psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
Gagarin Project

psybient forum future ? what can we do for the community ?

Hi Guys !
how is your digital internet life and habits ?

do you see the need and value in this place ?

How can we make it more useful for everyone ?

How do you see future of this place ?

I would like more activity here, but i am not sure how to bring more people and more conversation in here ...

It's been said before, social media is where the discussion is. I don't have any so I too wish there were more activity here. Any attempt at dialogue from my part has been met with minimal response, always from the usual suspects. I do check out Gordon's lists regularly, but I don't want to keep starting threads where responses can be counted on one hand of a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, or keep posting on the listening now thread on my own.

yeah unfortunately forums like these are endangered nowadays since social media killed (and in my opinion ruined) everything. pretty sad to see honestly. granted I haven't really been doing my part to keep up discussions here, just been posting the releases updates (which I still don't mind doing since its mostly automated now, but even that feels like just going through the motions sometimes if there weren't any standout releases during the month).

but as far as music goes there's usually not a lot to talk about that hasn't already been said. maybe if it were opened up to more off topic talk that might encourage discussion? like for example (and I don't want to ruffle any feathers here) but personally I think covid was intentionally released as an excuse to consolidate more government control and limit people's freedoms even more. but that kinda talk has been done to death on social media so idk wtf to talk about lol

I'm just glad to see this place is still alive and that some people are still finding my releases updates useful (even if it's only like two or three people lol), there's usually a decent number of views on each topic but I have a suspicion that a lot of those are bots, but if not there sure are a lot of lurkers here (including myself most of the time)

i will try to send a message to all forum members to activate the discussions here :)

this place is a backup of website in a way, and if people search something in google this place do appear in search as well, so we do keep information available for lurkers :)

Hi everyone,

I am a new(ish) arrival to the psybient scene, and this is the first time I have posted on the forum. It is not usually my thing, but I don't have social media.

My experience so far of this community is that the website is such an amazing source of information, especially concerning new releases, and the end of year polls. I really value this. The music I have found via all these sources has quite literally kept me sane during COVID.

I also think some of the forums are really helpful for those wanting to explore this very broad genre (such as the 'best releases of all time' or the 'what releases are available on vinyl'), and as has been noted above, this provides an unparalleled historical record. I also listen to the mixes on the webpage sometimes. I suspect in non-COVID times that there will be more information on events/festivals etc which would be great for those of us not on Facebook.

How to take this forward? Perhaps narrow down the forums (it looks quite overwhelming to someone new!) so that it is easier to find discussions and add to them.

@gagarin and @timeisart, thanks, and please (despite the lack of activity currently on the forums) know that I am sure lots of people find the website and resources invaluable.

I'll try and post more frequently, and happy to also discuss other things we might do together..

Take care,

Kevin

That graph represents every industry, every project, every human relationship. How many relationships last for ever? How many companies exist since 1800s ? 99,999% succumb in the above law/graph. If money aren't there, if interest isn't there, what do you accomplish by keeping something alive ? You are just postponing its death.

On 10/4/2021 at 12:41 PM, yiannis said:

It's been said before, social media is where the discussion is.

I don't know how to find serious discussions on social media platforms and I also have no idea how social media pages are found by their users. The sites at social media platforms of which people take notices are also only needles in a big haystack. A few sites are very active but the majority is nearly ignored.

I definitely plan on continuing to be active in this community, though I could contribute more than I do at the moment. I'm kind of "old school" and I prefer this type of discussion forum over social media. 

One way to get more traffic here would be to divert more of the discussion back to the forum. Polls and contests could be announced on Facebook, but participants would need to navigate back to psybient.org to participate. If you're posting article or reviews, you could post a brief synopsis and include the tagline "read more..." or something which hyperlinks back to the forum.

It takes some work and time, but it's a way to "normalize" using the forum again. I think it's also important to look not only at posts, but views as well. In my experience, a lot of people are "lurkers" who read but rarely, if ever post. This goes all the way back to the beginning of web forums. 

On 11/6/2021 at 3:31 PM, AlienNavelCord said:

And are there psybient.org t-shirts? I'd get one. 

not yet 😕 but we will send you email once we have them , register !@ https://www.psybient.org/love/mailing-list/
don't have to make it interesting , i don't like black Tshirts :)