. There is even VA named just like that Blakan Beats Vol 1-3. Get that if you can. Don't think i ever encountered purely psybient or other sort of downtempo track based on blakan/balkan gypsy melodies, besides lame remixes of traditional songs.

Hey. Great stuff. I like it all, but it's all more traditional balkan beats. I am after more bassy and more psychedelic than this. Have you heard Amsterdam kletzmer band btw?

What about this one?

Anachronic Electro Orchestra

It might be a little more DnB than expected, but full of Baklan Energy (and the Shaddock clip is great)

Sorry, dunno why the second link has the same address, try Shrodinger by the same band