psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
Organic Patterns

Organic Patterns - The Search (2018) [Self Released] (Ambient downtempo)

Excellent work.  You set a high standard for yourself in Biome, and you have not disappointed in The Search.  In fact, you have exceeded expectations.  Superb follow-up; I'll be eagerly awaiting more from you.

Thank you Gagarin, I appreciate it! :-)

Sure I could say a few words! It's actually very loosely inspired by Interstellar - The Concept is that for some reason earth is close to being uninhabitable, so we have to search for a new one. Track 1-6 are inspired by various terms in relation to the search for habitable planets. You could say that it's the necessities required in order for a planet to be habitable. The remaining tracks is an attempt to convey the psychological side of the situation. 'Preparation' is attempting to illustrate the race against time whilst earth is crumbling around us. 'Publica Animi' (meaning 'State of Mind' which sounded too hip hop hence the latin) is trying to convey how we as humans respond to the situation - We've found a new planet which is good but we are also forced to leave our home. The track is an attempt to convey that struggle. Cryogenic Sleep and Specimen, is inspired by the more practical side to the preparations - we're not really sure about the technology behind cryogenic sleep and we need to bring samples or specimens with us in an attempt to bring something from home. Onward is leading to the next album, since 'The Search' is meant to be the start of a trilogy - next album will most likely be called 'Arrival' continuing directly where 'The Search' left off. :-)

That's the inspiration for the album :-)

I've been thinking about it, and it would make sense to me that you submit to Carpe Sonum.  Your music reminds me of that classic mid -90's to early 00's era golden age ambient that FAX, em:t and Instinct Ambient released - so much so that I was at first certain that I'd heard your stuff before.  But I hadn't - although not at all derivative, it was just so much situated in that iconic tradition.  And yet it's fresh and new.  But your melodies and soundscapes seem somehow as central and fundamental as theirs did then.  It's like you are creating brand new golden age ambient.  And that's a very great thing.

No one is explicitly trying to carry that shining FAX torch along so much as Carpe Sonum.  I bel;ieve that you two are made for each other, and would be very good for each other - and for all of us...;~)