psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
snowdrop

news - 2015 - W14 - release of the week poll

2015 - W14 - release of the week poll   

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which release(s) would you like to highlight this week?

• Ambient Mechanics - The Tide - Tidal Remixes [ Altered Echo Project ]
    • Ayla Nereo - Hollow Bone Remixes [ Jumpsuit Records ]
    • Bare Island - Middle Distance [ Self Released ]
    • Crop - Luminus Circle [ Uxmal Records ]
    • Digitalis - Destiny EP [ Pistolero Recordings ]
    • Dissolv - Realms Of Passage [ Merkaba Music ]
    • GeOMetrae - Infinite Love [ Self Released ]
    • Germind - Antimatter Vol. 3 [ Cosmicleaf Records ]
    • Grub - Harbinger [ Cydonian Recordings ]
    • Hedflux & Grouch - Collaborations [ Luminus Music ]
    • jdoblom - Boundless Sea [ Plexus Music ]
    • Ka11DNA - Ancient State Of Mind [ Plusquam Chillout ]
    • Lakay - Maloya Therapy [ Hadra Records ]
    • Luke Mandala - Tuning To Gaia [ Self Released ]
    • Naure Said - Anasazi [ Self Released ]
    • Naure Said - Kiss [ Self Released ]
    • Neorus - Origin [ Self Released ]
    • Prizm Prime - Pyramid Of The Magician EP [ Uxmal Records ]
    • Santiago Niño - To McKenna & Dogon EP [ Self Released ]
    • Sattyananda - Abducting Aliens [ Audio Aashram Music ]
    • Sattyananda - Natural Rhythms [ Audio Aashram Music ]
    • Side Liner & Maluns - Left & Right EP [ Cosmicleaf Records ]
    • State Azure - Adrift EP [ Self Released ]
    • Subaqueous - ReCreate [ Self Released ]
    • Sun:monx - In The Trees EP [ Interchill Records ]
    • Suns Of Arqa - All Is Not Lost, But Where Is It? [ Liquid Sound Design ]
    • Tsykhra - Mankind Under The Microscope [ Mystic Sound Records ]
    • Unknown Reality - Fresh Fruits [ Self Released ]
    • Various Artists - Earthtones Vol. 3 [ Tessellate Recordings ]
    • Various Artists - Ethnomusicology [ Phantasm Records ]
    • Various Artists - Kallisti [ Truck Records ]

Greetings, friends! Your friendly poll pixie here, with another selection of auditory delights for your consideration :D

I invite you to discuss and highlight the music releases that have been announced this week in psybient.org news.

You are very welcome to vote for your favourite, most 'interesting' album(s) and/or share your impressions and thoughts on the music.

p.s. This is new idea, and we will post similar topics once per week. If you have any ideas regarding how to make this more interesting, fun, and easy to use, please let me know.

Embedded players for each release are under the spoiler - click 'show' below to display them.

Last week's results (these are the results after one week of voting - you can still vote and comment on this selection - click here!):

1st:  Desert Dwellers - The Great Mystery

2nd: Martins Garden - Insomnia EP

3rd: Drrtywulvz - Animal EP

Mikael Delta - Inner City Light

Big love _/\_

Edit: you can view the results of this week's poll here :)

Looking at all those releases, it was a good week.  Discovered the GeOMetrae album yesterday; it sounds really good.  As does the Suns of Arqa one.

The Hedflux & Grouch EP is a cracker - hardly downtempo!  I played it loud on Sunday and young kids were bopping around the house to it - they seemed to enjoy it!

Hi Friends, new week and new sounds - this list is huge :)

make sure to check tunes from french producer Naure Said, he is playing himself live sitar that is very nice sound. Also happy to listen to new "Neorus" album. There is a video if his live setup in out video section.

Players are under spoilers if you haven't notice yet.

p.s.

We try to avoid uptempo music in our news, i am not 100% sure why we added  The Hedflux & Grouch EP :) i just discovered it and i love how it sound: experimental , breaky. I think i can play it slower in a proper moment of a dance party ;) Personally i hope the midtempo psy music will have more development (100-120 bpm).

Enjoying the Suns of Arqua album as I'm typing this, but I won't vote since it's the only one I've listened to (and liked). Although I enjoyed the other two Antimatter volumes, I didn't connect to the last one in the same way. Possibly needs more listens.

Enjoying the Suns of Arqua album as I'm typing this, but I won't vote since it's the only one I've listened to (and liked). Although I enjoyed the other two Antimatter volumes, I didn't connect to the last one in the same way. Possibly needs more listens.

Just so you know, it is possible to vote now , and then if you change your mind - delete + add new vote.

The goal of the vote is not to select the absolute best, but to highlight the good ones, so if somebody don't have time to listen all - he/she could check the recommended by others.

Honestly I had no time for listen to all posistions from current week but my  vote goes to Suns of Arqa as I know and like this project since many years and I am happy that Liquid Sound Design label is back, too ( with this album) :)

Hi All, stumbled across this site via my bandcamp stats, what a find! I'm very happy to see our new release "Middle Distance" included above, and just wanted to chime in and urge people to have a listen. I know with so much new music it can be hard to pick out individual artists.

Judging by the vibe here I'd actually recommend the closing track "One last time" to listeners. Please enjoy!

Hi All, stumbled across this site via my bandcamp stats, what a find! I'm very happy to see our new release "Middle Distance" included above, and just wanted to chime in and urge people to have a listen. I know with so much new music it can be hard to pick out individual artists.

Judging by the vibe here I'd actually recommend the closing track "One last time" to listeners. Please enjoy!

Greetings! And thanks for the ethereal vibes :) I actually prefer stuff with a heavier beat and/or bass, so 'Cargo Cult' appealed to me most :)