psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
Progressive Anarchists

new EP planned - what are your suggestions for modifications before mastering?

Hello,

it is now over four years ago since I released the album "West Meets East". Meanwhile, I published some tracks at soundcloud but I didn't create something which is mixed up more professional, mastered by a sound engineer and released on all major platforms.

But a few weeks ago, I started to improve two songs with the goal to release a two-track EP at Bandcamp and via a digital distributor on other download and streaming platforms. I also thought about releasing a 7-inch vinyl single but I discarded this because pressing plants are currently very overloaded and therefore, prices are too high, the waiting times too long and most plants currently reject new orders because they have too much in their pipelines to complete.

So it will finally become a digital-only release with the following two songs:

Lets Harvest Colors

La Laguna Negra

Not updated at soundcloud I already replayed the bass guitar and changed the drum sounds at Lets Harvest Colors. On both songs, I optimized the mixer volumes and the EQ settings of the instrument tracks in both songs, changed the velocity of selected notes and modified some parameters of specific synthesizers with the goal to make everything more audible.

What are your suggestions what I should also change before I should give the audio files to a sound engineer for mastering?