psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
snowdrop

news - 2015 - W13 - release of the week poll

2015 - W13 - release of the week poll  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which release(s) would you like to highlight this week?

• 4bstr4ck3r - Bass Bump [ Street Ritual ]
    • Arcturian Soul, Peak & Re:Creation - Nine Realms [ OverSoul Project ]
    • Ashnaia Project & Hypnotizer - Reset [ Self Released ]
    • Chronotope Project - A Prayer For Tenderness [ Spotted Peccary Music ]
    • Desert Dwellers - The Great Mystery [ Desert Trax ]
    • Drrtywulvz - Animal EP [ Merkaba Music ]
    • Erot - Remixes [ Iboga Records ]
    • Jagoa - Solar Journey [ Ae Records ]
    • Legion Of Green Men - Spatial Specific Redux [ Self Released ]
    • Lunatick Project - Veronika [ Plexus Music ]
    • Martins Garden - Insomnia EP [ Self Released ]
    • Mikael Delta - Inner City Light [ Cold Tear Records ]
    • Ocean Star Empire - Stasis Yoga EP [ Self Released ]
    • r.roo - A Little Story About [ Self Released ]
    • Sattyananda - Sonic Mandalas [ Audio Aashram Music ]
    • Taktyle - No More Boundaries [ Self Released ]
    • The Avatara VII23 - Radicle Emergence EP [ Be Green Records ]
    • Therange Freak In Dub - Cosmic Transformation [ Visionary Shamanics Records ]
    • Various Artists - Ambient Online Compilation: Vol. 4 [ Ambient Online ]
    • Various Artists - Lucid Labyrinth - Between The Shadows [ Rexette Records ]
    • Various Artists - The World Beyond [ Neogoa ]

Greetings, friends! Your friendly poll pixie here, with another selection of auditory delights for your consideration    :D

I invite you to discuss and highlight the music releases that have been announced this week in psybient.org news.

You are very welcome to vote for your favourite, most 'interesting' album(s) and/or share your impressions and thoughts on the music.

p.s. This is new idea, and we will post similar topics once per week. If you have any ideas regarding how to make this more interesting, fun, and easy to use, please let me know.

Embedded players for each release are under the spoiler - click 'show' below to display them.

Last week's results (these are the results after one week of voting - you can still vote and comment on this selection - click here!):

1st:  Carbon Based Lifeforms - Interloper (Remastered)

2nd: Living Light - Ecliptic Re-Visions

3rd: Astral Waves - Magnetique
        Fingers In The Noise - 4 Days

Zero Cult - Inside Out

Big love _/\_

Edit: you can view the results of this poll in next week's poll here :)

So many amazing releases this week. My vote has gone for Desert Dwellers (for more of the bass heavy goodness I've come to expect from them), Drrtywulvz (who I've not encountered before and really enjoyed) and Martins Garden (who I encountered a while ago and have enormous respect for how far he has come with his production - this EP honours so many psydub and sacred bass artists but has a genuine innovative flair of its own which is never obvious and always intriguing - it gives me hope that maybe someday my own production will improve enough that I can safely inflict it on the world  ;)).

Desert Dwellers will definetely get a high rank this week, top notch productions with many styles mixed in.

Would like to recommend you a music of a friend of mine "4bstr4ck3r - Bass Bump [ Street Ritual ]", this guy has a very distinctive style, not for everybody, but if you like bass and would like to listen something new give him a listen.

Erot usually has a very good productions, his latest album is very good. So i will try to listen to the remixes as well. 

Would like to recommend you a music of a friend of mine "4bstr4ck3r - Bass Bump [ Street Ritual ]", this guy has a very distinctive style, not for everybody, but if you like bass and would like to listen something new give him a listen.

Just had a go with it - it's a bit too glitch-hoppy for my tastes, but I have a couple of friends I think will very much enjoy it :)

Cold Tear is an amazing label, I love their approach to dub electronica/techno. Mikael Delta I also knew from the legendary (in Greece) electronica band "Stereo Nova" and its pioneering work during the 90s. This is a high quality dub techno album, enjoyed it a lot!

My vote's goes this week to Martins Garden - Insomnia EP.

Because he's just a really nice guy and a great producer!

Normally i would have voted on DD's new LP, but i just can't feel IT at all, it's like they had to much valium when recording :)

To long intro's, to long outro's and not enough rythm.

I have enjoyed streaming 4bstr4ck3r's EP over the last week.  Pretty funky stuff.  Not too glitch-hoppy for me - still remains pleasant to the ears.

I bought the Desert Dwellers album last Friday but haven't had a proper chance to listen actively yet.  My passive listens have been enjoyable but I was distracted by goings-on around me.

My vote was for Drrtywulvz Animal EP - I like it a lot.  I'll have to do a bulk purchase of Merkaba music soon - the label has been releasing somewhat prolifically over the last months, I can't keep up!

Friends,

thank you so much for participating actively in this post, i really happy to discover new music with your help and advises you the things i like. Will try to finalise the listen and make my vote officially :)

i have listened a half of the releases this week and would like to highlight following ones:

Desert Dwellers - The Great Mystery [ Desert Trax ]

Martins Garden - Insomnia EP [ Self Released ]

Sattyananda - Sonic Mandalas [ Audio Aashram Music ]

Ashnaia Project & Hypnotizer - Reset [ Self Released ]