psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
Gagarin Project

do we need this forum ? question to ask

hello Friends,

it is time to ask ourselves a question... do we want this forum ?

why ? what's unique here ?

i am preparing a list of question to ask ourselves... depending on the found answer will be possible to make decision

there is a mission of updating it one version higher, and it will require some energy. I would appreciate your input... you can reply below or write me personal message on forum or message in https://facebook.com/psybient.org

I admit it's almost dead. Basically I use it for new releases since it's mostly Iurii, Gordon and I talking about anything. I think Facebook seems the preferred platform for discussion these days. I will be sad to this place go though.

Well I’d like it to stay even though I agree there’s not much activity here anymore, which is unfortunate since it used to be quite active a couple years ago. I like being able to embed bandcamp players here at least so I’ll keep posting even if there’s only a couple of other regulars here.

Granted, we don’t NEED this forum but it’s nice to have a smaller homegrown alternative to the monolithic corporate sites like Facebook and Reddit. I don’t use Facebook though and have no plans to use it in the future unless it is literally the only place left.

I don't comment a lot here.  But I do visit the site quite a bit, looking for info on upcoming releases and checking out new topics.  I'd hate to see it go.  I think it serves a real purpose for a lot of people who aren't very vocal here.

Truth be told i havent posted in a while, this forum has been quite dead...but i like to have a place to discuss this genre of music...but it needs more, otherwise this will be a niche forum, and will continue to have very low activity.

Forums are an oldskool platform now unfortunately, instead being replaced by poorer versions like reddit, or even worse places for short-term/shallow conversation like Facebook. For me I fucking love forums...it's where the true experts and deeply-passionate people come to talk, with real substance and depth. On facebook I wont find the same high quality suggestions as I do here, it's just a shame that different media forms now have now taken the centre stage when it comes to conversation... to be fair, Psybient is pretty niche...when I say I like Psybient to people, they are honestly bewildered as to what it even is (lol). We are a small (but blessed) bunch...

I wouldn't get disheartened about it. I am part of forums for Trance, Drum & Bass and Trip-Hop, as well as graphic design forums and all are seeing less and less activity each year. Like others have also expressed, I may not post much, but I am always lurking and reading interviews and looking for new music. Keep up the good work I say!

thank you for your inputs ! 

the thing is even on facebook discussions in groups are rare,... i see some times interesting discussions on artists / people profiles, but not in groups..

the problems is that those discussions will be lost, and it is really hard to get back to them to revisit.

reddit is more a link exchange, and not much discussion happen there either. Also nobody can guarantee if it will stay long.

i don't have energy for that now, but i will have to organize a crowdfunding in order to do maintenance upgrade this forum and to allow it to survive online.