psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
Sign in to follow this  
pdinklag

Inti - Figments (2020) [Self Released] (psychill, downtempo)

Hello everyone!

You may or may not know me as Veasna, a goa trance project from Germany. After many many years, I decided this Christmas it's finally time to release an album featuring my downtempo music produced under the name Inti.

The music is from 2004 to 2012, a lot of it from a time before I knew what "psy chill" was, so it may or may not fit that description. It is very melody-driven and mostly backed by hip-hop-ish beats. All tracks were produced using FL Studio, with the LinPlug Albino 2 and 3 being very prominent. I still have all the project data, so naturally I gave them a fresh mix for this release.

You may notice how short most of the tracks are - that's just really how I wrote them. I talked to JaraLuca in Croatia a few years ago about a possible release on his label and his greatest critique was the duration of the tracks  (cheers Luca! 😁). All my attempts to make them longer have failed, I feel they're just right like this. So here we go, I'm putting them out as they originated. The tracks Arctica and Atlantis have actually been released on a CD compilation before, after being discovered by an all expense travel company (weg.de) back on MP3.com around 2005.

Inspiration came from pretty much all music I ever listened to, but in some cases also from video games. I produced Core around the time I was playing Crysis, and for Space it is not too hard to guess. 😉 For the others, it's hard to remember, since I wrote them too long ago and throughout very different phases of my life.

So, here we go: Inti - Figments

Figments.jpg.d806f73e1de411517af4ea4d59a5d32d.jpg
https://inti-music.bandcamp.com/album/figments

I plan on keeping this free for at least the holiday season. 🎅

Please enjoy and have a very merry Christmas, or whatever it is you celebrate!